Cars are technology. What is Jow Forumss favorite car infotainment system?

Cars are technology. What is Jow Forumss favorite car infotainment system?

Attached: audi_rs3_saloon_03.jpg (1700x956, 327K)

ahhh much better now

Attached: 1544812630228.jpg (1700x956, 257K)

Sync 3 in Ford/Lincoln vehicles is pretty fuckin polished. Toyota Entune is probably the most sterile and boring.

With the advent of Android Auto/Apple Carplay in newer car models the actual infotainment built in quality is starting to matter less, as long as the system is stable and the screen is large and responsive.

Are there no new cars that are just dials?
I am thinking I will just buy a used car that still has a fully analog dashboard. Fuck fiddling with screens and controls while driving.

two maps for people with two clocks on their phone

Attached: 1286158385834.jpg (300x300, 24K)

Infotainment is pointless and modern cars are built with the intent of planned obsolescence once the warranty expires. The only screens in your car should be a GPS and a dashcam.

Agreed, I've got no plans to ever buy a new car unless my current one dies and I can't find another good one. The comfy ass couch bench seat alone makes it worth it.

Attached: .png (1024x682, 1.54M)

Gods the interior of the A3 is so fucking disgusting
>round air outlets
You should have bought a Golf R

The one in my car

Attached: IMG_20180804_180218.jpg (5312x2988, 1.06M)

Then he'd miss out on the Haldex which is superior.

Does that phone actually work?

Both have haldex, which is FWD-biased garbage.

The one that doesn't have any. BMWs without their gross iDrive are literally perfect.

Kenwood made an HD screen last year

Hope they've developed something new this CES

Attached: 18_DNX9180DABS_E_B_F_GUI_AA.jpg (600x410, 56K)

>. What is Jow Forumss favorite car infotainment system?

I really don't care about that at all, I can always put a mount with my phone. My dad paid like $3000 for navigation in his Audi and it's much worse than Waze, which is free. All I want is a good stereo system, and you don't need a screen for that.

Well besides Teslas infotainment, i would say aftermarket chinese units.

I have this in my Mitsubishi

Attached: citroen-c4-aircross-102-touch-screen-android-80-4gb-32gb-entertainment-system.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

Wrong.

casette radio

Bluetooth amps are a God send for classic cars.

based

Why? They're trash tablets that have shit audio quality and rely on wifi.

I'd be nice to have one that's just screen and buttons so you could connect an RPI to it. I wanted to get one of those for my car but it's a bummer to get stuck with low end chink hardware and chink roms forever.

Phone?
It has a way to pair a phone to it but that's just the head unit

you might not like it, but this is what peak interior looks like

Attached: 667_hf-integrale-8v.jpg (1024x585, 104K)

>favorite car infotainment system?
Seriously they're all so awful car companies should stop developing altogether and just assume everyone will synch their phone. And pass the cost savings onto the consumer.

Attached: android-auto-system-1500x1000[1].jpg (1500x1000, 215K)

>What is Jow Forumss favorite car infotainment system?

The kind that doesn't distract me with useless doodads while i'm driving. I really enjoy my cheap Philips radio that has bluetooth and lets me answer the phone by pressing a button without having to look at the radio or the phone.

Attached: philips-ce135bt.jpg (900x477, 61K)

>infotainment
Buzzward bingo!

>he thinks the A3 has a Quattro like real Audis

Bad news: The A3 is just a more expensive Golf with ugly interior (although you can have stronger engines)

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

And a Lexus is just a Toyota, and an Acura just a Honda.

Anything else you want to regail is with your automotive ignorance.

>regail
What did he mean by this?

None like the proper Jow Forums luddite I am.
I hate these stupid fucking gimmicks with the power of thousand Suns. Useless garbage.

My new car will by the new jimny. Because it doesn't fucking have one.

Attached: 1435507699666.jpg (492x661, 103K)

>infotainment
bloat

Same thing as "it's just an expensive VW".

my favorite is whatever has the best possible audio quality, a volume knob, a 3.5mm plug, and physical equalizer controls. Bonus points for no touchscreen, extra bonus points for no screen at all

>peak interior
>all the warning lights are on

>Are there no new cars that are just dials?
no, literally illegal now that backup cameras are mandatory on new cars
pretty hot

I just googled for minutes and I can't find anything on the word "regail" aside from a brand for fucking table tennis rackets. Did you invent that word?

based

My stock system checks all of those if you count the cassette to aux adapter.

