GPD MicroPC

>umpc
>rugged
>$300 price
>lots of ports
>made for IT professionals

What do you guys think of it?

Attached: gpd micropc.png (680x473, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IpDoh7xYGjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does it exist?

If the drive isn't soldered on like the other models it would look pretty good.

not out yet, but it's being publicly talked about and a date for a crowdfunding campaign has been given. it's february 15th iirc

>yet another clamshell model
Goddammit, GPD.

kind of reminds me of a GoBook MR-1 but more cheap/boring looking and less rugged

Attached: itronixmr1i4.jpg (770x433, 58K)

>6"
>For IT professionals
You mean construction workers setting up your network? Because otherwise no IT professional would want to WORK on a 6" screen

Maybe not as a sole main device, but I would definitely be fine working with a palmtop that was properly designed around its form factor both in hardware and software.

Not that GPD gamer baby shit will ever meet either of those requirements for me.

I would consider it if it were ARM based and had a trackpoint + 3 buttons rather than a touch pad.

I expected to see more of these devices as the year passed. Not less of them. Allen should have waited till 2010 or 2012 to start this. These were dogs with Vista as I recall. Good technology, too early of an entry.

>ARM based
defeats the point

The point is to be shit? Why are x86 year olds so delusional?

just buy a tablet and hack it if you just want something hip to run neofetch on you fucking retard

A lot of tablets use x86. Tablets aren't exclusively ARM. Enjoy your shit battery life, Intel ME, and slow processor, faggot. I bet you use wangblows.

then buy one of the millions of superior ARM tablets or that psion clamshell everyone apparently forgot about (probably because it's shit no matter what ISA is buried under thousands of layers of abstraction and GNU/Linux is even more underdeveloped than Windows for this form factor)

the whole point of a UMPC is to be a PC, there's plenty of weak angry birds shit out there already to pander to retards who just want to pay more for a tablet with a keyboard case

I don't want a touch screen, for one, so the entire screen would have to be replaced to make a tablet usable. Then it would need a micro USB hub, and a proper keyboard, which would probably have to be made from scratch. You're a fucking idiot.
>GNU/Linux is even more underdeveloped than Windows for this form factor)
How can an operating system be underdeveloped for a form factor? Do you think a GUI is an essential part of an operating system or something? You fucking moron. It is an insignificant part. Speak specifically for once, you dumbass.
> there's plenty of weak angry birds shit out there already to pander to retards who just want to pay more for a tablet with a keyboard case
Try learning English before you post here, pajeet.

>I don't want a touch screen, for one, so the entire screen would have to be replaced to make a tablet usable. Then it would need a micro USB hub, and a proper keyboard, which would probably have to be made from scratch.
what even, why the fuck would you replace the touch screen? just disable the digitizer or... just don't use it. jesus christ. who are you calling a retard again?
and what kind of "proper" keyboard are you even expecting in this form factor? are you just a shit typist that thinks you need to have some kind of boutique hipster switch just to function?
>How can an operating system be underdeveloped for a form factor?
do you actually believe for a second that any established free software product is even remotely considering these kinds of devices in their interface design processes? do you have any actual experience with UMPCs and palmtops at all or are you just yet another braindead consumer who wandered over here from /tpg/ containment looking for another trendy nerd toy?
>Do you think a GUI is an essential part of an operating system or something?
why the fuck would you consider ANYTHING like this for a 100% shell/terminal-driven use case? seriously fuck off, you stupid hipster.

>just disable the digitizer
And have an awful, ugly display? Are you retarded? There is not one single good looking touch screen. Think before you type, bumblefuck.
>and what kind of "proper" keyboard are you even expecting in this form factor?
I'm talking about a theoretical keyboard for an adapted tablet, you dipshit. Learn to read.
>you need to have some kind of boutique hipster switch just to function?
Why would I need switches? Are you retarded?
>do you actually believe for a second that any established free software product is even remotely considering these kinds of devices in their interface design processes?
You know you can make a UI look and operate however you want with free software, right? Or are you one of those retards who comes to Jow Forums but has never even learned the very basics of programming?
>why the fuck would you consider ANYTHING like this for a 100% shell/terminal-driven use case?
Again your idiocy shines through and you totally misinterpret my post. You really are one of the very stupidest people on Jow Forums, that is for sure.

thank god you outed yourself trying this hard otherwise I would have gone to bed thinking you actually believed the retarded shit you were posting, now I know you were just looking for attention and I'm not giving you any more

Oh good, you've retreated. Hopefully I never see someone as stupid as you again. This isn't the board for you, retard.

not the kind of thread I was asking for, but I'll take it

They still ran fine with XP, they were just too expensive and niche.

ESP MicroPC

Attached: ODROID_GO.jpg (600x337, 46K)

Not really worried about the price.. going to be a tax write-off anyway.

>retarded
>ugly
>for poorfags
>ugly and useless
>made for losers

bump

If you have that send me pls.Beacause I wanna try if that resist fall 2 floors

Wow someone is mad about a product obviously not designed for them. Tell me about your problems, son.

