OLEDs don't burn in, it's a myth

>OLEDs don't burn in, it's a myth

Attached: oled.webm (854x1518, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/04/20/who-makes-iphone-displays/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How can phone makers make such embarrassing mistakes after so long in the game?

They do if you set the brightness to retina burner and the screen timeout to 5 minutes.

With normal use on a cell phone they dont, on a display device that is on the home screen for 12+ hours every day, there will be. Im surprised there wasn't more desu

Had my s7 for over 2 years now
Can't detect any burn-in. It's all about the quality of the panel and your habits

It's the fucking store display phone. Its screen gets left on 100% of the time.

>somehow this is still acceptable for a $1000 meme

Attached: asuka.jpg (279x304, 29K)

wow, one example of a defective screen, that must mean they're all like that!

Same thing happens to CRTs, but that doesn't stop people buying them

instead what stops people from buying them is that they arent made anymore

I was going to reply with something meaningful but then I noticed the picture you posted with. Not worth the effort.

My note8 has Google maps burned into the screen. < One year old.

it's not a mistake, they know it and it's deliberate

i don't know why there's so many people that feel the need to justify buying disposable tier displays
it's on a phone, everyone knows that you're supposed to throw it away the next year, that's what manufacturers pray for

burn-in existing isn't subjective, it's a fact
they're using these garbage displays on the right devices, for the most part
it's not the idiots buying them as a computer display or television screen

Send it for warranty?

Mine has a very slight red/pink gradient at the very top where the notification bar is.
But pure blacks is worth it.

With typical usage (

>buttblasted reifag
kekkle

Are you fucking retarded? No normal user has the home screen on for that long. This is a display phone.

In normal use (and personal experience), and if you're not a retard, the phone doesn't burn in because you don't leave a screen on something for that long.

>They do if you set the brightness to retina burner and the screen timeout to 5 minutes.
Even worse for display models that literally do not turn off the screen.
Some normies are like that as well. They turn off the auto display off.

I don't know who you're referring to because I do not watch anime because I'm not a loser.

but that's a feature, and you're using it wrong.

Phone batteries are going to die way sooner than your burn in is going to matter significantly.
Or you just drop it and crack the screen.

kek

You do realize this was a hoax from samsung, right? You can't be that stupid.

Second-hand market, dood.

Oh boy, we have the OLED Defense Force here, who like to disregard facts. Burn in is a real thing, and is why it isn't taking off other than phones, which are disposable after a year or two. Even after the first year, my S7 had burn in where the notification bar was with 3 SOT per day. Test it on your phones, put entirely white on the screen and see the burn in. It doesn't matter since most of you will deny it or post fake pictures of your phone screen.

My TN panel monitor is starting to burn in.
I guess nothing is immune to it, huh

>With typical usage (

Not either of those people, but not turning on auto brightness all the time and not using near 100% brightness otherwise is a good prevention mechanism.

I'm one of those people ()

I NEVER said OLED burn in wasn't a thing. I said its not an issue if you use your phone correctly (by not fucking leaving THE SAME SCREEN on for extended periods or time).

It isn't a mistake. OLED is a bad technology. Quantum dot is going to destroy it when they actually bother to invest in the tech. But not even OLED TVs are safe from burn-in, and nobody warranties against it.

>display model at max brightness for 12 hours a day has burn in
Why should I give a shit?

Quantum dot and micro led are vaporware.

Quantum dot already exists, dumb ass. Not without backlighting, granted, but it does exist.

Ahh yes, another Samsung marketing shill.

Not marketing Samsung, simply stating that it's not vaporware. Hell, Apple almost equipped their displays with it on the Macs.

Yes it does?? Only faggots are buying CRTs for their stupid old games

whats interesting is that every CRTfag ive seen is a tranny

They burn out, not burn in. You might not be able to comprehend the difference, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

the same shit happens on display models with LCD displays.

No, they don't. Image retention on LCD IS a thing, but it isn't permanent, unlike OLED.

I have an XZ3, just found out it's oled, how long does it take for burn ins to appear?

Depends how much you use the screen, and at what brightness.

>They burn out, not burn in.
The original burn-in on CRT phosphors was also technically burn-out too. It's all semantics you smug faggot.

Only happens on phones that utilize high brightness mode that's basically overclocking for displays. Turn auto brightness off.

My S7 is over 2 years old and doesn't even have a hint of burn-in anywhere.
Of course, if you are retarded, I would recommend an LCD, so you can stare at your homescreen for 6 hours straight.

Attached: 1526055115754.jpg (640x640, 79K)

My old Note 2 which I used for like 4 years got the notification bar burned in, but it was usually there so it didn't bother me that much.

faggot

It’s clearly a display model that has no doubt been in full brightness with no screen lock for god knows how long. That will cause screen burn in. You will never get something like that with a phone you own.

>OLED cucks
bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
get in here my fellow LCD mustard rice

Attached: 1529956798742.jpg (1024x698, 200K)

kys retard

even if you don't have homeacreen on all the time, wouldn't your notification bar still burn in since it's there all the time?

That's the first place I got burn-in on my Galaxy S2 (first smartphone)
Noticed it maybe 2.5 years in
I made sure to get LCD next time
Never going back to OLED
Why would I sign up for extra planned obsolescence?

>leave OLED screen on full brightness showing the same static image 24/7
>oh no, it burned in!
ugh.
leave display floor models to the official Apple retail stores. they're the only ones that seem to give a single fuck anyway.

Attached: electronics stores that aren't apple.jpg (748x4199, 470K)

Even in the Apple Store they don't leave it on the fucking homescreen indefinitely. There are screensavers that prevent burn-in.
This is Sam's-Club-display-tier.