Attached: eq.jpg (640x429, 55K)

Fight me

Attached: 1985-audi-quattro-interior-750x500.jpg (750x500, 78K)

I have a pi with official touchscreen mounted on the dash of my jeep. running android auto through my phone and also connected to the Bluetooth audio in the jeep.

>has never turned the key forward right before starting the car

Ask me how I know your underage.

shit pic stolen from fb

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-14 16-57-10.png (806x764, 446K)

what are the control inputs if you wanted to play that?

Yeah they rely on wifi or 4G to get internet like all other wireless devices.

YOU GOT ME THERE.

A mouse.
Eventually I'll get around to working on it more and mapping the radio buttons. I can use some of the steering wheel buttons too I believe.

good luck with it, it seems like an interesting project. i'm sure you've seen the parody video of the guy running doom on his porsche.

>(although you can have stronger engines)
Correction: you can have ONE stronger engine. The one in the RS3.
The S3 is mechanically identical to the Golf R.

don't own a car with one but sync is the best one I've used in my experience driving other cars

thanks

Maybe a long time ago, but I remember the stupid Goy on autoblog saying that you can't on any car more.
I more did it because, hey, this thing can display stuff. Let's put doom on it

I see not all Jow Forumsoys are plebs. Also anything more than a radio with bluetooth is disgusting bloatware.

Attached: 1508459507753.jpg (962x542, 55K)

imagine not having cockpit-style meters

Attached: 16-lancia-delta-integrale-evo-2.jpg (640x480, 121K)

Attached: 2002_chevrolet_cavalier_base-pic-8722035582405906800-640x480.jpg (640x480, 115K)

>he doesnt even know what MLQ and MQB is.

COMFY

yep, I'd use that

>He thinks a configurable platform is the same as chassis
>He can't even in to modular platforms
>He expects to be taken seriously

My mom got a 16 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's my favorite by far. It's very simple and logically laid out while being quite functional at the same time. Only thing I wish is the display actually went off when you turned it off rather than showing black but still being lit

best: unironically iDrive, especially the NBT. nothing compares in terms of smoothness

worst: audi's MMI aids, especially the one up to 2014/15 AND AND AND MB Comand. HOLY FUCKING CUNT DICK is that system incredibly laggy and just shitty to use

my car has the 1st gen sync (2010 lincoln mks) and for what it is, it's fairly comfy
does not have any fun toys though but w/e it has bluetooth and steering wheel controls

> hardware eq controls on the bottom

based, o man of taste

>Buy an expensive and powerful car
>Automatic transmission
Bwa ha ha ha

The one objectively correct answer.

Attached: tesla-model-3-white-interior-2-e1526831089773[1].jpg (1441x720, 78K)

Yeah Audi MMI is shit. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. That whole system is a pain in the dick to deal with, and God help you if one of your drainage channels backs up and dumps water all over the fucking hardware

saved

iDrive blows because it only supports Apple Car Play, can't believe BMW of all brands does this especially since their new cars that have phone unlock / start only work with Android.

>God help you if one of your drainage channels backs up and dumps water all over the fucking hardware
This was a problem back during the B5, they still haven't fixed this shit?

dude yeah, back in the day my dad had a C5 and those blocked drains fried the ecu or some other control unit, i was sititng in the back and i realized there was a pool where my feet should be lmao

i didn't know of that unlock/start thing but my friend's iphone X can start his X3 through the connecteddrive (i think?) app

but yeah if you have an android i can see how one wouldn't like idrive lol; i just don't like carplay either all i want is bluetooth audio, the added bonus to see what im playing would be nice too.

i use this chink android auto head unit, actually works surprisingly well. it's an indashnet something, can't remember the actual name. picked it up for no other reason besides it being the only cheap head unit that wasn't a glossy black LED mess, just a screen and a few buttons

Attached: scared_face.png (721x586, 593K)

based and roadpilled

>touch the screen
>see something on the street
>emergency braking
>smack the screen you your hand
>not even hit the obstacle on street
>you car is now totaled

AutoPilot takes over the instant the screen is touched. There's literally nothing to worry about.

