Why don't NPCs seed?

Why don't NPCs seed?

Attached: torrent.png (224x116, 10K)

only NPCs seed

Torrent Seed/Leech ratio bad bad

Torrent Seed/Leech ratio good good

Attached: 1540665827123.png (360x270, 27K)

/thread

They think that seeding is what causes you to get caught.
To be fair, they also torrent garbage hollywood movies and mainstream music which ISPs are actually watching for.
You can seed anime all you want.

I tried to seed once but nothing ever uploaded
didn't care that much to figure out why

because it isn't default, and they don't know what it is. Most people close down a client as soon as they have download what they want and delete it from the list after it is downloaded if they ever use the client again.

What does cause me to get caught then?

>Honor among thieves

I don't think so

it's probably because you're a racist

Because they don't run or even own servers, so their uptime is limited. They just close their client and forget about it.

I don't see how it's related

piracy isn't theft

This, but unironically

>that 30 year old boomer unironically using torrents in 2018

Attached: 57b.png (577x387, 62K)

Unauthorised copying is not theft persay but it is still illegal to do.
It’s still the acquisition of something without the correct exchange of money or services as required by law.

>Unauthorised copying is not theft persay but it is still illegal to do.
not where I live

>2019
>torrenting

>They think that seeding is what causes you to get caught.
it does

Wat. Why would you *not* seed and help make the waifu cartoon distribution work?

>everyone seeding 100%
and how the fuck do you expect that

Country?

kys streaming botnet NPCs

if you're using a public tracker there is zero incentive to seed

What's your alternative?

There also is no incentive not to seed. I never got any problem with anime trackers or panda or anything else public.

>streaming
sweet summer child, torrents aren't the only way to acquire content

>public trackers
DESERVED
LITERALLY ASKING FOR IT

Attached: 1542818925548.jpg (640x732, 40K)

Spain

>private trackers
want to get into one?
too bad, I'm not gonna let you

Still not theft, I'll admit is illegal but theft, never.

Is it really worth to get on private trackers though? I've never had a problem with finding whatever I wanted on TPB

(((they))) won't let you in anyway

I only seed stuff that I want people to get

Is this good enough? Only japanese cartoons though...

Attached: 5486431268431.png (598x610, 54K)

Who the fuck still torrents in 2018?

If you have to ask then not really, you can find the stuff you need on public ones

After I got my first (rather large) stack of papers telling me to visit a link and pay them a fine (which obviously you don't do, because your ISP won't give you up unless they're shitty and they don't have your name), I pay for a proxy. I can seed as much as I want, so I usually seed like twice what I download or so.

Cuz why not

Deshō?

Attached: 1539858068595.png (1000x1000, 219K)

When I get gigabit internet I will seed all the conspiracy theory documentaries

People living in free countries.

Far better than usenet, mega, IRC, DC++ or whatever meme shit you're going to mention in response to this, though.

>Under the Spanish law, the private copy exception is enabled only for natural persons and their private use of those private copies. Therefore this exception may not be relied upon by any other type of entity or legal person, even if they intend no direct or indirect commercial use.
>The additional conditions to be met are the following:
>Where the copyright protected work is contained in a physical medium, that medium must have been acquired through a commercial purchase; or
>Where it has been accessed through a legitimate act of communication, the reproduction must not have been obtained by unauthorised fixation of the work in a public space.
>The private copy exception regime expressly excludes some types of works from the material scope of the exception:
>works that are made available to the public by wired or wireless systems and accessible by the user at anytime from anywhere;
>works made available through electronic databases; or
works made available to the public through software

Torrenting copyrighted works is not exempt. You would have to go to a store and buy something physical to copy.
It’s still illegal in Spain.
I suggest you research your own country’s law before posting again.

I'm not sure if I've ever download a torrent because all these separate types of downloads are built in usually, even have a phone app that says it does torrents. Basically is right.
I don't understand the point in looking for and installing another program just so people can download what they can already download.

What are you doing on Jow Forums?
This board is for people who aren't complete tech retards.

DDL and IRC are better.

Because I owe first world NOTHING!

>if you're using a public tracker there is zero incentive to seed

Which is a GOOD thing.
If you think forced sharing is superior to voluntary sharing you must be an NPC.

Less content, less organization, lower speeds. Nah, I'll stick to torrents.

you must be new here

Entertainment and learn some stuff. Like the thread where you find out how much data google has. Interestingly I have much less of a google footprint than most, definitely not all.

Attached: Cat Christmas GIF - Find _ Share on GIPHY.gif (500x273, 496K)

dae le NPCs? XDDDDDD

>seeding

I don't care about other people. Only myself matters in this life afterall. I would seed if there was something in it for me, but there isn't. I'm only wasting my own bandwidth and risking being caught for piracy for no gain whatsoever. That's why I don't seed.

the OP asked why npcs don't seed, who probably don't want to leave their pc on to keep seeding and can be retardedly paranoid about getting caught. if they're just downloading a one-off virus filled copy of some game from TPB there isn't any incentive for them to keep seeding it either plus I doubt they give a shit about torrenting past using it as a way to download pirated crap.

sometimes I wonder how many of these idiots even know what seeding vs leeching is and that you can only download when someone else is seeding

The days of free ipv6 usenet are far gone.

