27 years old

>27 years old
>NEET ever since dropping out of high school
>promise myself every day I'll learn to program
>cant understand beyond the hello word program
>develop chronic guilt
>give up
>try again as new year resolution

Attached: 1543954723870.png (780x433, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/p4j962
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>27 years old
do your parents a favor and kys yourself

Go back to school. Some people can teach themselves and some just cant. I know I couldn't

It's almost as if you need to attend some kind of establishment where people go to learn things...

Attached: 1264119847109.jpg (600x808, 73K)

Or go to the cafe/library. I did that and suddenly it becomes a taboo to jerk off or browse Jow Forums and I actually do my work.

Only 2 more weeks until 2019.

Attached: 1538341358845.png (593x677, 456K)

>develop chronic guilt
For what exactly?

Attached: index(2).jpg (128x128, 4K)

Obviously somebody is paying for his existence.

OP your parents did you a disservice by spoiling you. They need to kick you out of the nest and make you fend for yourself. It's a better life than withering away. You're weak because life hasn't made you strong. There's a better version of you hidden within you. Leave the nest or die trying

These two.

I'm 27 too and work at Microsoft. I graduated in 2015 and got my degree in 1.5 years (I had 2 years of prereqs done so the actual 'CS' portion of it). You can change your life around pretty quickly. You always have the option to choose the path of growth and challenge. Happy to answer any questions.

>can't understand beyond the hello world program
If you are implying you are reading code/tutorials to try to understand them, it's no wonder you can't.
You should be actually writing code to try and understand it.

i did this for a very long time
i dont even know who i am anymore
though i am not a coward

This is poetic.

If you're suffering from depression, the book 'Feeling Good' by MD David Burns can help. It's about cognitive-behavioral therapy, a successful treatment for depression.
Link to PDF:
sendspace.com/file/p4j962

You can also try some St. John's Wort (it's a plant) tea for immediate relief (I mix mine with Melissa for the calming effect), see if it works for you. I'm currently trying it out myself, no opinion yet.

Attached: feeling good burns.jpg (1192x1920, 171K)

You know what they say:"All toasters toast toast."

I did the same, nothing wrong with that.

I did the same and got a job as senior software engineer when I was his age, after dropping out of high school and being NEET ever after.

Dude the easiest way to learn is to just download python and start with the absolute basics. Write some print statements, do some loops and you'll be well on your way. Good luck man, we all start from the bottom.

Give up for good, you won't be able to do it if all you can understand is hello world

>27 years old
>promise myself every day I'll learn to program
Are you me? Literally exactly the same.

try getting an inexpensive arduino kit ($50) and learn the "processing" language or whatnot, which is similar to c and java

>27
It's too late, your brain is no longer in it's development stages, it's time to submit an application to mcdonalds

>>cant understand beyond the hello word program
I dont think programming is for you user, also maybe quit smoking/drinking and save the last functioning braincells you still have left

Could be worse OP. I went to college, got masters and still ended up NEET. At least you didn’t waste 6 years to get a piece of paper.

>went to college
you should have gone to a university

How did you do it and will you pls be my refetence

you know what I mean

>29
>Learning web dev
>tfw solving JS algorithms is the closest I've felt to joy in years

Age limit is a meme. I'm studying harder and happier than I did in college now, and I'm seeing result.

Like said, it could be worse. I got a shitty degree as well and my job made me want to kill myself every day.

The actual challenge of landing a job as a web dev on my own is what pushes me through every day.

by being a pajeet

>will you pls be my refetence
sure thing son, but first you must make a choice...

Build an environment where you slowly and calmly learn each and every part of programming.
Don't start with C, start with Java.

Also this,

Learn Common Lisp and ascend. You are not motivated to learn if you study a shit language

Just kill yourself desu

Use MOOC.fi/en course. You don't even need much of an attendance span to get started with their course, but you will learn stuff. Really, the (possibly) best thing for someone in your position is to get someone or something to hold your hand as much as possible, so it does take as little effort as possible in the beginning for you get accustomed again to do shit.

