I have three questions for linux users of reddit

1. What do you do on Linux?

2. Why did you choose Linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?

3. (If your answer is muh privacy and freedom), why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?

TL;DR - Only acceptable answers to use linux are, for managing servers and/or for your privacy and hoping there are no telemetry stuffs in your particular brand of linux.

For purposes other than that, Windows 10 is the best and superior OS ever created. Yes, it is focused for technically illiterate people and everything is simplified for their use but 97% of the world population is technically illiterate so what's your point in making it complex? And yes, it deserves to be shitted on for their very shitty privacy practices and data mining, but like I said, if you mind it then it's the only reason you should be using linux. If you are using privacy invasive apps and softwares then there is no point in using linux ever.

I am quite sure people are biased and fanboys will defend their shit tastes for using linux and are coping with it. But deep down inside you all know that Windows 10 is the most advanced and superior OS in the market till date.

Attached: Chinks genocididing minority Yighurs .webm (540x960, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1PrBwDoQVzA)
mewch.net/tech/res/34.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FA3axpOdZHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>shitpost on Jow Forums
>idk lmao pwned
>who says i do

>1. What do you do on Linux?
Depends on which computer we're talking about here. My home server is doing server stuff. My gaming PC is for playing games and watching videos. My laptop is also for watching videos and communicating through instant messaging protocols and browsing. All three have Debian but gaming PC has Windows as well in case I need it. I plan to get rid of Windows at some point and only leave Debian on it.
>2. Why did you choose Linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?
It's configurable so if I don't like something I can change it, unlike in other popular systems. It's also faster and more secure than other popular systems. It's also not trying to scam me but is instead a community effort for making a good system for everyone, which is open and free of cost.
>3. (If your answer is muh privacy and freedom), why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?
The way I see it is that my gaming habits are not very profiling. You can't assume much from them. It's way easier to create a profile of my entire life through instant messaging logs and browsing habits. For that reason I think the three most important software in privacy are OS itself, browser and messaging. If those are in order then I don't mind having some proprietary programs. They won't be gathering information once I close the program. I am in control then.
>Windows 10 is the best and superior OS ever created
It isn't. I use it at work and at home and Debian always feels better. At least I can constantly compare the two. You probably just use Windows and know nothing about Linux other than Arch memes from Jow Forums.

shut the fuck up you shitskin

>You probably just use Windows and know nothing about Linux other than Arch memes from Jow Forums.
I have been using linux for at least a decade now. I used to even use it on my office laptop. Worked fined for a while. But every now and then it broke itself with some updates, lots of problems with dependencies etc. Now I use windows10 primarily. But I still use linux (fedora) on my portable harddrive so I can boot it up on any computers I can get for work while on the move to different cities without having to carry a bulky laptop. It is simple but yet it is complex for noobs. And now Win10 does everything a linux machines would and more and it even has a portable version called On the Go. Again, only reason I can think of using linux is for privacy options like you mentioned.

Everything I did on Windows. Making music using Bitwig, Milkytracker, and Muscore, playing some 10+ year old vidya via wine, email/browsing, work/school related activities. Really the only thing I miss is adobe software like Audition and Photoshop but I can live without both of those.

>2. Why did you choose Linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?
First started when I had wifi problems under windows 7/8 (i tried every possible fix under the sun) that magically disappeared when I would boot into a linux drive. Once Windows 10 rolled around I said fuck it and never looked back.
>3. (If your answer is muh privacy and freedom), why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?
I don't

what's going on in this webm

>Again, only reason I can think of using linux is for privacy options like you mentioned.
Then you didn't read my post very carefully. I mentioned speed and configurability as well. If Windows has privacy problems then that's the one I have to think reasons for. When the rest of my software (mainly one game) work I don't see a reason to keep Windows around anymore.
>I have been using linux for at least a decade now.
Me too, and it has only been getting better. It has surpassed Windows a while ago in my usage.

I use Arch

1. Everything. Browse the web. Programming. Writing. Gaming. Anime.

2. I got sick of Windows' bullshit after an update forced me to reinstall. Now I stick to it because my workflow is more comfortable than what's possible in Windows, it sucks less, and free software ideology.

3. I don't use those.

explain webm pls.

