Other than baseless botnet claims, what's wrong with Chrome?

It's much snappier than mozilla or IceCat and loads pages way faster.

Attached: Untitled.png (1101x577, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myaccount.google.com/u/1/privacy
tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This board doesn't even know what a botnet is. They call their moms botnets.

People just don't like data collection and believe changing to a browser that isn't Google is going to solve everything.

You can opt out of all data collecting features, I think.

hey great response loved it

jus tpoint me to chrome source and ill review it for ya--no need to thank me--that way ill know for my own self that its harmless (and you can stay ignorant if you choose)

just do that for me pal ok?

Whoever calls it a botnet is required to dumb some wireshark data pronto.

My mom tells stuff about me on Facebook without my knowledge or permission. She IS botnet.

for the life of me and i have scoured high and low i cant find the source for chrome, chrome os, windows, mac os, safari, snapchat, instagram, facebook, and so on...

Up until recently I would've said nothing, but with the design changes and removal of the ability to click on the tab sound indicator to mute a tab I think Opera is now better

great response i loved it

however i didnt use the word botnet you did

furthermore i am awating a link to the source code--do you have the source code?

I'm not the one calling it a botnet.
>do you have the source code
I've never looked it up to be quite honest nor will I ever. Do you have the wireshark data to support any suspicions you may have?

>however i didnt use the word botnet you did
Actually OP did.

If your go-to on why it's bad is "m-MUH SAUCE" then it must be a pretty damn good browser

You don't need the source code to something to determine if it's a botnet. Monitor and control your network traffic. This is basic SEC+/NET+ work.

i didnt say its bad lol u did

"its bad" -- an excerpt from your post, taken out of context i know. bu tliterally you are the first person to use the word bad. what does that say to you?

same for botnet, OP

"show me the source and i will review it" -- a paraphrasing of my post, in context, by the person who posted it

thanks for playing everyone

>implying Jow Forums autists larping as experts know even the basics

>taken out of context
Oops, that's strawman. You lose, I win.
>does not post wireshark data
Seems you don't find Chrome suspicious at all. Thanks, neither do I.

I mean I get this place is full of memes and rhetoric. But I feel like some people here are so autistic that they attempt to embody all of the memes and shitposting. It was funny when I was younger but now it's just obnoxious that threads I was reading and waiting for new content get 404'd for this shit.

this will be my last post on the subject of free software. its been a hell of a ride Jow Forums.

i just find it funny that when you ask for source code you get literally 0 referrals to actual source code, even when you ask politely. rly makes u thik.

Are you an idiot?

Not really
I mean you can go do your research yourself, nobody here cares about source code. Even gentoofags are too busy playing with flags to have time to read anything.

O shid u got me epic style did Ben Shapiro teach you how to debate like a pro? Jow Forumstechnicallythetruth amirite! Well guess what friendo, my post can actually be read as a hypothetical and NOT an attempt to paraphrase you so uhh Jow Forumsmurderedbywords :D

this whole thrad is strawman. the first post is literally titled "other than baseless botnet claims". what baseless botnet claims? that is literally the first post. how can we start a discussion when the first post of the discussion starts with an assumption that the other side is wrong for showing up?

>what is fingerprinting

you don't have to have an actual backdoor if you can just fingerprint everyone as easy as with Chrome based browsers.

By using any of those browsers or a browser based on chrome you share your browsing history with Google no matter how stripped off the browser is off Google shit. and faking the fingerprint is not possible one a realistic way under chrome anyway

youre right im wasting away here talking about the finer points of argument with people who admittedly post under richard stallman, and dont care about source code? what a world!

i dont know who ben shapiro is
i dont visit that subreddit
i dont know what post is yours we are all anonymous
i dont visit that subreddit either
8D

>reddit spacing
>nervous repetitive shit answers trying to sound smart
>being assblasted because someone pointed out the obvious
>not walking away from the thread
you have some issues son

dont forget the chromium debacle where Google sneaked in A binary blob. just because,something is open source it isn't safe.

why would i walk away when im right

you are naive. The program can be configured to send all data only once a month through UDP. Good luck catching that moment.
Nonetheless, when you open your settings and like 5 connections to their servers pop up then something is really fishy. Fuck off you retard if you thought about defending chrome.

You can disable and manage anything you want related to data collection. Google isn't like Microsoft.

myaccount.google.com/u/1/privacy

>but how do I know if these options actually do anything when I can't see the source

Monitor your network traffic.