This is my choice if I can't get a job as web dev.

Plan is bullet proof.

do something you like instead of this.
now fuck off to .

Are you going to be any good as a programmer if you can't teach yourself? Shit changes fast man.

A good programmer learns and masters many languages, particularly those that are in popular use. A bad programmer is unable to recognize that each programming language has positives and negatives, be they inherent to the language or the ecosystem surrounding it, and that some languages are better suited to particular use cases. A language, even for all its faults, may be widely adopted and used in specific systems. COBOL for instance is very archaic as far as programming languages go, but it is used in many banking and government systems; JavaScript likewise has many inherent flaws, but it is still widely adopted, a good programmer will understand and master both of these languages out of the necessity to be able to easily work with, modify and understand what is written with them. An even better programmer would iron out the flaws of each language, crafting a workable subset that will allow them to write in those languages elegantly while avoiding their pitfalls.

yes, but js is cancer... if you look up cancer on wikipedia you will see the very definition of js

Make your movie
Make your book
Have your poo hole gaped by some nigs and put your cum dripping asshole on tape online.
Become a passable trap and commit var to const changes on github

>37 years old
>finally stopped being a NEET at 27 after dropping out of college
>turned latent programming skills and years of working on open sores projects into real job
>now a senior programmer earning six figures
>still no gf
>get invited out to company retreat
>everyone is married except you

Attached: reimu_wtf.webm (724x646, 1.45M)

Douglas Crockford created a subset of the language that is very nice to work with. I, for one, rather like working with JavaScript when it comes to creating small programs or applications, interpretation allows for quick and easy testing and dynamic typing means less needs to be written while prototypal inheritance is very expressive and powerful, an elegant and efficient replacement for the classical structure. It's not that I don't understand your grievances with the language, you are likely a classically trained programmer, so you are probably not very keen on understanding prototypal inheritance or how to work around the flaws of JavaScript. You will not master the language, and thus, you are a bad programmer.

just find some 16yo who has troubled family and needs (financial) support, give her a good dicking without protection

This advice is weird but all the good ones your age are definitely taken. You should consider dating younger to get a good partner.

>everyone is married but you
Yeah, you should also try and note how many people are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage at that age.

How do you NEET?

>St. John's Wort

It causes photosensitivity, a horrible condition were the skin loses its ability to protect from sun burn and just falls away.

I had two cattle suffer from it several years ago, the black parts of their skin were unaffected the white parts just burnt and fell away.

They had to stay inside all summer to protect them from sun burn, and one of them died two years latter from Liver failure

Seriously stay away from that shit user.

Kek

Attached: agree.png (500x500, 94K)

Can someone recommend some good online courses or books for beginning to selfstudy cs? I want to learn the basics before beginning to learn a language. Also, is python a good one to begin?

being a bad goy

guy i know from hs got a 4 year BA in chemistry and works for a finance firm in boston making 74K -- he turns 23 next month

>solving JS algorithms is the closest I've felt to joy in years

33yo, lawyer here. I feel the same.

chronic guilt = good goy

Attached: IMG-20181206-WA0008.jpg (620x372, 30K)

Go to a trade school and learn programming. You may find people same age or even older than you. Just tell people you worked odd jobs because you didn't know what you wanted to do.

Why does everyone want to compete with a billion pajeets for the shitty job of reading thruogh the walls of esoteric code 20 hoours every day?

Learn to weld fucker. Then learn to weld aluminium and titanium alloys, get paid fucktons for working in aerospace and retire into a McMansion when you are 45.

Don't listen to the retards in this thread
Every single skill I learned to get hired for my first programming job was learned after college.
All you need is to read the fucking manual. There are endless guides, tutorials, and videos all accessible for free about any given programming language.

Here's what actually happens in college
>Fat washed-up boomer professor teaches you how to hello world and other basic shit (that wouldn't get you hired) in their useless fucking boomer language like Fortran and Java
>You take a test

That's it. You've spend a small fortune for this garbage when you could have learned shit by yourself by reading docs off the internet and fucking around with your editor.
You can learn to program right this instance. There is no excuse.

