How often does Jow Forums visit museums, theaters and cultural events in general?

How often does Jow Forums visit museums, theaters and cultural events in general?

Attached: 645890.jpg (564x564, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=boBObIIZ9Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=BMgDzXJoEWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just went to a part of Finland's national gallery, The Ateneum last weekend. Made me want to go to art museums more.

Attached: photo_2018-11-13_21-54-35.jpg (1280x960, 151K)

when i was on vacation about a week ago, we visited two museums in austria

Haven't been to that sort of thing for over a year. Last time was at the National Wool Museum in Geelong

Not as much as I want to. It's been about a year since I went to a museum.

Never been there unfortunately. But I had just one day in Helsinki, so I guess I didn't have much options anyway. Hope you enjoyed it.
Which ones? Did you like the trip?

one was a military history museum, the other was one of Mozarts apartments
the trip was much more than that, but it had its pros and cons

there's only one over here and it's shit

It was pretty good! Had to kind of rush it because of the 1h parking limit, but I got to see the Not Vital display, which was neat.

Attached: photo_2018-11-13_22-21-29.jpg (1280x960, 82K)

I went to one sunday desu
Small museum about the local city's medieval past

Nice, was it by any chance in Salzburg?
Well, at least you guys have a chance to travel all around the UK. There's so much to see there.
Somehow, this looks really Finnish. I like it!

I go to concerts about once every 15 days
I visit museums approximately five times a year
I go to movies about once every 2 months (not counting movie festivals)
I go to theater occasionnaly

wbu?

Attached: 1522838902251.jpg (500x500, 15K)

That's quite a lot of cultural events, I must say. For me its far less than that. I usually visit either art museums (try to go at least 2-3 times a month, but its been hard lately due to the amount of work) or different exhibitions that tend to arrive from time to time. I haven't been to the cinema in years and when I go to concerts its mostly some unknown jazz bands in weird locations or some churches with organ pipe music. But the latter happens only occasionally.

I guess I should really devote more time to cultural events, especially stuff like theaters. I am very lucky to live in Moscow, which gets an array of new events almost every day. Would be a shame to miss out on it all.

Attached: 5463465363.png (811x608, 449K)

Went to a Danish museum called Arken recently since they had a exhibition about Van Gogh with 20+ paintings and drawings.
I have to admit I don't go to concerts or watch movies as much as I would like to.

Attached: 465767989765.jpg (905x1280, 287K)

I sometimes go to random free jazz concerts too, so I get you on this x)
I don't go that much to museums cuz the few I know don't change a lot, so I have no reason to visit them too often ^^

ah no, both we're in Vienna, Mozarts place was called Mozarthaus, very close to the Cathedral
heres a pillow from the military museum

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-215731.png (720x1280, 454K)

Cool stuff, never been to a Van Gogh exhibition in my life, at least I don't recall ever visiting one. I imagine there's lots of museums to see in Denmark, would love to visit at least some of them if I ever end up there.

Same here about concerts and movies. But I don't go to the cinema mainly because most of the time there's just not much going on.

>free jazz concert
my fucking god how low this astonishing genre has fallen

Oh, I see. Again, in Moscow we get lots of temporary exhibitions arriving from all over the world for a short time. So its both good, cause one has lots to choose from, and bad at the same time, since thy are very easy to miss.
Cool, I just visited one in Salzburg (if I recall correctly) and figured it might have been the same one. Cute pillow ;)

why do you say this?

They have to get by somehow. Nobody wants to pay some unknown band with little to no experience, so they end up giving free concerts to create some kind of name for themselves.

Cuz rock music indirectly killed it and nowadays jazz has been reduced to the shitty elevator songs you hear in movies

yeah but like I'm talking about free jazz, like when the musicians go crazy and stuff
I have a lot of free free jazz concerts here (don't ask me why, I don't know)
Last time I saw Akira Sakata : youtube.com/watch?v=boBObIIZ9Jo

>free jazz
kek semantics fucked me over here

Nerd

neanderthal desu

well yea, looking at Mozart stuff, salzburg seemed to have a lot more to see, Mozarthaus probably wasn't for everyone, although you were not allowed to take any pictures in there whatsoever
heres Hitlers head

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-221229.png (720x1280, 1.2M)

>MAI ID youtube.com/watch?v=BMgDzXJoEWI

Kek, a classic

I actually don't remember all that much from Salzburg, as I was around 8-9 when I visited it. Now when I think about it, there must be tons of stuff I still got to see there.

I'm surprised they kept it. Europe seems to be very sensitive about the subject.

same here, i dont remember much from vacations when I was 9 and 13 either, although i wish i knew more about the habsburg dynasty and Austria in general before I went there
some nazi stuff surprised me in there aswell

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-223618.png (720x1280, 1.07M)

Yeah, and I didn't want to even explore much back then. When you are still a kid, its very hard to get yourself into liking museums and such.

Yeah, Nazi stuff is always surprising to see in Europe. The only time I saw an artifact with a Swastika on it was in a naval history museum on some Nazi banner. But that's about it, I think.

i remember being at auschwitz when i was younger, but i dont even think i would find concentration camps interesting now either
what surprised me the most in there was that somebody made that head sculpture of Hitler

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-225905.png (720x1280, 1.21M)

I can't afford that shit.

I see little cultural value in visiting concentration camps. I mean, yeah, that's a part of history that has to be remembered, but I'd rather learn about it through books or documentaries.
Hitler's head isn't that surprising to me. Totalitarian regimes based on leader worship like making as much of these as possible. The amount of Lenin heads we had back in the USSR is hardly countable.
Is it really all that expensive in Sweden? Here we got some days when museums and exhibitions are free for everyone to visit. Some are always free. Also, lots of great discounts for students.

also remember the holocost never happened but needs to happen again

sure, but people dont look at commies the same way they look at nazis, to me it's almost surprising that they didnt destroy all nazi stuff after the second world war, but maybe they werent that stupid
heres the car that Franz Ferdinand got shot in

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-232116.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

I mean, it also surprises me that they kept it, its the fact that someone made it in the first place that I don't find that surprising. A lot of former USSR republics do view communists that way though. That's why they tend to take down monuments to Lenin here and there as well as rename streets as a part of the decommunisation process.

That's quite a nice car to get shit in.

Can’t say that I’ve visited museums at all recently but I do often go to theaters with my dad. We always go see marvel movies and we go with my grandpa for westerns

Attached: C77EC1C4-2DAD-490E-A47A-5830589C488D.jpg (689x799, 172K)

aha, i see what you mean
now im running out of pictures, i wasnt the one wearing the sticker allowing us to take photos

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-233348.png (720x1280, 1.27M)

Cool, sounds like a comfy way to spend time with your family.
Well, you've posted quite a number of interesting one. Wish I could find some of mine from the Japanese exhibition a month or so ago. I don't usually take photos, but that time I got some nice ones.

Every Tuesday

i hate to take photos, but i like to look at them
not really a museum, but we also visited the ruins of čachtice in Slovakia, the castle where elizabeth bathory died
heres the eternal luger

Attached: Screenshot_20181113-234541.png (1280x720, 1013K)

I am not too fond of taking photos either. It always seems like a chore to me. Although some time after the visit I look through some old photos and end up regretting that I haven't taken more.

That's a fine looking pistol you got there. I think there is one like that at the local shooting range. Got to try it out at least once.

put 2 euros in the machine in čachtice and you got pic related
anyway i think thats it for me, i should get some sleep, goodnight

Attached: _20181114_001211.jpg (445x444, 45K)

Good night! Was nice to talk to you.

likewise