Firefox

>RSS feed preview and live bookmarks are available only via add-ons
>available only via add-ons
But there is no add-on that does what firefox previously did natively. All the readers are fucking awful tacky news media hubs or whatever where you have to go through the damn app extension menus to get anything of worth. And it's all trash and just about all of them does a bunch of shit not related to the live bookmarks either.

Attached: Firefox_Logo,_2017.png (2001x2066, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1477667
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-rss/
pointieststick.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/this-week-in-usability-productivity-part-49/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just opened Firefox and saw this shit. I'm kind of pissed because this was one of my favorite features

Attached: bookmarks.png (612x359, 30K)

I never used Live Bookmarks, so I don't care. I use an actual RSS reader and not a half-assed implementation for looking at RSS feeds

The absolute state of Nuzilla

Attached: 1368642448111.jpg (190x190, 4K)

i used them all the time for torrents and light novel updates, tech news, blogs, you name it.
so im pretty bummed by this shit.
ive switched to esr 60 on windows cause of it, and i use seamonkey and pale meme on my linux

But swiftly and quickly looking through very specific RSS feeds is exactly what I want to do. And nothing else.

Feedbro is fucking awful. And any clone of Foxish is just inferior to how Firefox used to do it natively.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1477667
>Once again, while we realize that this is a contentious decision, it is also a decision that's been made. Alternatives have been provided, both in-product via a web-extension and externally, and we have no reason to re-litigate this decision.
Do they seriously think pocket and that reader mode crap are reasonable alternatives?
Or that extensions like feebro actually do the same thing?

no but there is another addon that does

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-rss/

Why can't they implement something as simple as the rss?

>it's light bro, if it takes too much cpu turn the addons off
>we do need pocket though

This doesn't actually appear to work with the new update.

No wait. It does work. It just doesn't appear to find all the feeds firefox used to be able to find. Like the youtube channel feeds for instance, appears to go right past this extension.

I always used feedbro because firefox built in rss was shit, also i don't know what live bookmarks are.

thunderbird should still have what you want

doesn't work

"""security"""

Use Firefox 56, boi!

There is livemarks extension but it sucks, it can't import my list of 200+ without a freeze. I just switched to using basilisk full time anyway

Use Waterfox and still get security updates.

No, you can disable them fortunately.

uh

Yeah very cool but how do I fix this bullshit that always breaks when I update?

Attached: Capture.png (954x350, 42K)

What the fuck is live bookmarks?
I've never used RSS because I can't find anything interesting enough that I'd have to be notified about automatically.

Can google.

no just, why do you not want the security updates?

Youtube channel.
Game news blogs.
Torrent feeds with personalized filters.
You name it.

Then you just hover your mouse over your live bookmark in the bookmarks bar underneath the tabs and you instantly get an overview over all the recent and latest entries of the respective feeds.

all the good torrent sites are down tho :/

I already have my own local website to display YouTube channels and their latest videos.
I can see why this thing would be useful, but Firefox is bloated as is. Moving some of it's functionality to addons might not be a bad idea. As long as Mozilla makes these addons.

>local
>website

dipshit

I'm so fucking done with this browser. If I ever see it anywhere I will uninstall it

I also use RSS frequently, but I certainly did not use Firefox for that. There are way better ways to check RSS than the readers built in Firefox.

yea i use opera its open sorce now

Been done myself for a long time. Waterfox is my primary, Brave is my backup (now that it has access to the chrome store).

You're retarded, but ok. I have a local html file then.

>waterfox and brave
Absolute garbage and scam browsers.

Unlike, Firefox, which is as pure as the driven snow, right?

What color is your hair?

See

I suspect people rely on the browser for these extra features because they are not comfortable using the rest of their OS.

fuck off retard.
imagine being one of .01% of morons who used it on a sub 10% market share browser
literally 0.01% of dumbfucks like you are outraged. kys

With about:config tweaks, yes. It's significantly better than chromium browsers at least.

>using ZOGzilla Sorosfox

kys tranny.

Attached: 1502404931068.png (793x595, 312K)

Firefox now supports KDE dialogs
pointieststick.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/this-week-in-usability-productivity-part-49/

Attached: serveimage (1).png (512x512, 69K)

>falling for fake news
Kys degenerate

>f-f-f-fake news!

5 Soroscoins have been deposited into your wallet.

Attached: mozilla miti.png (894x387, 70K)

Honestly, fuck live bookmarks - but why did they cut feed preview?

>feedbro
>License: All Rights Reserved
botnet/10

>moving goalposts
Are you retarded? Where does it say anything about Soros? Fake news is a fucking problem and I fully support blocking sites which spread it (which Mozilla won't do). But "Mozilla joining Soros" is fake news itself and a fucking example of why fake news is dangerous. Go to Jow Forums, you literal NPC.

>MITI will rely on help from the Full Fact project to "combat fake news"
>the Full Fact project is backed by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and billionaire George Soros

HMMMMMMMM

>I fully support blocking sites which spread it
I'm sure you do, far-left pro-censorship drone.

Attached: 1533594597953.png (636x923, 245K)

holy shit, how can GTK ever recover

>anyone who disagrees with me is far-left
Kys

>defends far-left internet censorship
>"I-I-I'm not really far-left!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>flagging sites as fake news is censorship
You're retarded. Spread your Jow Forumspaganda elsewhere

>goes from "I WANT SITES BLOCKED" to "I want sites flagged" when exposed as the pro-internet censorship shill he is
Way to backpedal, /leftypol/ neocon.

Attached: 29cb197c454fefaff39a565eed5cfa544d99a676ec293ea10918c622b2f158ff.png (193x149, 76K)

compelled speech and silencing speech are both violations of your freedom.

