I'm looking for a new usb audio interface

Has anyone had any buyers remorse or can anyone tell me whats good? I play guitar. Looking at the audient id4....and the behringer 404hd

Attached: banner2-copy.png (750x400, 192K)

My AudioBox USB has worked quite well with a mic and instruments plugged in, but many boomers I know swear by Scarlett

Attached: C15B9437-E1A6-48CC-9774-A46D28072BFB.jpg (300x300, 35K)

I've got the Scarlett i2i. It's unironically, really fucking good. I use it as a DAC as well as a capture device. Does well for both.

My Scarlet 2i4 has worked quite well with a mic and instruments plugged in, but many zoomers I know swear by AudioBox

Attached: D15B9437-E1A6-48CC-9774-A46D28072BFC.jpg (580x387, 137K)

B-but I was born in 1995, that’s not true, I still remember ducking around Mac OS 8.5 and html text yahoo...

.u_u

I'm with these anons. I've got the 2i2 and not only does it just werk (on a Mac) and sound pretty good, but the build quality is solid. I use it for live performance and it can take a bit of knocking about

MOTU track16 is best home recording. All else shit. I take that from my old studio job - they use that for small projects and now I have it at my house.

All that I record from me to friends sounds best on that. PreSonus? Scarlet? You have better tracks recorded out of dogs ear than those trash. All of others compared at that price are as such when you put MOTU into the problem. Solve it all the way and then you will have Superior Recording and can also extend the recording with I/O to make thing easier on computer.

If want actual music and not paper scrap in sound form then get that. If ok with make a pinata of sound get shit box PreSonus or Scarlet

Just messing with you, if you're .

While I don't use a Mac I've using it with Windows and it's nice, but I regret not going 2i2+.
Solo doesn't have TSR (Only unbalance RCA).

It’s all good, I like the banter mang! What do you use with your interface

What makes motu good?

I just use it for VoIP right now.
I just got tired of the shitty mic quality on the convenient H2100 BT headset I used for talking when I wasn't using the speakers or other headphones and got a mic I knew wouldn't sound like shit.

Attached: led + headphones.jpg (2688x1512, 1.15M)

2i2 is a meme. don't fall for it. go for the audient or if you have more money get the pro tools duet on offer for 340 bucks

>XB-700

You need a massive EQ in the 250-500 Hz

I just want a USB audio interface with really good Wangblows software. I already have a good mic preamp. I would only need a single mic input.

RME
Once I tried this shit, there is no coming back even for just music playback.
Shit just works fucking everywhere.

this, i can confirm. go get RME OP

Babyface?

I have a first gen 2i2. Its terrible. It juste crash during long recording sessions.

I have a behringer xenyx 502usb and its a piece of shit. Can't recommend behringer from that experience.

I don't use them that much anyway.
Got them for free.

How is the protools mbox? Friend is selling one sans-software for $100. It's the 2input version.

If you mean to record guitar only the id4 is the best choice you can make because the di of the audient is the best you can get in the market and it has one pre if you need to record vocals or something else. If you need to record more instruments or you need more inputs go the umc404hd, solid preamps and solid converters, absolutely great product. Don't fall for the scarlett meme, their pre are quite dark sounding and the instruments level inputs aren't as good as the audient or behringer ones.

opinions on this feisty fellow?

Attached: rtaImage.jpg (1068x505, 85K)

user REAPER, it's free

I have a Scarlett solo. it's great, would recommend