Attached: op.png (613x712, 386K)

We can make it bro.

Attached: 1506815606020.jpg (647x1149, 269K)

w-why..

Attached: serveimage.png (512x512, 143K)

I can relate to the sprawling Kaos

>able to program on my own somewhat by looking at what other people do and mimicking it, don't fully understand what I'm doing
>all classes for any kind of class requires me having several math classes under my belt
>such a math brainlet I only learned that exponents existed a year ago at age 24

Attached: 1542959581336.png (1184x666, 700K)

You're absolutely right. However, you often do need the piece of paper to get in some positions, no matter what you actually know.
The smartest thing to do is to cheat your way through college, so you can spend that time learning actually useful stuff instead of useless wankery, and at the same time you get the piece of paper in the end.

Date 20 year olds, they're more fun, more sexually aggressive towards you, and even the hot ones like animu now. Plus they love daddy types.

Oh fuck, it makes sense now.

i went to college and droped out last year because i was lazy and decided i didnt like IT anymore, ended up as embarrassment and a NEET for past 8years.

They probably have trouble teaching themselves the fundamentals. Once they figure that out, everything after that should be easier to learn.

what about
-toxic fumes
-half blind at age of 45
are they just memes?

>All these NEETs well into their 20s in this thread
>Have been NEETs for close to a decade
Well I guess this explains all the rage about expensive stuff like apple devices... It truly is a case of sour grapes.

I'm in a similar boat my dude.
> 28 years old
> live with my wife in my parents' basement
> work in data entry
> have literally tried to learn to program every six months since I graduated from college
> college professors told me I was too stupid to program and should consider art
> have a good grasp on if, for, conditionals, breaks, switch, else, boolean, etc
> every time we get to arrays or structs I just don't get it
> no matter how much extra help I get I can't wrap my head around arrays and structs
> have failed CS101 eight times so far
> trying again in 2019 because why not

I'm white.

I graduated with a 3.3 gpa. What I did do though was apply to 200+ internships. I interviewed at a fuckload of places. Got an internship at starbucks corporate, then a fulltime job there, then went to MS shortly after. EZPZ.

> live with my wife in my parents' basement

that shit right here is my biggest fear. back to studying

dude wtf 8 times what is so complicated about an array its a data structure that contains elements.

its just a holder with stuff inside of it. you can iterate through it and access it and modify it.

This: I had some when I was doing my nootropics meme and my skin burned really easily when I stepped out.

I'm going to be real with you OP
If you are still at a hello world level of understanding, if you did not immediately envision the potential capabilities of programming and what you can accomplish with it when you first wrote Hello World
You are not going to be a programmer, you are not a code monkey, you are not a dev, you are not an engineer, you are inherently not a problem solver, and will never be a good programmer.

Do a meme business school
Worked for me

>another one falls for the coding is for anyone meme

TFW wants a NEET programming friend to hang out on Discord making projects together. ;_;

this post is everything wrong with nu-Jow Forums

>what is so complicated about an array its a data structure that contains elements

As a neet and not a programmer this sounds like fucking magic jargon to me.

Mate arrays are pretty simple, if I had to explain it to a complete beginner I would say that at their most basic, they are single row tables. 2 dimensional arrays are tables with multiple rows. Arrays with more dimensions are just tables within tables.

>dropping out of high school
I'm sorry. It's just that I have nothing in common with you. Why don't you get a job?