>I would seed if there was something in it for me, but there isn't.
I seed for redundancy. If my hard drive shits itself I'll just download stuff using magnet links I've saved.

>try seeding
>50kb/s up speed would mean DAYS to 100% basically anything
>when I DO decide to seed there's no one leeching
>can't keep anything big on HD for long because it's a fucking 80Gb HD from 2006
That's why I don't seed. Sorry senpais, maybe one day.

wouldn't seeding wreck your ssd?

Only writing would.

wat

If you only have 50kb/s up you shouldn't be using torrents anyways.
Torrenting only works well when you can upload about as fast as you want to download.

usenet is still superior, and if you're going to say "LELELELEL PAY2PIRATE ECKS DEE" it just proves your mom won't let you use her credit card to get a $10/mo subscription.

It is probably "illegal" everywhere, what he means is that it isn't penalized, so in practice it might as well be legal.

I can pay pennies on the dollar for the electricity to keep a little server seeding after I've grabbed files or I can pay normiecore netflixbux to pirate.
What a joke.

because no respectable woman wants their seed.

I don't know, I get max down speed normally. Usually the stuff I want is harder to find outside of torrents so I don't have a choice anyway.

That is a perfectly valid line of thought.

But before normies discovered bittorrents pirates felt part of a kind of community.
Most people seeded at least enough to ensure the torrent wouldn't die, as this felt nice to do.
Piracy was fun before it went mainstream, now it's just selfish bitches crying when not enough people give them free stuff while they have zero intention to ever give back.

Decades hence, when we achieve botnet-singularity and the NSA AI is parsing out all the data you've sent to determine your Social Credit Score (tm), xe will find that log on NIBL where you sent "/msg waifusenpaibot XDCC boku_no_pico" and xe will have you V&.
unless I get caught mid-torrent, I'm in the clear with torrents.

>Got demonoid account
>be gud boy
>always seeding because muh obscure shit no one DLs
>demonoid shut down by the end of that month
why

You'll only get good speed when there are far more "seeders" than "leeches", in which case it doesn't matter much if you seeded or not.

"leeches" always give preference to peer "leeches" who return the favor.
With a poor upload speed you're always pushed to the end of the line.

>which ISPs are actually watching for.
ISPs don't give a shit idiot, they only forward notices
they have no role in monitoring torrents

fpbp
if you ever ever seeded anything you are a cuck

I setted ratio limit per torrent at 1.
I give back only what I get, nothing more, nothing less.

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

I also think this. Untill a few years back downloading was legal but uploading wasn't so that may be a thing as well

Dont bother with the brainlets user
Their "alternative" is paying for streaming services or stream from the internet at 360p
Torrenting is better than ever

Attached: 24569854569.jpg (300x301, 16K)

>muh hippity hoppity
>muh nap
>piracy isn't theft
why are literally all ancaps like this lads?

Attached: 124123123124123.jpg (550x386, 31K)

also
>paying to pirate with usenet
just

Because piracy isn't theft, it makes a copy of the original. But I respect copyright too much to pirate anything or post any media to websites like this one without the express consent of the copyright holder.

>eat into profits by a significant margin
>it's not theft i'm just copying :^)
ancaps are just fucking retarded lad
maybe you don't pirate but i damn well know that 99/100 of the ancaps on this site are pirates

:^)

Attached: file.png (308x334, 23K)

Way more content available from torrents than usenet, I don't care about the cost.

Intellectual property legislation is literally communism.

We simply dont recognize intellectual property.
You can keep your technology a secret but if I learn it you cant stop me from using MY knowledge.

>tfw living in a country where seeding is illegal
I'm sorry, sincerely, peer to peer

you niggers would be the first to say that copyright infringement is communism if you had something invented and wanted to actually make a profit out of it
but you're leeches and you don't so you say this dumb shit

I'm a photographer, my images are being used without monetary exchange but I don't mind, why? because I make loads of money otherwise. Enough to not be so dependant and spread this e-copyright bullshit.

Anime is an exception. Most other obscure torrents die after weeks

>You gave me all this shit for free
>btw you're a cuck lol, fuck you for helping others like me

Attached: 1512985194602.jpg (635x542, 15K)

This. They get overemotional about nonseeders, just as NPCs would. Overemotional about everything.

Suppressing emotions is what NPCs do. Literal robots

Attached: NPC.gif (478x318, 121K)

>persay

>not seeding to your niggas
This is why you have no friends.

This. There's stuff you can only get from Usenet, but it's not worth a subscription for such niche/obscure stuff. If you have to, just grab any one of the free trials out there, do it, and forget it.

yep
seeding is to strangers, don't do it
dcc is to friends, do it

It is, the way you get caught is a plant among your P2P peers that you seed something to or download it from, then they log your IP along with a thousand others from that torrent and send a toothless complaint to your ISP threatening legal action. All they have is your IP to start, your ISP are the ones that know your name.

And because ISPs are faggots, they roll over and beg for their well-used arseholes to be TP'd. Therein lies the problem.

Robots, or NPCs for that matter, don't have feelings or emotion. Therefore, there's nothing to suppress.

when does this cringe forced NPC meme die

in b4 >hurdurr t. npc