>be inbred han chinks
>have 10s of millions of single, therefore volatile men
>incarcerate male population of different nation
>harvest their organs (youtube.com/watch?v=1PrBwDoQVzA)
>make the rest into slaves
>kill all elder population
>destroy the nation
>steal their women to stop your own male class from rioting
also read filename

>It has surpassed Windows a while ago in my usage.
I guess it depends upon the things that you use on the OS. For me there are few softwares which can only run on windows.

makes sense for your use.

I asked these questions because people see linux as something hip thing to do, especially the cancers of reddit. They see it as an elite nerdy thing to do instead of really understand the philosophy behind it. Most doesn't even care about their privacy and security. For this reason the linux landscape has been polluted by stupid people and now the communists are marching behind them to change Linux forever. To be honest, I don't want it to grow.

I know about that shit. I mean what specific event is this webm. Is it a wedding? Where's the source?
Why would I believe some random user's filename, then I would think nerve gas is responsible for all kinds of things.

Well this place isn't reddit. Don't expect similar answers here. An anonymous website will attract more privacy oriented people than user account website. Linux might be popular among reddit hipsters but they aren't the only ones using it.

It is a forced wedding of Yighur woman to one of their retarded han chink.

and we are a minority. Soon pic related will happen to us. Oh wait, we are already shoved up with CoC dildo up our ass. It will only get worse.

1.) Shitpost on Jow Forums, browse facebook and reddit, dabble in programming, edit the occasional photo or video
2.) Because it's stable, efficient, updates quickly without breaking my system, and does pretty much everything I would need Windows for and then some
3.) I'm a pragmatist and give zero fucks about autistic FSF paranoia.

Women forced to marry wincuck user

> 1. What do you do on Linux?
School work, email, drawing sometimes, shitpost, media consumption

> 2. Why did you choose Linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?
Because it’s free as in no cost and so is all of the software. Also i came from Macos so i’m more familiar with unix based operating systems

> 3. (If your answer is muh privacy and freedom), why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?
I dont care about privacy or libre freedom

my shitty new laptop i bought apparently isn't compatible with windows 7 so i went and got neon instead of getting cucked by bill with windows 10
it was a good decision
fuck microjew and fuck niggers
also i use firefox

Attached: 421123123.png (900x623, 40K)

>based Han CHADS KEKing Uighur virgin cuckboys
ftfy m8 :^)

>TL;DR - Only acceptable answers to use linux are, for managing servers and/or for your privacy and hoping there are no telemetry stuffs in your particular brand of linux.
I use Linux because I want to, and your opinion is garbage.

Lads what games can i play on a 300 euro laptop with neon
i'm fine with old as shit games
will fallout 1 and 2 run?

Attached: 23124124124.jpg (657x527, 24K)

Its easyer to do my job. I do fornt end stuff and some automations. To do it i use some languages and some applications that i just need to sudo apt-get. and those applications sometimes does not exist in windows. At some thing linux is even easyer to do stuff than macOS. I had to automate some browser shit using selenium and was a piece of cake on linux, and on macos i struggled to find a fucking path. and after using selenium i had to print the page and create a huge pdf with all the 700 pages i just printed. i used imagemagik to finish the job. all this worked in a single linux terminal. It could be done in windows ? yeas, but i would have to do more steps to install shit and learn how shit works. also apt-get/brew.

dunno but i saved it
site requires file to work

back in the days i used windoze
i broke my windows a few months ago
tried linux and enjoyed it
i use linux for GPU passthrough
also so i can use KVM
mind helping me plz
mewch.net/tech/res/34.html

Yes

thats because uyghurs are white
>Uyghurs have 60 per cent European ancestry and 40 per cent East Asian ancestry.[135] A further study showed slightly greater European component (52 per cent European) in the Uyghur population in southern Xinjiang, but slightly greater East Asian component (47 per cent European) in the northern Uyghur population

Attached: Uyghur_girl_in_Turpan,_Xinjiang,_China_-_20050712.jpg (800x600, 167K)

Why did mods delete OP's webm?
Really makes you think...
Here is it anyway
>inb4 I will get banned for posting it

Attached: Chinks genocididing minority Yighurs .webm (540x960, 2.83M)

The girl's cute, so sad she's being forced to marry a bugeyed gook.