Windows tablets are the best tablets I've had
>desktop applications in my pocket
>dual-boot with Android for touchscreen-friendly games and apps
>quad core Atom was pretty beefy, half the core performance of a C2D but twice the cores

Of course the wintoddler has to start harping on about childish little games.

Tablets are the only thing I've used Windows on in around a decade, you dumbass.

It's got a M.2 2242 SSD.

The 2242 form factor sucks, but this isn't a computer where you need much speed, capacity or reliability.

I don't care, wangtard.

And I haven't even used a tablet in 3 or 4 years so fuck off

I don't need your life story, gamer.

You sure seem interested in it, twat.

By telling you I don't care? Are you retarded? Does up mean down to you?

By repeatedly implying things about my life and continuing to reply. If you really didn't care you wouldn't still be replying.
Thanks for caring, user.

You are delusional if you think that.

I love you too bby

>a date for a crowdfunding campaign

So never.

Pretty sure their previous models have been crowdfunded. That's a good joke for when literally who? companies do crowdfunding but GPD's got a record of delivering.

I cant imagine a situation where I could use a laptop this small instead of just a normal one

Why can't they just bring back netbooks but with tablet screens? Like a 10" netbook with a N4100 and a Samsung AMOLED screen for $400-500

This is a dumb product. Fucking huge as hell with that ethernet port in the back. Why would you make a PC small but not make it portable?

Get a tablet and a dongle like a human being faggot.

1: to some extent, they have with stuff like the HP stream and its pathetic hardware but 11.6 inch screen
2: they were another cool piece of tech killed by the smartphone boom, since smartphones could do what they did about as well as they could

If they gave it a 4g modem i would replace my phone with it

>If the drive isn't soldered on like the other models
GPD Win 2 and Pocket 2 both use m2

if it ever comes out, the mobile edition of the dragonbox pyra might be your thing, it has a 4G LTE modem built in

Its arm so i dont want it
Currently no x86 mobile device with a physical keyboard, linux drivers and a modem exists

Actually i think the newst sony vaio ps did but they are old and underpowered when they were new

GPD have already released at least four of these things (GPD Win, GPD Win 2, GPD Pocket and GPD Pocket 2). There's no reason to think this one is gonna disappear down a black hole.

Check Walmart

Yeah there seems to be a market for this form factor, I have a original GPD WIN and its fucking great for travel.

>>for poorfags
this is probably going to be at least $600

youtube.com/watch?v=IpDoh7xYGjo

>when i was a kid
>vaio p
>2009
he's not a boomer?

Maybe he confused it with the PCG-C1?

Attached: comfy_UMPC.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

Release one with trackpad and Im sold

>trackpad in retarded place instead of going with clitmouse
>retarded keyboard layout
>screen closes without lock

Attached: 1474406070195.jpg (392x495, 120K)

Too add to that, the "crowdfunding" is basically GPD taking preorders at this point.

>Too add to that, the "crowdfunding" is basically GPD taking preorders at this point.

Pretty much

Attached: 1539459623609.jpg (706x703, 219K)

I hope these come back, desu.

full size ethernet
hot damn

Do people really believe that thickness is directly correlated with portability below a certain point? In most cases where I'd want a device like this, the overall footprint is a much bigger deal than a few millimeters' difference between USB and RJ-45 ethernet ports. The only appeal I find in thinner devices is that I find them somewhat more comfortable to carry under my arm, but not really by much. 5:4/4:3 10-12'' ultraportables at about RJ-45 thickness give or take a few millimeters were perfect for me.

every. fucking. time.
I'm sick of the vaporwave meme.

to be fair, GPD has crowdfunded four devices so far and all of them came out on time

I will say this also, they have consistently delivered what they promised.
Glorious devices.
I just want a quad core, eight thread Atom with a 1030 or maybe an APU style Atom with HBM2 and a Radeon GPU of some kind.
Like, 4 core, 8 thread
HBM2 system RAM
HBM2 for GPU
M.2 PCIe SSD
D pad
Stick
720p IPS
Now as far as keyboard goes I dunno, nothing is comfortable that small except swipin' on a touch screen.
Anyways, ports. All ports. Ethernet, USB, Type c, thunderbolt, 3.5mm input/output combo, HDMI, mDP 1.4, as much I/O as can be uncomfortably stuffed onto one device.

I also want a cybiko. In fact, I'ma make a thread to discuss that fine old piece of wonderful.
Suck my dink, nerds.

Unfortunately, there aren't many options for a higher-power UMPC outside of Ryzen stuff. GPD has encountered issues with Ryzen stuff ranging from supply to presumably heat and power consumption, and yet they've dropped a hint that their next product after the MicroPC might not be Intel-based. I agree that most of the stuff that you've suggested would be cool, but I don't think GPD or anyone else could fit them into something that could still be called a handheld and not have extreme heat and battery life issues.

I might look out for that thread, by the way, it'd be interesting to hear about a device like that where my only exposure has been internet reviews