Attached: americanPsycho.jpg (850x603, 18K)

For example:
single row tables.

array = ('foo')
array(0) -> 'foo'
array = ('foo', 'bar')
array(1) -> 'bar'

2 dimensional arrays are tables with multiple rows.

array = (('foo', 'bar'), ('fizz', 'buzz'))
array(0, 0) -> 'foo'
array(0, 1) -> 'bar'
array(1, 0) -> 'fizz'
array(1, 1) -> 'buzz'

now, lets say we are making a level in a very basic 2d game, we could use a multi-dimensional array to store data and flags for each x or y coordinate in the level. we'll use empty strings to represent areas with nothing for the sake of example.

array(1, 1) = from the top left, y then x and starting at 1 for the sake of appearance and ease.
lets say our level is 5x5 units in length, our array would then look like this:

(('', '', '', '', ''),
('', '', '', '', ''),
('', '', '', '', ''),
('', '', '', '', ''),
('', '', '', '', ''),
('', '', '', '', ''))

for each y coordinate (array), there are 5 x coordinates (strings)
let's say we want to add a wall in the top right corner, that would be x(5) and y(1), so:

array(1, 5) = 'wall'

our array would then look like this

(('', '', '', '', 'wall'),
('', '', '', '', ' '),
('', '', '', '', ' '),
('', '', '', '', ' '),
('', '', '', '', ' '),
('', '', '', '', ' '))

lets add some flooring:

array(1, 3) = 'floor'
(repeat for y 1 to 5)

(('', '', 'floor', '', 'wall'),
('', '', 'floor', '', ' '),
('', '', 'floor', '', ' '))

hopefully this helps you out.

I'm using parentheses here because I get a connection error with brackets.

What words don't you get?
data?
structure?
contains?
elements?

learningprogrammingwithoutaprojectisdumb.jpg

This. I first got my grasp of how to do anything significant through fucking about with runescape private servers. Some of them had the shittiest code you could imagine.

I'm not talking about teaching yourself a new language. But fundamental data structures and algorithms and software development courses.

same except 33, finished high school and dropped out of college

Kill yourself yourself

same except I'm 22. feels bad that a lot of my friends are graduating and I didn't even manage to complete 1 year of college
how do normalfags always manage to be employed while Jow Forums is full of NEETs? is it just because we're autistic or because we refuse to work at mcdonalds or in Bezos' wage cages?

Array, elements etc. I just feel like this would be easier to understand if it was in my language, but it feels like i'm reading some old-ancient civilication talk about potions and shit.

Think i'll buy a laptop soon, download a language tutorial book in my language and lock myself up for a few hours a day in a local library.

What language are you most familiar with?

Inflated self-importance.

why not learn something else in the meantime?

>or because we refuse to work at mcdonalds or in Bezos' wage cages?

This is the main reason i've been a neet. I saw friends work at mcdonalds or similar workplaces and they were miserable, felt underappreciated etc. Just felt like they were literal slaves, yet i was degenerate enough not to better my life. But that will change. Im gonna start learning java soon and maybe one year later i'll finally not be a neet anymore after 5 years

>Soon(TM)
The fact you're posting here right now tells me you'll fail.

Nothing really. I used to edit scripts for runescape bots when i was a kid, did some simple stuff in school with creating websites, but i reckon only 1% of what you need to know in order to land a job with it. I mean the school i went to was basiclly a scam. Litteral scam. I didnt learn shit. Was supposed to learn stuff anout servers, but after graduation, i still felt like i knew just as much before i even attended the school. So after a couple of applications that was when i became a neet.

An array is a list. Like a shopping list. You can add new items to the list or delete old ones by scratching them. You can make more sophisticated lists by adding additional structure. For example you can take your shopping list and add each item's price. Now you have a simple two column table. You can nest structures as well. Take your shopping list and put it in a folder. If you do this each week you have a folder of shopping lists or as you can also say a list of lists. You can add new lists to your folder or bin old ones. You can also search through the folder and skim through each list to find out when the last time was you bought toilet paper. Programming is about establishing orders and a set of rules how to handle you ordering system. It's just autism so to say.

We are a small software company that has no real money yet but lots of stuff that needs doing. Would working for some cash while on NEET bucks be appealing to anyone trying to get into webdev? On one hand, I feel like it would be taking advantage of someone but on the other I'm perfectly fine with someone abusing gibs to subsidize a wage we would be paying.

Ahh i see. That makes sense. Thanks

Huh? Im 33 and started coding school 4 months back, doing pretty good.

And what did you learn so far?

Wow, you can't just ask people stuff like that.