OLED burn in is literally 100% a normie problem. It's like the 90s where people complained about CRT burn in for desktops but the only reason they got it was because they were too stupid to use screensavers.

this
I've used OLED Displays for alot of years and proper use, never had burn in.
+ i get to experience good blacks too, it truly is win win if you arent a nigger with your tech.

>have a pic related galaxy S5
>still no significant burn in, only some barely visible marks in the area where the signal, battery and clock are always present.

Attached: s5_plus.jpg (600x516, 117K)

>OLEDs don't burn in
Said noone ever.

>shop display unit
>maximum brightness displaying the home screen for 5 months
>burn in

I am very surprised.

>With normal use on a cell phone they dont
Bullshit, my status bar is burned into the top of my screen and I've never had it at above 50% brightness

My S7's status bar is burned in. You can tell when watching a video and tilting the phone.

Nice Larp faggot.

I actually work on phones as a day job because it pays and it's litteraly across the street from my house.

Only time you get burn in is when you have a problem with being in the phone and never letting it cut off. You know those people who constantly carry a charger to use their phones? Those people get burn in. The people who have no laptop or TV at home, whose only source of media is their phone. They get burn in. If you abuse the shit out of OLED, yes it will burn in like a cattle brand. If you're not a subhuman and know how to turn the screen off time to 30 seconds or less then it's not a problem.

Tldr Users cause burn in, not manufacturs

Whoever brainwashed you into thinking you need your phone in your face all day is fucking stupid. Are you a high school girl that 2 hours of stright looking at a phone is not enough?

Get it together user.

I use dark theme on my S6 for years and never got burn in. Meanwhile my normie friend got burn in on his S7 of the Facebook screen because he fell asleep with the phone on and for some reason it didn't lock itself.

>lol just don't use your phone for more than 60 seconds at a time!!!

Lol'ing at this guy.
Read -

Old applel store "genius", nobody cares about the displays until they go missing.

So you're telling me I should expect to get burn in for using my phone to read manga for a few hours a day.

I'm gonna need a source on that quote user or you just made yourself a extrapolating faggot.

>few hours

Yes, but user that's unhealthy. Reading is ok but you still need outside stimulus

See

So what do you suggest I do with my next phone? Never use it except for calling and voicemail?

epic

Attached: 1526406985039.png (700x616, 214K)

Literally
>you're just using it wrong!!!!
Apple tier

Either don't get OLED and get LCD or look to get rehab from technology? What the fuck am I, your mom?

>blaming users
>intelligent design

I never claimed it to be a intelligent design. I believe that if you don't take shit for granted and expect this all mighty machine of knowledge to play 24/7, you wouldn't have these problems.

>or look to get rehab from technology
Using a phone as an e-reader is not an unhealthy use of technology you fucking dumbass. Not everyone who spends multiple hours on their phone is using social media. What you're suggesting is absolutely retarded and I suspect you're only doing this to get a rise out of legitimate complainers.

So how long should you use an OLED display before turning it off. Give me an exact number

Stop post while you're ahead user

EReaders don't have OLED and arnt relevant.

because you only buy CRTs if you have brain damage

There is no BURN ON - BURN OFF button. It's a variable. If you have a Twitter problem and keep on that shit all day, it's going to burn in.

So by using my phone the "wrong" way I deserved to get burn in? Please tell me the proper way to use my phone since you seem to be so knowledgeable.

>you have a Twitter problem and keep on that shit all day
I don't have Twitter or any social media. The only thing that keeps my phone screen on longer than 20 minutes is reading manga.

Didn't Apple use Samsung Panels for the first iteration of iPhone X then switch to LG?

See
You can refuse this answer but nothing I've said is incorrect. It might be outlandish that you might have to put the phone down for more than 10 minutes at a time to some people, but that's an opinion. What's a fact is that if you constantly have the display going with static images, IT. WILL. BURN. IN.

This has got to be a Chinese knock off. I got an iPhone X from work over a year ago and it doesn’t have the slightest trace of burn in. That, or it was intentionally left on the same screen for a week straight without being powered off.

Get one of those apps that flash threw the colors all the colors. There used to be one on the Play store that was awesome at helping keep burn in from happening.

>What's a fact is that if you constantly have the display going with static images, IT. WILL. BURN. IN.
The status bar is fucking part of the OS you retard there is no way to turn it off.

Yeah that's correct

Sorry your phone is shit and has a big black bar. I have a lg g6 with OLED and my status bar let's me set it to clear

Attached: 02E861CB-B2EB-4353-85BC-22793B4E4E72.jpg (720x720, 126K)

No. Apple designed the iPhone X's display, did all the calibration and such, and just used Samsung's factories for manufacturing because Samsung is the only company capable of manufacturing them at such a mass volume with quality control. They have a monopoly.
It's not like Samsung was already developing those displays and Apple bought them.

That's where your wrong kiddo.

9to5mac.com/2018/04/20/who-makes-iphone-displays/

Nope, I was pretty much right about everything there.
Apple designed and calibrated the iPhone X display which is manufactured by Samsung (verified by the article you just posted), Samsung has a monopoly on OLED manufacturing and can therefore charge as much as they want for it (verified by the article you just posted), and Samsung is the only OLED manufacturing company out there that is capable of producing so many units in such a short period of time with little to no defective units (verified by the article you just posted.)

What was I wrong about?

i believe you are a paranoid schizophrenic

>anecdotal evidence

Wtf where the hell is Satania?

fucking kek