Jow Forums...

Jow Forums. I want to upgrade my 1600 to a 9700k but the AMDrones on /pcbg/ keep telling me I'm going to regret my decision so much when Zen 2 releases. Is there any truth to this? Is Zen 2 actually set to be the revolutionary 7nm 5ghz processor that the shills claim it's going to be?

Attached: Forbes.png (1280x868, 842K)

Only buy Intel never buy anything amd

Avoid Intel at all costs. Their architecture is compromised.

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

>1600 to a 9700k
Why? You want those 800fps in csgo or what?

*on a 60hz monitor :)

AMD is trash

Do you have an actual, legitimate reason to "upgrade"?

Attached: intel delid.jpg (682x787, 136K)

1600 is just bad at 144hz.

delid dis sir and buy intel ples

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Wait for Zen 2 and buy a 3700x

Wait to CES 2019 and wait to see its worth it to upgrade

The zen 2 leaks were confirmed fake by several industry insiders. If you want to upgrade do it now since Intel will still have the better performance even after zen 2.

Attached: 1537130949867.png (411x428, 229K)

Intels currently lineup is 6 core 6 thread, 8 core 8 thread, and 8 core 16 thread.

None of their desktop i5 or i7 CPUs are quad core anymore.

7nm from foundries will be roughly equivalent to Intel's slightly more advanced 10nm, which went back to the drawing board due to Spectre and Meltdown. So the next generation of chips will simply be the next generation.

As someone who went from a 1600x to a 2700x just get a 2700 and whack it in your existing mobo faggot

I play video games at 1080p 144hz which is why I wanted to go Intel. I've come to realize framerate > resolution. For me anyways.

I only used 60Hz when I bought my 1600.

do it

Attached: 2018-12-10 19_12_32.png (351x246, 25K)

>Falling for the 144hz meme

Or you could not be a moron and turn down some useless settings and whack a 2700x in cheap and get the exact same performance

There's no problem putting a 2700X in a B350? Also, single core performance wise it's a bit behind 9700K which is I think what's needed for high refresh rate in 1080p.

No problem, you will be able to put a Zen 2 cpu too

You don't even have to wait a full month to find out and you lose nothing by waiting.
The real question is, how stupid are you?

Wait for zen2 and you'll be able to game in 1080p 144hz. I have a ryzen 2600 and i get like 120 frames average with the new cod. If you get a ryzen 3600x-3700 changes are they will be that perfect sweet spot for gaming at 144hz.

As long as you don't run a stupid overclock and update the bios it should be golden

>new cod
Should have got a 2700x I sit at 4ghz+ and boost to 4.35 unlike that shit sub 4ghz 2600

Dumb Sataniaimposter.

>I have a ryzen 2600 and i get like 120 frames average with the new cod.
I get around the same, but at 1440p with the 9700k.

Also, 9700k comes with the new CoD for free, so that was nice since i never would have paid $60 for this game.

I was at the absolute max of my budget so i had no choice, and i can always upgrade next year if i sell my 260 for 100 bucks and save some money

I bougth it for $35 used, but i instantly regretted it. I did get better at the game, but i play warface more often.

Poozen is trash, why did you even waste money in it?

Not happening I barely got 550 for a entire 1600x with mobo ram and cooler a couple of months ago mate
Better off just keeping it
Amd CPUs hold their value like shit unlike their gpus
Get a zen 2 3600x when it drops in a month's time

The only Intel CPU worth it right now is the 8700k. Buying literally any other Intel CPU means you're a extra chromosome retard. Most of you can't even tell the difference above 90fps and most Zen+ chips already deliver that. I'd get a 2700x every single time to check all categories or a 2600 for tighter budgets. If you really want 200fps+ CS:GO, then by all means get the 8700k.

>when it drops in a month's time
you're delusional, there have been no announcements at all about consumer zen 2 and you think it's gonna materialize and launch within a month or two?

This plus further meltdown spectre leaks or new ones entirely will most likely surface and shit on performance more
If I was a (gamer) I'd just delid a 8700k and be done with it but I'm not so a 2700x on air D15 is fine.
7nm is here Intel be fucked

uhm some pajeet named adobetv said it so it must be true :)

₹1 has been deposited to your google play account

Zen 1 dropped pretty quick
Nervous intelshitcel

Attached: 1492201544468.png (801x1500, 973K)

Why is it the 8700k? Especially if the price difference between the 9700k and 8700k is less than $30-50.

9700k has 2 more real cores, which come with more L1 and L2 cache. And 2 real cores will generally perform better than 6 hyper threaded threads will.

