Why don't you root your phone any more?

Why don't you root your phone any more?

Attached: 420RootIt.png (468x523, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mewch.net/tech/res/34.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I keep it unrooted unless I need to mess with the system directories over adb, because muh security.

Unlimited MAC addresses!! Unlimited POWERRRR!!!

Too much hassle, can't trust the people making the roms, can't be sure whether everything will work properly, have to keep re-flashing it if it doesn't work properly, some shit with security features won't work on rooted phones either. I spent a few years on a rooted phone, I'm over it.

In fact, I am over the whole idea of a smartphone as a mobile computer. It's a great convenience device; I can use it as a GPS, communicate, browse the internet, and scan barcodes, etc. The whole NFC payment system is complete bullshit though, and I want no part of that; I'd rather they just make Visa gift cards with NFC chips that I can load up at the store and and use to make anonymous payments for shit. A phone is basically a government surveillance device and anything you do on it can be traced back to you.

Besides, what do you need performance for in a phone? Look at my benchmarks! I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING much faster than the rest of you! I remember paying like $500 for my Note 3 when it came out; I want to go back in time and slap myself in the face. A cheap phone is all you need, because all the functions of a phone don't really require them to be powerful. They aren't even good for gaming. If there was a phone that could dock into a joypad shell like the Switch or something, that might be cool, but otherwise, they are a complete pain in the dick; touchscreen gaming is a fucking meme.

I went from snapdragon 410 to 820 and i'm glad i did. While not necessary, apps and websites load faster and life time is precious. I never paid more than 150 for a phone, though (or a pc)

I do. Rooting and installing LineageOS keep it usable even 5 years later. I literally still have my first smartphone. It still works, screen is intact and it's more than fast enough for my uses. Only issue is that battery isn't the same as before (even without Gapps), but it still lasts the whole day.

Attached: 1527817441145.png (752x1062, 1.06M)

Root ya phone? Where are ya supposed to stick ya dick?

Nah just kidding I know ya shove it up yer arse ya poofter cunt.

every device i own i get root access to and then I customise whatever software is installed. using custom roms for a particular model is fine but they usually have missing features or don't have drivers for certain features. I own the device, not the manufacturers.
> Too much hassle, can't trust the people making the roms
it can be a pain but trust? yes, it's a bit shady and a risk. however, the community is very much on the ball, so if anyone tried to do anything retarded, it'd be spotted quickly.
> A phone is basically a government surveillance device and anything you do on it can be traced back to you.
basically? it is. I call them Universal Tracking Devices. you can't escape from .gov phone surveillance unless it's a burner phone with no ID attached to it. personally, this is the reason why I no longer have any mobile phone connected to a network. I just use it as a multimedia device while i'm out and about. If people want to call me then they can call my house or go fuck themselves.

aussie aussie aussie.. oi oi oi.

Stopped jailbreaking when I still used iPhones years ago. Just got an Android phone, and keep thinking of rooting it, but always decide not to. It's a relatively new phone (OnePlus 6T). Don't need Substratum because OOS has a dark theme, and all my apps are amoled themed, and I have ad-block through Blockada. YouTube Vanced without root as well. Looked at all the other magisk modules out and it's all buggy pajeet shit. Don't see any reason to deal with the extra bit of hassle when taking OTAs.

now that jobs is dead i can finally buy an iphone without enriching that con artist douche

I would totally root my phone if only there were an actual open sourced option to do so... I don't want to hand over my phone to KingoSoft or some other Chinese company just so I can root, and neither do I want to install 13 different applications to do it either...

>it still lasts the whole day
You're not on your phone much

And that's a good thing.

Said who? Just rooting isn't enough though.

my phone is a phone

Because I bought some Nokia piece of shit that had a locked down bootloader.
If I knew about that, I would have bought something else.

I don't even care about it that much, but not having the "hold volume button to change song" feature is really fucking annoying.

Rooting is easier than ever(provided you have a non-cucked phone).

What shithouse phone are you using that doesn't have MAC randomisation as default?

Bootloader is locked.

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000 - I already have total control of the system.

He probably has social skills

Buy used. And do a day 0 root ;^)

My last phone stayed on the stock ROM for just 4 hours after purchase. My current one has a bootloader that can't be unlocked, which I only realized after I got it.

There's literally no need for me to root my phone. I used to root just for ad blocking, but that can be done without root now.

>first smartphone
>android
what, are you 12?

Warranty.

Can you root a phone using termux?

Rooting your phone don't void the warranty
Unless you live in a country with no consumer

*+protection

Exactly how I feel. I used to root my phones before because I wanted to get rid of bloatware but now there is pretty good vanilla Android phones which dont come with facebook preinstalled.
Also yeah, how fucking stupid to trust some Iranian built hack roms rather than company with even some responsibility about its product?

This.
That's why I no longer play on my phone, even a psvita is better for handheld gaming

>too much hassle
Phones with project treble(and that means ALL phones released in the last year) have all hardware working with ZERO effort from the developers, you can even flash one zip across all phones, just like on PCs, and it's only going to become better with time. And LOS has additional even stricter requirements before it makes the build official for your phone. If it's not the golden age of ROMs it's the silver age for sure.
>muh benchmarks
Custom ROMs have less stutter and don't slow down over time, something that no amount of hardware refinements can change as long as manufactures keep butchering stock Android.