Dont worry, bro. Uyghur women arent the only non-Chinese women that Chinese men are after with their newfound wealth & power.

Attached: amwf1.webm (480x360, 1.94M)

Now that's revolting right there. The things skanks do for money...

to be honest i dont mind amwf
it gave us viktor tsoi
youtube.com/watch?v=FA3axpOdZHw

Asian "Men" are so pathetic. They're so cucked by their parents ideology that they have no personality, no interesting thoughts/ideas/qualities, it's just nothing but work for them and then they wonder why their women are ignoring them for superior white men

dumb incel, chinks are based and redpilled genociders of inferior races (especially nihongo dogs)
read some wuxia/xianxia

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, Android, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Android system made useful by the Bionic corelibs, Toybox utilities and other open source software comprising a full OS designed for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Many users run a proprietary version of the Android system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Android which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Android system, developed by Google.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Android operating system: the whole system is basically Android with Linux added, or simply Android. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of Android.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 劉曉波动态网自由门

1. Everything you do on windows.
- My updates won't get forced
- There is no telemetry
- I control every process
- Apart from plebian software, everything else runs better on Linux (Wireshark, Waterfox)
- I am constantly on a VPN, and Linux has better networking implementations.
- Practically no fees whatsoever (I bought a Sublime Text license)
- C/C++ compilers built in the system
3. I don't.

Write software
>2. Why did you choose Linux
It works well for my needs
>Stream of consciousness
Yeah, ok

Let's fall for the bait.

Work as a backend developer.
Watch movies.
Browse internet.

Mac OSX costs 10 times its worth. and has no real advantages if you don't use the full appleTM experience.
I could use windows, but to me it has literally 0 advantages over linux. I keep an SSD with windows 7 on it somewhere but i never had the need tu boot on it during the last 4 years.

I don't care about privacy.

Linux does what I need. the rest has drawbacks and doesn't do more.

neofetch + desktop threads
> 2. Why did you choose Linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?
because ama cool h4xx0r guy
> 3. (If your answer is muh privacy and freedom), why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?
all software is bloated, i use only terminal + window manager

Linux is a kernel.

>Only acceptable answers to use linux are, for managing servers and/or for your privacy and hoping there are no telemetry stuffs in your particular brand of linux

Look mom, a retarded shill xD i give you M$losedoze10/10 bcuz i really like being angry.

>massiveshit downdows

>simplified

lolwat, even more insane than all the Apple CuckOS shills

fuck off exsoviet

she is so pretty uggh

南京从未遭到强奸
南京从未遭到强奸
南京从未遭到强奸
南京从未遭到强奸

1. what do you do on linux
shitpost, mostly. also, work.
2. why did you choose linux as an operating system to do those things instead of using other operating systems?
it's free, as in beer, and doesn't make me agree to ridiculous TOS nonsense. i can do what i want with it and i can change whatever i want without haveing to worry about legal stuff.
3. why do you use privacy invasive applications in linux like chrome, steam, etc...?
although privacy is not my primary concern, it is pretty high up on my list of things i like; this is why i don't use steam or chrome, and instead use gnu icecat.
free as in beer, and installing without a TOS, was my primary reason for trying linux, being able to use my computer how i want to is the reason i stayed.

you could have saved her, if only you had converted to islam :^)

Attached: 1516702880986.png (800x1672, 209K)

Program, watch videos, remote into servers, script tasks, rice. Everyday stuff.
My desktop is a wintendo, my arch laptop is for actual use. Linux has a better environment for scripting, and the DE I've set up has a better flow and user experience than what I had back on windows. Updates are smooth an non invasive. It looks a lot better than windows will ever be able to(and I rice windows as well). Ssh, nfs, zfs, fuse, sshfs and rsync. The only thing I miss on Linux is paint.net.
On servers I prefer running freebsd however. Their packages are sane and lean, and upgrades are never an issue.
I prefer valve over Microsoft, but still idgaf. I've limited some of the telemetry in chromium, but I still use YouTube a lot, so Firefox would make no difference.

You sure showed him

It's easier.

Because they make my life harder.