Not to mention a soldered IHS. and the hardware meltdown fixes.

just wait 2 weeks for ryzen 3000 series announcement and then decide

Even if i get 80 bucks for it, i'll still sell it. Throw in another 150-200 bucks and my zen2 cpu is within reach. Whatever makes the next upgrade cheaper. And i have a 450 board, so a simple firmware update should make me all settled once it's available.

No it didn't.

Aug 18th 2016 AMD had a deep dive on Zen. Dec. 13th 2016, AMD did an announcement of the Ryzen consumer CPUs, Feb 22nd preorders went live, March 2nd 2017 is when it launched.

What have we seen from Zen2 so far?

Attached: 2018-12-15 11_58_28.png (728x1136, 615K)

epyc 7nm chips

I switch from r5 1600 to 8700k for this exact purpose. Do it user, it's worth it.

The Zen2 leak is real. It was an AMD marketing executive who leaked it to AdoredTV, knowing it would go viral. The purpose was two-fold. First, they could gauge enthusiast reaction, so they could get some indicators on which particular skus would be the most popular so that they can fine-tune their binning targets and product pipelines. The second was to see if they could spook Intel into revealing anything about their strategy for 2019. Intel made the big mistake and fell hard for it, they gave AMD everything they needed with Sunny Cove which won't be launching until Q3 2019 at the earliest, which will give AMD a 3-4 month lead for Zen 2 mainstream launch. Basically, Zen 2 is going to roughly match Sunny Cove in IPC and clock frequency, and destroy it in increased cores, power consumption, price points. Intel's strategy at launch will be to try to emphasize AVX512 workloads and cherry pick some games with benchmarks, but this will end up looking like a joke since AMD plans on a launch of Zen 2 Threadripper HEDT parts within days of Sunny Cove.

The intel event was already happening long before the "leak" happened.

Don't listen to this moron op and others a 2700x is 2x better for gaming and the 3xxx series next year will piss all over Intel's 14nm garbage and 10nm as well

Jesus Christ you ayymdrones are f*cking delusional.

>Is there any truth to this?
its VERY strongly implied that consumer Ryzen 3xxx series will be shown or at least teast to us at CES 2019, AMD has a slot 9am Saturday 8th. so at least wait for that. Intels offerings won't be cheaper by the time, if you feel the itch just pull the trigger but don't unwrap and decide if you keep it after the livestream.

3700X is going to be excellent. my socket is ready.

>The Zen2 leak is real.
i still have doubts but..

Attached: 1499828849919.jpg (564x423, 26K)

You could be getting 144 or close to it with fast ram and tighter timings

Zen 2 is shaping up to be somewhat of a number, it might not match the i9 9900k in gaming but it will get stupid close, you should expect it to be within 1-5 fps.
Personally id just wait just in case zen 2 actually beats it, you get the added benefit of something that doesn't run 80+ degrees which generally makes fans quieter. Compared to the i7 9700k, theres a 90% chance it will beat it, 10-15% ipc + 10% clockspeed bump is no joke.
Less than a month till ces, either it's not that great and you barely lose a couple of weeks or its the second coming of sandy bridge and you are left with buyers remorse

somewhat of a monster*

>No it didn't.
2 rupees have been deposited on your toilet coupon account.

Attached: prices.png (2564x1390, 779K)

lmao, being ass blasted by facts?

All I did was post real dates of actual AMD events and releases.

Those are facts, they happened. If you call that a "fast" launch, sure i guess, but if you think Zen2 will do it 3x as fast, that's just dumb.

> If you call that a "fast" launch
>fast launch
please....

Attached: intel roadmap.jpg (1688x795, 230K)

I have a 4790k, I'm waiting out one more generation. then I'm upgrading everythang.

Attached: 1536715306307.jpg (1688x795, 314K)

>upgrading you pc more than once every 10 years

Attached: Untitled.png (748x544, 26K)

No they were not, extremetech and HU saying "I don't believe it despite all of TSMC's and AMD's own publicly acknowledged estimates" is not proof. They have no sources and they lack the know-how of architecture to make those estimates. All they can do is report what's already been reported or making some benchmarking videos.

kek

Attached: 1544862319106.png (168x186, 9K)

is it moist?

I can play 144hz just fine with my 1700.
Me thinks this is user error.

>I do nothing on my computer
Ok then.

or game choice

nothing productive for sure

You sound like the retards saying you can't prove there is no god therefore god exists.

At 1080p? Because I'm talking about 1080p.

Not an argument, and an extremely immature outburst on your part. We do know that TSMC has publicly stated that there can be huge efficiency gains or approximately 25% gains in frequency. AMD is going from GF 12/14nm LPP to TSMC's 7nm HP process. Along with the IPC gains from an improved Zen2 architecture the increase in frequency will lead to a much improved chip. The leaks from AdoredTV are well within reasonable estimates here. Let's not forget Kyle Bennett has publicly backed up AdoredTV from what he knows from his own sources.