>has no idea how network monitoring works
>defending chrome

I'm just being rational. I'm not defending anything besides the facts. I don't delve into your botnet memes and online personalities of being a RMS cocksucker without knowing all the shitty things they've done over the past 3 decades because you weren't born until the 21st century.

google's whole deal is data collection. idk why everyone in this thread seems to think they're not botnet. mozilla isn't much better at this point, desu. i don't want my data collected by anyone, but there's not any real good browsers that aren't botnet. the closest you can get is ungoogled chromium; which just attempts to remove most of the google spyware.

i mean; you're free to use your shitty botnet browser; I'm not gonna spoonfeed yout to stop you.

you absolutely cannot. ungoogled chromium gets pretty close; though

>t. newfag who doesn't get the usage of botnet on Jow Forums

Data collection is not a botnet you rancid swine.

Google is an advertising company. They use data and foot printing to better serve advertisements, which you can completely opt out of and receive random ads. They also use data to improve algorithms in their search engine and many other business ventures. Utilizing user data is how we've improved drastically over the past 20 years. Without data to interact with, algorithms and technology wouldn't be where they are today.

This has nothing to do with a botnet. Please buy a textbook on basic how to computers since you dropped out of high school.

>what baseless botnet claims? that is literally the first post. how can we start a discussion when the first post of the discussion starts with an assumption that the other side is wrong for showing up?
Don't act dumb, every thread with google products in it has 'botnet' flying around. Look around or go to the archives.
That's not the definition of botnet. Data gathering is absolutely harmless.
I'm not asking you to spoonfeed me, just to point out in what way Chrome is a botnet, i.e. malware that can control your PC.

do you even listen?

are you aware how internet fingerprinting works?
you don't have to be logged in chrome doesn't need to do anything. as Doon as you open a website just by the fact that you opened the website Google will know you opened it since nearly every webpage on the planet links Google analytics and or fonts.e it is irrelevant what settings you set or not if you use chrome or any dependent browser you share your web history with Google regardless how many 20 proxies you are behind.

people Here really have no clue about how modern tracking works do they. and since you are accepting the websites privacy policy by visiting the site the Google code gets loaded and since ou are on chrome again all your browsing is send to Google.

seeing how you Talk and try to defend chrome you should really either start learning about how actually data broking works or just keep quiet.

>baseless
That's like claiming the earth is flat.

I don't even know what Jow Forums's "botnet" means anymore. Other than "they're big and I don't like them."

Owned

Attached: Untitled.png (810x193, 17K)

idrc i use chromium because it's comfy

On Jow Forums, botnet equals to spyware.

So the you actually seem to defend the botnet.

what about the time that Google sneaked in A binary blob into chrome and tried to hide it as hard as possible? Every none Google researcher called it abusive and obvious malware attempt. People were instructed to format machines if they had chrome or chromium running during that time

you should really get down your high horse and assume a neutral point of view Google's sole point is to make money which means they have to be a botnet.I am fine with that that'd how modern Internet works with all the tracking but stop spreading just lies about a topic you clearly have no clue.

Same botnet.
>inb4 open source
Still botnet.

If you love Chrome so much then use it but don't expect most on Jow Forums to comply and use it too. Most of us care about privacy functions otherwise not offered on Chrome and Google using your private data for collection analytics for the purpose of selling it to ad companies, and the government (foreign and domestic).
Simply put, chrome is not autism friendly for your average fag/g/ot who uses gnu/linux, bsd, temple os, etc etc..

look at all the newfags
for those of you who are new here; botnet doesn't mean an actual botnet. it means stuff that tracks you, or spys on you.

Oh I see

All web browsers are shit.

>implying Domains didn't start First partying all the shit since at least 2006

to remind you any website you ever visit can always technically see any other website you ever visited. Say thanks to zombie cookies. Firefox avoids both of those problems successfully

I dont Know whether you are retarded, or just a troll.

Attached: checked.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

botnet here means data collection; newfag. and if you can't figure out that chrome does that go enjoy your botnet; but leave us out of it.

>op replying to everyone
>except the one guy pointing out that chrome literally sneaked a binary blob into the browser and executed it

yea this thread is bad bait. Whoever uses chrome chromium qutebrowser safari vivaldi or brave ubironicslly is just an idiot or a troll

They got caught and never did it again so it's smooth sailing.

Firefox looks nicer (especially now).
Firefox is more convenient: separate search box, autocompleteion of urls from history in url box, easily clear website cookies and save media from "page info" window.
Firefox uses much less memory and respond faster in scenario of hundreds of tabs.

Visiting a web page with Google analytics does not share your web history with Google.

When not signed in to a Google account, GA creates a UUID of your IP, browser and device. If location is enabled, it also saves that so it can deliver ads to advertisers around your local area. Any browsing activity on GA enabled websites can connect these results to the same UUID. Collecting all of these sites together they can determine what ads best suit your UUID. GA does not go into your browsing history, your pictures, your file system, etc.

If you don't want Google Analytics doing this, then you can block it with or without a Google account.

tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout

Stop using your ISP then.

Then you're using the word wrong and probably don't even know what real botnets are. Here's a hint: they're a bunch of bots in a network. The implication is that they're turning your computer into one of the bots in their network.

