Why are you not using it?

Why are you not using it?

Attached: Csharp_Logo.png (512x512, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/2.2/2.2-supported-os.md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because swift enables me to code in emojis

Microsoft

Becase PascalCase everywhere is retarded.

.NET SDK is a spyware

tfw this is actually a real thing

I'll be using it for another week or so until I leave my old job.

Only for public stuff, for private you should use _notPascalCase or notPascalCase.

No major strength beside being a "well engineered language".

What about you can write everything from mobile apps, desktop and ofc modern web.

And now everything cross-platform thanks to .NET Core.

>only
>almost all apis are public

user@penguin:~$ sudo apt-get install csharp-compiler
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package csharp-compiler
user@penguin:~$

Attached: 1539993445909.jpg (1000x665, 64K)

There's Java for that.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

C# has some shit conventions. Fuck whoever decided you have to put an I in front of every interface.

Java is now deprecated by Kotlin on Android and in enterprise it's only because of existing software.
You just don't start new projects in Java nowdays, plus Java is basically just a bad C#.

Prove it

>says the 2nd most popular programming langauge is deprecated
>says kotlin is better when java can be converted to kotlin and vice versa

user...

not /g tier but what a qt

I would like to code in c# on linux too because it is like having a lisp that you can get a real job in.

However there is no c# compiler on linux I can trust blindly like I can trust apt-get blindly. Therefore it doesn't exist.

Attached: 1407624519981.jpg (600x900, 55K)

No usecase.

Servers:
>Rust
>Java
>C++

Desktops:
>C++ (If I need performance)
>Python otherwise

Low-level:
>C
>C++

I only code in JS

C# is the clear decision for Windows desktop applications. It is a good language for it's purpose(s).

try mono

or dotnet aka .NET Core, runs everywhere

github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/2.2/2.2-supported-os.md

I dont give a fuck about C %

I am trying to learn as we speak

>coding in emoji
the microsoft managed compilers have had the ability to process unicode source text since v1

you're an idiot

I have no use for it.

>mono a shit
>.net a mono
>want apt-get install into seesharp-compilerbau can I into please

Attached: 1540064543858.jpg (640x640, 46K)

heh
# pkg_add mono

I used this sad excuse for Java's smegma for an entire fucking semester. It is the single worst language I've ever had the displeasure of using

For backend services that just shuffle data slop from business trough A to business trough B, there so many other languages with less tooling overhead. Take a thin perl or python script, put that shit in a container, and done. you're runtime requirement is docker at that point and a host that can run containers.

@app.route('/get_records/', methods=['GET'])
def get_records_parallel(number):
"""Gets all the records from 1 to n from the distributed backend using 10 concurrent workers. Efficient for network I/O bound operations. Inefficient for CPU bound operations"""
records = Pool(10).map(some_io_bound_function, range(1,number+1))
return jsonify(records)

Now granted GIL and threading is counterproductive in compute workloads, so you would not see any tangible performance benefit, but for firing off some parallel set of processes over an input set, for I/O bound parallel operations, the higher-level abstractions allow me to do so much more than I could without a lot more boilerplate in C#.

Modern corporate development on the backend is mostly shoveling data shit. For high-speed real-time, use C, Rust, or C++. For desktop windows environments, C# is the strong winner unless you need cross platform to a bunch of random other OSs in which Java is probably better. If you are doing just RESTey backend stuff, there are many alternatives to the .net ecosystem that are lighter and don't come with the MS tax.

Also fuck IIS, WCF, ASP.Net, and the 40 different versions of MVC. They forklift their frameworks every goddamn year. I abandoned the entire .net ecosystem around 2011 and haven't looked back since. My worst days in development were working with ASP.Net/IIS XML configuration migrations from major version changes of those fucking monsters.

It's ultimately about using the right tool for the job, the job being defined not only by the expected outcome but also the constraints on budget, time, staff knowledge, candidate pool, etc.

Attached: 1494877045671.gif (400x263, 2M)

I use it for work. It's pretty nice, but still a little too close to the verbosity of Java for my liking. Dotnetcore was a very welcome addition.

>less tooling overhead
Don't knock the tooling. When you find out you need to implement bearer tokens and permission-based access and find out that there's an annotation that does all the work for you in ASP.Net, you'll be glad it's there.

Same with deploying to AWS. Everything you can think to do has already been done and there's a tool for that.

An intelligent response. Thanks.

I've been away from the MS stack for too long to know how people are deploying it--what are the smart people doing these days to maintain large distributed micro-service style deployments?

In dockerized-not-MS-land, we just use kubernetes magic to rollout new containers and pods running latest and greatest with some playbooks and manage dependencies on the container level. What's the equivalent in .net? Or is it still heavy VMs from ISOs PXE booted + powershell + cli automation around msi files and using orca to debug why some msi doesn't contain the right dll dependencies?

Here’s a usecase:
10x fucking faster to get anything done compared to c, c++, and java.

I can write a Spring Boot CRUD in Java with less lines of code than I would with ASP.NET MVC and C#, and also skip the XML config clusterfuck.
MS shills ale delusional lmao

Attached: is_this_guy_serious.jpg (766x717, 111K)

This is some stupid fucking shit to actually say.

Such complete faggotry.

Java's inheritence sucks ass
Exception handling MUST catch in every fucking method so gay.
God Java just a shit language.

Mono ports C# everywhere.
Unity, Godot, Monogame, Xamarin use C#
Winforms, WPF make quick shit server apps in a few hours go home happy

Bonus: Java is LOVED by every big brown pajeet from here to the heart of India. Don't cry when your job gets offshored lil boy

I think c# will gain presence over the next few years with Azure growth and implementation into other use cases like data analytics.

Not saying it’s the perfect language but it seems very re-usable and portable to other purposes and platforms. 5 years ago I would have said c# is cancer but now I think it has the makings of a strong open platform. Interested in opinions otherwise as I’m tempted to spend some time learning it more.

docker and kubernettes or azure service fabric, idk why you think docker doesn't work with .net :p

I code exclusively in Microsoft C#/.NET and also JavaScript

>t. proud cuck

>if it's not in my walled garden it doesn't exist
Freetard emulation of Macfags reaches a new threshold.

Not sure if bait. No one is forcing you to, sweetie. You could create public interface WhyAmISoFuckingRetarded if you'd like.

C# is like pascal, but new
I love pascal

Um... they all start with I in the C++ interfaces, too. And the C wrappers. And the

Yeah, not knowing what your platform's insert_language's implementations are called doesn't excuse claiming there's none.
Freetards will freetard though.

> C# is like pascal
FreePascal produce dependency-free binaries and is cross-platform by design. It's nothing like C#

For me, it's C++, the best programming language.

Should I learn C# first then before Java? I've no programming experience beforehand.

you can start with visual basic if you are afraid that you don't get it

I am using it... My current job is coding with it.

because functional languages (haskell, idris) are betetr anyway
prove me wrong

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-15 at 20.25.19.png (1312x462, 101K)