It makes a nice appliance and nothing more

Faster than a Cayman GT4 round a track

That's cool and all, but that doesn't make it fun.

>going fast isn't fun

>A E S T I T T I C
They had a dash that was basically a giant wheel compass (and near fuck all else) - cant remember the model now tho. Based frogs

Attached: CX-Dashboard-Layout-Series-1[1].jpg (1024x653, 251K)

it cant last long enough on a track without overheating

It cannot possibly get better than this

Attached: PEUGEOT-106-Rallye-2564_4.jpg (4096x2731, 2.25M)

it's fun :)

Attached: 20181027_224433.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

You're thinking of the Model S, the 3 uses newer motors that don't overheat and while the batteries will cut power, this only happens after multiple laps and only takes a cooldown lap or two before they're back up to normal output.

the orientation of an engine completly change a car and VW only sell cars with longitudinal engines as more expensive that trickle down from audi. The only exception is phaeton that became a bentley.

can it lap the only track that matter

Attached: bk.jpg (400x400, 28K)

>use different subframe
>engine now bolts in lengthwise
Wow so hard

AUDIS IN-CLUSTER NAV WAS ALWAYS THE GOAT

BUT THAT POPUP SCREEN IS REDUNDANT, STUPID AND GAY

BASED AND BURGERPILLED

there's more to driving than just speed senpai, being able to hear the engine, shift gears, feel the bumps on the road, etc. all contribute to the experience. idgaf if the car i like has a lap time 10 seconds slower than a tesla if it's overall more engaging to drive, but to each their own

yknow if you wanna write "cock" in your car there's a number of cheaper options, like using mspaint on your laptop or just a paper/pencil

Quite literally the only thing I hate about Tesla.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST DASH INTEGRATION OF A SCREEN IN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY

LITERALLY BOLT A GIANT LANDSCAPE DESKTOP MONITOR ONTO THE DASH ARE YOU HIGH ELON

AT LEAST THE GIANT PORTRAIT ORIENTATION MONITOR IN THE MIDDLE PILLAR OF THE MODEL S LOOKS HALFWAY LIKE IT BELONGS THERE

AUDI IS THE GOAT, THEIR CLUSTER CUTOUT LCD IS THE SEXIEST AND STILL THE BEST

>automatic
How the fuck do you live with that shit? I guess an audi probably has one of them fancy computerized ones so it's not AS bad as an old-fashioned pressure-based one, but still, what if you need lug it to 40 uphill in second gear?

TIPTRONIC, AT LEAST YOU CAN MANUALLY SELECT GEARS

BUT THE ART OF FINESSING THE CLUTCH WILL BE LOST AT THIS RATE, CLASSIC PORSCHE PRICES JUST KEEP RISING

REAL DRIVING USES TWO FEET

The one on my phone stuck to the dash connected by BT and not as old as the car

Already have this shit in my pocket, why put it in the car?

lot of high end cars have automatic without a choice. Theres literally no fucking need for manual shift outwith male ego.

A lot of high end cars are marketed to old West Palm Beachers and the Nouveau Riche.

Now let's be clear. The Racing style transmission that you'll see in a Ferrari or a Formula 1 is something completely different from either a traditional manual or a shitty automatic and is clearly superior to the former. But until that technology starts hitting the 15k price point, count me out of the meme that is automatic technology that is basically the same shit lazy consumers have been using since the 80s.

If the car is very powerful compared to it's gearing, stick is a bad choice. A manual is still very fun to drive, however. If that makes me full of myself, then so be it.

I'm more of a retro guy myself
Fun Fact!
This was the first ever touchscreen infotainment system in any car, and this was back in the 1980s.

Attached: images0.jpg (1920x1080, 835K)

>that steering wheel

How?

Wait. What is that steering wheel connected to?

the 1980s were weird

Attached: images.jpg (273x185, 9K)

I am 100% unironically jealous. I know their software is proprietary (but it does run debian underneath!) but god damn if a Model S isn't my dream car.

Attached: desing_folks.jpg (458x380, 21K)