The company went full pozz some time around 2013.

I want them blocked by default, yes. But Mozilla has always let you customise the browser however you want and even if they do block sites you can always unblock them. I use the stevenblack hosts file containing fake news sites myself, not having to add it manually to uBlockOrigin whenever I install Firefox is a good help.
And you're retarded if you think this has anything to do with the browser. Firefox is still the only good browser on the market. Your Jow Forumspaganda fearmongering doesn't change that.
And Mozilla isn't powerful enough to censor shit. This being your only argument means you literally have nothing to say against Firefox as a browser. Other options are much worse.

Saying "this news is true" even though it's false is a worse crime than flagging fakenews. There are tons of idiots out there who can't tell when news are fake.

>There are tons of idiots out there who can't tell when news are fake
And there would be tons of idiots in charge of what gets blocked or not. Why would they be any less of an idiot?

>I want them blocked by default, yes.
Since you're a far-left extremist might as well block EVERY site but reddit and tumblr. But not everyone is a lefty neocon, so a browser that comes bundled with a thought crime filter by default is a retarded, unappealing idea.

>Firefox is still the only good browser on the market
Now that IS fake news. Objectively even Chrome-based browsers kick Mozilla's ass in every aspect.

Does this mean the filepicker meme is finally over?

human language is ambigous and isnt either true or false.
most "fake news" (that isn't incomprehensible seo optimized machine generated gobbledygook) falls under the categories of satire, or inexact, rhetorically exaggereated or understated speech, rather than "falseness" - rather than the speech being a lie, rhe falseness lies in the minds that misinterpret it.

Sounds to me like they dumb as hell.

That's neat if you prefer it that way. But that would still need to be a page you'd need to open. Instead of just hovering the mouse over the bookmarks tab.

Which one? I'm digging Inoreader

If you're not using a syncing RSS reader in $CURRENT_YEAR$, you're a luddite, and if you're not using a self-hosted RSS reader, you're a bootlicker.

Attached: 1543310053343.png (512x512, 59K)

>Objectively even Chrome-based browsers kick Mozilla's ass in every aspect.
Except privacy and security, which are most important aspects of a web browser.
>you're a far-left extremist
You're a fucking retard. Kys.

So I should use Firefox ESR or palemoon if you want rss reader/live bookmarks back ?

ESR. By the time ESR moves to the next version number a good RSS addon will appear.

privacy != security

And chrome browsers are lot more secure than firefox, that said by a firefox dev.

>privacy != security
They overlap.

You know what doesn't overlap, crippling the timers to mitigate spectre/meltdown instead of a proper fix.

I have one question and one question only: Exactly when it all began? From when on - and by this I mean, of course, the version of the Mozilla Internetz Browser - did it all went down hill with this software? Does someone remember? I really have no hassle arguing with some random person about what all went from near perfect to utter crap in terms of usability, features, performance and so on with this browser. The only thing I honestly cannot remember is, as stated above, when it started.

Attached: 9zpcxvtum1321.jpg (1854x1393, 331K)

Intel's problem.

amd is vulnerable to some variables, but that doesn't matter, if the browsers have to be secured against it (all the browsers did) firefox is still working on a proper fix, from now all they have done is decrease the timers accuracy to mitigate it but it's possible to work around the limitation so it's pretty much useless.

Again, CPU issue. Software shouldn't be crippled just because hardware is shit.

Ok, so cause it's a cpu issue lets not fix the software and let it be vulnerable.

Fucking, amazing, reasoning.

Precisely. Don't buy vulnerable hardware and you won't have any issues.
Nobody is exploiting this on consumer computers. So the vulnerabilities are irrelevant for now. Since both Intel and AMD promised to ship mostly fixed CPUs in their next CPU lineup fixing things on the software side isn't necessary.

You shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

i fucking hate google and captcha

The extended support release will still support live bookmarks for another year or so.

what's a better alternative? I'm interested

Didn't even know that was a thing lol.

was using it for some stuff. sad to see it go i guess. should go back to newsboat or someshit.

Attached: inoperable.png (571x618, 41K)

What are some good RSS readers?

Almost anything else? Why are people so fucking afraid of trying different browsers?

>claims FF is customizable
>using Firefox when Vivaldi exists
lol

>Firefox is still the only good browser on the market. Your Jow Forumspaganda fearmongering doesn't change that.

why the fuck did they remove this feature? if i wanted to use a shit browser with no features i would use chrome

It costs money to maintain features. They got pulled because so few people used them thus wasn't worth the money to maintain

When they started full releases for stupid shit instead of point releases because they were jealous that Chrome was at version 10 and they were only at 6, or whatever. After that they’ve done nothing but chase Chrome and add stupid bloat like pocket for a few extra bucks.

why don't they remove pocket?

Debian update fucked Firefox esr

>chromium
it's trash. All Chrome browsers are fundamentally flawed.

they bought the company, at this point theyre riding it out to the bitter end.
it doesnt hurt that theyre gobbling up all kinds of juicu user data with it they could potentially sell if they ever do go bankrupt.

at long last, thumbnails in the filepicker
the future is now
the end of GTK is nigh

there is a pretty good one for Gnome.

search for rss on extensions.gnome.org/
then you'll have to go onto the github page -> find the issue where there's a link to some other guys fork (that's way ahead & better) and manually install that one.

Yep. Extension/package manager -style workflow is pretty fucking gay. For both users and developers.

how to go back to previous versions of firefox on loonix so that none of my bookmarks, nor addons and their respective settings will be lost

i knew stable was a meme