Is it bad to solder with silver solder indoors? It doesn't contain lead

Is it bad to solder with silver solder indoors? It doesn't contain lead.

Attached: salt_lick_horse.jpg (200x217, 11K)

it's probably not as bad but I still wouldn't inhale it intentionally. just work next to an open window.

It's alright.

I don't have access to a window unfortunately.

We've been soldering with lead solder indoors for decades you pansy. Just don't wrap your mouth around the joint and suck and you'll be fine.

depends, what flux?
>It doesn't contain lead.
What does that have to do with indoor usability? Are you retarded and think the lead evaporates or something?

this. unless you do it all day every day and take extra deep SNIFFs from the fumes absolutely nothing is going to happen to you.

You don't have to evaporate something to inhale it, dipshit. Must smoke you can actually see is not material in a gaseous state, it's small solid particles suspended in hot air.

Lead with a density of 11.34 g/cm3 can be suspend any meaningfully distance in air wit a density of 0.001225 g/cm3

Attached: a0QjVgB_460s.jpg (460x687, 31K)

how did a round particle suspended in air manage to type this post?

How can a 5.972 × 10^24kg planet be suspended in air. Rounder BTFO

>Is it bad to solder with silver solder indoors?
Yes, it's awful.

t. - vampire

>doesn't contain lead
What's even the point? The joint is just gonna come loose in a few months anyway

It's not. The earth is in an constant state of free fall towards the bottom of the universe, retard. Luckily the universe is round so we'll never hit it.

The problem even with lead solder is the flux releasing nasty vapors, non-lead solder generally have more aggressive flux...

This. I don't understand these fucking zoomers. I've been using lead solder for years and I even used to bite, chew the solder wire because they are so soft. I know someone who soldered for years and years. Nothing had yet happened.

It does contain both copper and silver as well as flux all of which aren't healthy to breathe in either. Use an fume extractor if you're working indoors or at least use a fan and direct the smoke away from you

This.I've been soldering in a badly ventilated workshop for 15 years and nothing's wrong with me.

>yesterday
>buy Raijintek Metis + to build a sff pc for my mom
>fucking case headers are too short to reach mobo
>cut and solder extensions in my room because im too lazy to go to my outdoor workbench

T...this is it lads. Please press F....I already feel lightheaded....

Attached: fe0.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>room with no windows
do you work in a cuckshed?

I live In a shed yes

The lead doesn't vaporize, so it's not that bad. The flux on the other hand...

You wont die from a little bit of solder smoke but its not good to inhale because it contains noxious fumes which can cause respiratory problems if you regularly inhale them.

Solder fumes don't contain the metal, they contain the flux.

>Hurr I've been doing it for years and nothing has happened.
The effects are cumulative and slowly lead to respiratory issues and potentially cancer decades later.

The lead isn't a problem if you wash your hands. It doesn't evaporate at those temps. The issue is the burning flux and it's required for soldering

Lead won't evaporate at soldering temperatures.
The fumes are other shit, that are still present in silver solder.

The real danger is flux if you are using it
That will produce more dangerous fumes

Leaded solder smells amazing.

The flux is the stuff that vaporizes and is bad to breath in dude-o

Smells like clove

I think what you're talking about is the rosin flux, it's a kind of resin that comes from pine trees.

I hate using unleaded over the smell alone. Also knew a guy who worked at los alamos and spent so much time soldering they made him carry a sniffer to make sure he wasn't going to get lead poisoning. It never registered anything.

Nah just leaded solder fumes alone smell good to me. Unleaded, ultra brights and whatnot stink to me.

I think the proper answer to OP's question is: yes. Unleaded solder is gayer to work with and requires higher temperature so you're at a higher risk of damaging some fragile component if you're not careful. Don't solder indoors with it, nor outdoors.

Uhh it's safe with lead solder
The only thing burning is the flux, lead won't boil or sublimate at the temp your soldering iron or heat gun gets to.

I love the smell of flux. Not in the sense that I want to huff it, but in the sense that it just feels wholesome somehow.

cut a hole in your fucking shed then

Attached: goncern.png (253x199, 9K)

>6666
The black goat

even lead solder is perfectly safe if you're using a soldering iron. if you're reflowing large boards with a ton of paste then yeah you'll want ventilation. otherwise you're perfectly fine. if you're a zoomer, and yes I know this can be hard, just don't try to vape it