There's honestly not much reason to anymore, besides adaway (which is the only thing I have root for at this point).
micro g lineage by itself is pretty good and battery life in general has also improved to the point that we no longer need to mess around with greenify and shit to get an extra 20 minutes.

>Galaxy S5 was getting old and beaten the fuck up
>spend AGES looking for an upgrade that doesn't suck ass
>finally decide to get Mi A1
>same day I get it, decide to root it
>bootloop
>reflash stock rom
>boots, but IMEI is fucked, so no SIM connection
>spend the whole night downloading some shady-ass drivers and programs from some shady-ass turkish/japanese websites
>programs work, IMEI shows up, but no SIM connection
>fuck it, go back to phone vendor, say SIM doesn't work
>get a new SIM, they try putting it in the phone at the shop
>bootloop
>"yeah, well, the phone's apparently broken, we'll just give you a new one"
>get new one
>still have a bunch of tutorials on how to root Mi A1 open on my tabs
>too scared to do it

Mi A1 is bretty good phone, but holy shit is it hard to root, compared to Galaxy S5 (int), which was just basically
>open odin
>load root file
>click flash
>???
>done

Literally impossible on modern phones. You can nuke bootloader entirely and still be able to use fastboot.

>Literally impossible on modern phones.
What is?

Bricking your phone.

I haven't felt any need to root since ~2012.

Who the fuck said anything about bricking

Attached: 1460604631050.jpg (638x638, 31K)

It there any phone that does this? I know some do randomize bluetooth MAC, but is there anyone that really randomize WiFi?

i dont want to fuck it up

There's no security issues with rooting your phone though.

Wasn't there pocket PCs and communicators before the "smartphone" word started being used?

Whatever DFU mode's build into the SoC, sure, but fastboot without a bootloader/recovery?

Uh, every single one of them?

If bootloader partition is nuked phones boot straight to fastboot or some vendor mode.

My devices in this situation were just getting stuck at iniyial boot logo, though manual access to fastboot works.

That was the only way to get into fastboot on lg g2 lmao. Such a weird phone, permalocked bootloader but with exploits to boot custom kernels anyway.

>same day I get it, decide to root it
>bootloop
Either you skipped 3 crucial steps here or just bullshitting, m8.

It's been a while since that day, but if I remember correctly, basically I did the following:
>unlock bootloader
>boot to twrp
>change slots
>flash root zip
>reboot to bootloop

Kek. My OP6 goes 3 days light usage.

I got my first smartphone 6 years ago and I'm 30

No point in it anymore. A lot of the customizations people did with root back in the day were pretty cringe.

How do you install adaway?

we're all 12 here

That would mean I've already been here two years before I was born.

MODS

actually im 15 m8

>using kingosoft
i really wanted to root my Galaxy tab
but no luck :(
though i managed to root my old PLDT telpad
plz help my VM has a problem
mewch.net/tech/res/34.html

sorry forgot to add this

the reason i want to root is so i can use lucky patcher and gameguardian
and to disable google services
i also have a bunch of cracked apkz

nfc payment lockout

it's a $40 phone dad

because I bought mediatek by mistake, will never do that again

but i do user

Attached: Screenshot_20181215-123550.png (1080x2160, 247K)

Contactless payments that's why nigger

Why would he be on his phone all day if he has a computer?

Because grown men who pay their own bills and feed and clothe themselves have stuff to do that involves standing up from their computers and doing shit away from it.

>4 whole hours of botnet
My stock ROM (which was CyanogenOS because wileyfox have good taste in firmware) didn't even boot before I installed TWRP and flashed LineageOS

I fucked my IMEI on an old phone (mediatek though). Does your method work with mtk6735?

See, I do all of that stuff, but personally I'm usually either doing something to keep myself clothed and pay my bills or feed myself OR I have access to a computer to do something else.

Personally the only thing I have time to use my phone where I couldn't just use my computer instead is when I'm on break at work. That's it.

Hackers never found a way to root my version of the LG G3 because it came out late in its generation and they just hopped to newer phones.

I really can't root it.

I've no clue. Fixing the IMEI was WAY out of my comfort zone. I'm pretty sure out of the 3 new drivers I installed 3 were malware. Then I installed some originally japanese program (licence was included) that wrote directly to memory through USB, which was uploaded on some fuken weird turkish website, and was way illegal to use and own.

I've no clue what I did, but I just barely got my original IMEI to display when I opened android settings. Didn't fix my SIM problems tho.
Thankfully I was able to just pretend innocent at the phone vendor and get a new one, without having voided warranty.

Gonna install debian soon to get out of my probably virus infested Win10, lul

Why should I? Why the FUCK should I? Go fuck yourself hackerman asshole

t. manufacturer

Sammy fucks up KNOX, Browser, S Health and Pay by doing the root process.

galaxy s6 reporting in...

But I did. Having AdAway is well worth losing Google pay and Pokemon go

But I do. AndroPlus kernel with DRM fix on Xperia XZ Premium, shit works just fine.

>he doesn't use magisk!

SuperSU is dead and Chinese. Magisk is the new hotness.

Attached: Magisk-Feature-Image-2-Cyan.png (1200x800, 19K)

AT&T locked my bootloader. I've tried man, I've tried. If you've got any ideas let me know. I've got access to a BGA rework station if that matters.

your very same phone is chinese, user.

Phones are such useless bricks today it doesn't even matter. I'd spend a lot of time making a useless device a little bit less useless.