It lacks certain features that would be poorly implemented as extensions i.e. stacked tabs, tab tiling and full page screenshots, so I use Vivaldi instead
admittedly it's pretty much a riced chromium but it's what I prefer

we all fucking know what the term literally means; you just don't understand board culture. lurk two years before posting or go back to plebbit.

Embodiment of autism. Trying to bring "board culture" into serious conversations is for Reddit I thought.

because its literally in the source of google chrome

t. my aunt works at google and she told me the shit they do there is ridiculous

I understand the board culture. It's a bunch of consumerist whore contrarian posers using things they don't understand and saying words that don't mean anything. Clearly you don't understand the board counter-culture. It's the same counter-culture that us tech types have been using on you poser since the usenet days. Clearly you're just too much of a limpdick to get it.

So you admit you habe no clue about fingerprinting and zombie cookies. Then I see why you make the baseless assumptions that chrome isn't a botnet. go read yourself into the topic of web privAcy then come back.

yes; it is the embodiment of autism. you're on Jow Forums, faggot.
>it's so consumerist to not like people stealing your data

Reminder that thanks to Snowden, we know that Google is part of the NSA mass surveillance program PRISM.

Traffic is tunneled and using my own dns. Dont be a brainlet, newfag.

>American data broking internet company sponsored by NSA
>yes I believe them they so trustworthy after breaking every sing point of trust multiple times
>what is fingerpinting

you are the epidemy of the new generation which is beyond retardation

Also are you honestly suggesting that no one here believes that Chrome is an actual botnet (or rather a tool for their botnet)? Because you're definitely wrong on that count. And, honestly, I'm not sure that it isn't.

Chrome is made by an advertising company. Google does pervasive tracking all around the web, so you make them billions while you get nothing. Using chrome is the equivalent to working for free, and if that isn’t an issue to you then carry on. But the rest of us will stick to FOSS software.

Why is OP always a faggot?

This is Jow Forums. Lurk moar newfag, or fuck off.

Are you sure that Firefox binary you downloaded has been compiled from source that's available?

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html

Chromium exists

Attached: download.jpg (1246x1246, 211K)

So you basically have no clue about fingerprinting. I knew OP is a faggot.

It's the same thing you idiot.

Nothing was wrong until I updated it today and got the new design, which can't even be changed to the old one anymore. Now my address bar is pure white with everything around grey. Nice piece of shit they got there. I wish Firefox ran fine on my laptop, but it's a slow piece of garbage, so I'm stuck with Chrome.

I can't drag and drop tabs into the bookmark menu or ribbon.

>not using ungoogled chromium

Attached: 1544760140593.jpg (719x701, 60K)

>baseless

Attached: 1534323781650.jpg (900x900, 114K)

this board is retarded

if devs could just pool their resources into auditing chromium and contributing to unjewgled-chromium, we'd all have a "botnet-free" browser by now and all your bitching would go away.

Zombie cookies are created by Adobe Flash. This is a non issue on Linux. I have no flash running on my system. Browser fingerprinting exists on all web browsers running JavaScript and/or Flash because fingerprinting is an exploit of those services. JavaScript is used to detect plugins, fonts, use of supercookies, etc. You can also run various spoofing plugins to block canvas fingerprints.

If you don't want to lose the functionality of websites by fighting finger printing, then use a VPN, proxy chain, or a P2P network.

Fingerprinting is nothing specific to Chrome or Google itself and affects all internet users regardless of what browser you use.

it's not mong

Install GNU IceCat; the botnet-free Firefox.

Fucking hell I can smell your artisan beard oil through your post!
Here's a tip: try not to sound like a smug hipster when stating that you oppose something.

>ITT: Google shills and newfags

wrong. look up modern zombie cookies your information is outdated. only need JavaScript for them. only firefox can Protest against thr

It is you fucking retard. Only because it is """open source""" doesn't meant it's free from spyware. Install ungooglee chromium if you must use chromium, better

>loads pages way faster.
ofcourse, it spawns a new process for every mouse click

Only newfags call newfags newfag, newfag.

I hope you are baiting...
First Firefox circumvents tracking since it (believably) can disguise itself as Tor. Chrome cannot. Also zombie cookies have nothing to do with flash we aren't in 2006.

And anything that you actually fake or block on data is another entropy vector which again makes you more unique. this is the sole reason why Tor browser exists instead of add-ons.

ah yes; because all the longtime people here just LOVE google

Runs slow as shit compared to chrome and is based on some outdated version.
How the hell do I even build this shit from source?

Ungoogled chromium doesn't even support any chrome addons, what a waste

It does you imbecile

this.
Firecucks literally put up with shit performance and use ding pice of shit because "muh botnet"

t. Retard

But that's wrong you braindead bastard, it doesn't let you install anything.

Attached: Untitled.png (963x767, 76K)

honestly im fine giving up my privacy if it loads pages faster