Attached: 000.png (540x641, 266K)

I'm sorry user but you clearly didn't get the memo from HQ - Jim, Kyle and Charlie are't valid sources anymore. Please update your records to avoid this mishap in the future.

maybe, maybe not. it would be however dumb to buy now if you aren't in dire need of a new cpu until at least seeing how zen2 turns out.

>sidegrade: the """upgrade"""

Any leaks about newer apus?
So far I love mine, I so t really game that much, and I don't care about graphics(well, medium is enough)
So far, with mediabcreation, porgramming(games with unity), etc, it's awesome...

So, I'll probably get the new gen ApU any news?

obviously to be taking with a certain amount of salt

Attached: AdoredTV.png (1306x839, 800K)

Do you feel like you need more than 8 cores? (games are programmed to use 4 cores and will probably jump to 6) the 9700k and the 3700x have similar clock speeds from the leak and the major difference is the core count and hyperthreading

I can actually smell the shill butthurt in this post

Yes, 2560x1080p 144hz.
I have 3000mhz ram with tight timings a stable 3.9Ghz overclock and a Vega 64 with a serious overclock. All of this with Freesync, it is true that it doesn't have 144 fps at all times, but the variance is low enough to never go below 100 and when it goes above 144 Enhanced sync takes care of it.

I am not exaggerating, this PC build is the smoothest feeling in games I've ever owned, and I've had both Intel and Nvidia in the past.
Long story short, while having lower averages the consistency of the frames is excellent, giving a superbly feeling, stable and smooth experience.

If the Zen 2 leaks are real, it's fucking over for Intel. Ganbatte Miss Su, deliver.

you cant smell anything from here, this is an imageboard

I can smell the desperation you reek of, it smells like sweat, Mt. Dew, and Funyuns
C O P E H A R D E R
O
P
E

sure, I'll cope fine, you still haven't presented any proof for your claims.

>SOURCE YOUR SHITPOSTING M8
w-what?

thanks (((schlomo)))

AMD will release 12-core and 16 core parts in the 330$ and 500$ range that will match intel in single thread speed and be faster in multithread speed due to Zen having a true SMT design and intel having an inferior .5 SMT design called hyperthreading.

Essentially yes if you buy a 9700K right now you will have majorly fucked up.

Then buy an i5 "K" series part and overclock it and shut the fuck up

Also the framerate will be smoother.

Partly due to better SMT but mainly due to more cores allowing you to offload background tasks and the OS to their own cores and leaving the dedicated gaming cores to run without interruptions. As a result the 1% and 0.1% minimums will be much higher and you will see less hitching and microstuttering vs intel chips with fewer cores.

Also if you are doing productivity OR any kind of Videro production or Game streaming then you would be out of your fucking mind to choose intel over AMD. For video production and streaming you want all the cores you can get your hands on and 12-16 cores for that cheap with per core performance at almost parity with intel?

If you want to stream your gameplay on steam, youtube or twitch you should only be looking at the Ryzen 3000 series and nothing else.

Reactionary "innovation" at its finest.
Stop kvetching and just buy intlel

Not him but you sound like a 12 yo fortnite kid.
If your build is fine why upgrade for some fps more or 20 sec better render.
They are way better things, which you can spent your money on.

I own a 7700k and I feel like shit when I heard about threadripper.

Wait for Zen2.

Attached: 1542032228029.jpg (626x657, 81K)

Wait. You want those core, IPC, and PCI threads. Unless you want constant spectre vulnerabilities get the 9700k.

The Spectre and Meltdown class of side channel vulnerabilities are not relevant for general users.

Yes they are when hyperthreading is borked to shit.

Intel seriously fuck up. My company is frantically disabling hyperthreading and double checking user input sanitation for possible intrusion attempts.

It is serious when you sell processors with shortcuts taken, flaws left critical, and unknown access sidechannels.

AMD is offering a new architecture with a large io pipeline and improving IPC and speed binning. Why would you get a i7 or 9 processor over a 2700x or a threadripper 2950x? Damn that why get any Intel CPU when Zen2 is releasing next month with around 20% improved performance and increased core count.

If I want to play VR chat on oculus rift with three sensors AND stream should I get the 8 core or 12 core? I have the 2600 right now.

wouldn't buy shit from either of them right now

they'll both start shilling new shit at CES in a few weeks

IPC exists retard

delid dis

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

You will regret it. Zen 2 will crush the 9700k.

> Jow Forums. I want to upgrade my 1600 to a 9700k

But why? Do you need a CPU that doubles as space heater because it's winter right now?

At the very least, wait until the CES on 8th/9th January to see what the keynote about Zen2 says. That's three more weeks to prevent bitter regret.

Attached: 1544280681565.jpg (570x558, 260K)