Whats the best laptop with a GTX1080? I did plenty of looking and this was the best one I could find...

Whats the best laptop with a GTX1080? I did plenty of looking and this was the best one I could find. It has all the features I'm looking for but it's really pricey.
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-x-laptop-17t-best-value-2rj65av-1
My screens all screwed up and I really just wanna get something new so and not have to upgrade for many years.

>inb4 build a pc its cheaper
i know

Attached: c05640633.png (99x74, 6K)

What are you going to use it for?

Mainly gaming, some animation/photoshop and maybe some light video editing

I have a Clevo P751TM; which is 15.6", and comes with an 8700K and a GTX 1080.

It's been great.

Attached: 1543814636336.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>Clevo P751TM
Sounds great, brother. Right now I'm using a Clevo P170SM with a GTX770M, it's actually been amazing over the years but it's starting to break down pretty heavy (chassis).

there isn't one. thermal throttling nullifies any performance gain above a gtx 1060 on most laptop designs. some thicker, well designed laptops can go up to a 1070 without thermal throttling, but at that point all of the pros of having a laptop are gone. shit battery life, heavy, autistic looking, etc.

>some thicker, well designed laptops can go up to a 1070
Can you give some examples?

i rec a 2070 laptop, they will be announced next month. but if you want my real opinion, a 2060 laptop will do you fine. hard to appreciate above 1080p on a laptop. hp omen series is great, I had one with a 1050ti and 7700 and it ran cool after an undervolt. have a rog with a 1060 3gb that i need to repaste bc factory paste keeps it hot

I'm trying to stick with 1080p so I can get the mose use out of a 144hz screen. Also I'm trying to stay around $2100 or lower, aren't those cards gonna be pretty expensive in laptops?

I would get pic related. It's a GTX 1070, but at least it's lightweight.

Attached: wew.png (1122x778, 138K)

Laptops are pcs

>gaymen laptop
Just build a good PC then get a cheap laptop and stream games to it through Steam or whatever. Laptops are shit for gaming in general.

(You)

It's a 1070 Max-Q, so a bit stronger than a 1060 but weaker than a 1070. With highest settings, on the newest graphically demanding titles this thing can hit 40 fps and peak around 65. Of course it'll run anything if you just put the settings down though.
And not too concerned with the thickness, but the proclaimed battery life here is fantastic and combined with the thinness makes it great for work or gaming.

A solid machine, will consider

>using a gaming laptop with anything more than a MX150
You're not having enough toasters at home?

This has to be the lease expensive laptop with a 1080GTX. For something around the same price I would look at Alienware 15. If you could live with a 1060GTX you could get a GIGABYTE Aero 15W for about ~$500 less (and a much "cooler" laptop imo. If you'd save $600 you could afford a ROG Zephyrus GX501 and that would be a hell of a keeper imo.

Attached: 34-233-236-V01.gif (1280x960, 485K)

>GIGABYTE Aero 15W

Attached: 34-233-236-V01.gif (1280x960, 552K)

btw video editing is about the cpu not the gpu and ram can also be important, but basically for your work if thats your work and not your play you should think about that. and idk about the laptop versions of these cards but i run a 1060gtx and

the razer blade thermal throttles badly with a 1070. the 1060 is superior in many ways.

alienware style builds. look for thick, bulky laptops with big vents on the ends. they don't look good, but they're capable of handling a 1070.

I was considering getting the ROG. Well more specifically the Acer Triton 700 because they're really close, but the Triton had an Ethernet port and a pretty penny option for more storage. Since the more storage option is pretty expensive I just thought it better I get a thick laptop with more power.

Pretty much what I'm going for

repaste + fan control software should keep it cool.

I always had been a fan of Asus laptops but these last few years have made me doubt their qc. I ended up with a Quanta which is the ODM of Alienware, excellent cooling. Plenty gaymer lights but I'm not self conscious so don't care

Gaming laptops suck. I don't need to tell you to do something else.

it doesn't.

How persuasive

acer predator helios 500 is your best bet then.

Thanks, user.

only got the Aero15x for its battery size and it has the feature of looking like a normal laptop. And it has an ethernet port, and it's almost as thin as the msigs65. but if it weren't for the battery I wouldn't have wasted my time. But 94.2 watt hours can last a long time if used correctly.

I'll probably get one once they do a refresh with the next gen of GPUs. How do you like it?

Attached: 1497205976596.png (1600x2600, 166K)

Lots of pros for one:
>slim size
>decent weight
>amazing screen with decent brightness ranges
>trackpad is good after getting precision drivers*
>gpu and cpu are beastly
>I/O with plenty of ports, including a tunderbolt 3 usb type 3 and an SD card reader.
>I like the keyboard, it's stiff with a slight tactile feel to it
>also includes a numberpad and fullsize arrow keys
>least "gamer" looking laptop you can find with gamer hardware.
cons:
>speakers are ass and point down
>*you have to manually install the precision drivers, which for me needed two extra steps the guides don't tell you online
>the thermal throttle is for real, but only if you're cranking the graphics up really high. undervolting can help
>not everyone likes the stiff keys, but I prefer them over mush, or zero key travel like my macbook pro.
>the single channel memory configuration can causes frame rate bottlenecks in certain games.
there are TONS of people crying about how you HAVE to reinstall windows followed by the update assistant, then update everything based on the recommended drivers. I haven't done that and haven't experienced any issues on my side.
Nobody wants to spend a ton of money and have to configure a laptop that should already be ready to go, but I'm glad I only spent 1,800 versus the 2,300 other sites were selling it for. That alone helps me forgive its shortcomings. At its best, I'm knocking work out without needing to plug it in all day. At its worst it makes whiny fan noises and thermal throttles in games, and it almost painful to have in a lap at 91C. The laptop counterparts like the ROG, MSI, Razer, all suffer from throttling so its matter of what features you want in your daily driver that isn't found in the others.

Thanks m8.

Attached: 1543267316196.png (934x1200, 1.55M)