>why do you use privacy invasive applications in Linux like Chrome, STEAM etc.?
I don't.

Free as in free beer!

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

based and redpilled
Chinks need to be nuked first, just like we did it with Japs. Otherwise they won't behave like humans.

its like you didnt read the image
that will only create the turbochink.
what will finally end the chinks is peace, love and understanding

OP is a stupid /v/edditor. Copypasted from the last thread:

I use it for
>web browsing
>an occasional movie
>word processing
>spreadsheets
>emails
>image sorting/editing
>programming
>irc shitposting
Not really sure what else you can do on a computer besides that apart from muh gayemz and CAD software, and I use neither. I do this all from Q4OS, which is Debian Linux with the Trinity desktop environment configured nicely out of the box.

Attached: snapshot1_0.png (1280x1024, 948K)

1. Signal processing and some other basic programming

2. Because work gave me a windows computer and after a couple weeks I couldn’t take it and installed arch.

I’m stuck using Matlab and their ide is complete garbage so I like to work from the terminal which of course windows doesn’t have a good alternative for. I tried both the command prompt and cygwin and both sucked compared to a prober terminal emulator. I have 1 or 2 fullscreen terminals split into 2 panes open and everything I need is in them making it extremely easy to move between apps. On windows I’m stuck using gvim and matlab opens outside of command prompt as well.

Windows would also panic if a program took more than a few seconds to complete and go into not responding mode which prevented anything from being printed to the console. So not only do I not know how far along a program is I don’t know that things are going as expected and programs can take 10s of minutes and I make mistakes so that’s not acceptable.

On linux besides being able to print my progress I can also open up log files while they’re being written to see what error caused a file to be skipped. Some errors are expected like page check or too small, while others are not so I can see if need to quit or not. Windows on the other hand was useless as soon as a heavy task started nothing else worked.

And linux processes files in about half the time. I have a file reader for these 10+ day long signals that have multiple channels of 10s of millions data in them. Reading them in windows took 70-90s while the same exact files took 20-50s in linux so when we’re dealing woth hundreds of files that’s the difference between about an hour and only thirty minutes.

Plus communicating with the server is as easy as working on a local file. And automation via cron jobs is as easy as typing in when to run a file and what file to run.

Plus logging in’s much faster and dot files can be passed between computers effortlessly.

Shitpost, school stuff, math, vidya games (mostly arena shooters) and most importantly art with Krita/azpainter/gimp. I gave you this information now give me something in return CIA san.
Because Windows works like shit, is slow as fuck and crashes constantly. It has wide support and can do everything I need it to do, including play my vidya. Tell me when I can play TF2 on NetBSD and I'll be gone. I also enjoy my Window Manager, which is not an option for me to use on Windows.
>TL;DR - Only acceptable answers to use linux are, for managing servers and/or for your privacy and hoping there are no telemetry stuffs in your particular brand of linux.
I gave you a differnt answer, now stop shitposting.
>For purposes other than that, Windows 10 is the best and superior OS ever created. Yes, it is focused for technically illiterate people and everything is simplified for their use but 97% of the world population is technically illiterate so what's your point in making it complex? And yes, it deserves to be shitted on for their very shitty privacy practices and data mining, but like I said, if you mind it then it's the only reason you should be using linux. If you are using privacy invasive apps and softwares then there is no point in using linux ever.
You couldn't pay me to use Windows 10 on any of my personal computers.
>I am quite sure people are biased and fanboys will defend their shit tastes for using linux and are coping with it. But deep down inside you all know that Windows 10 is the most advanced and superior OS in the market till date.
You call other people fanboys for not liking what you like, but you fondole WIndows 10 like it touched you as a baby. I don't get it user.

Attached: 1541889735125.jpg (1050x788, 210K)

Shitposting, vidya, anime and other stuff people use a computer for.
Only thing I still use windows for is blizzard games.
It is free. It is highly customizable. I have more control over it. It works faster (especially on older devices like my laptop). No telemetry. Updating is a lot less annoying.
I only use Steam sometimes, but I don't care too much about it.

not if we kill every han out there. i wonder which tech would be best

This was a stealth asian masculinity thread and the rat of an OP doesn't give a shit about your answers.

Everything. Except for the things I do on *BSD
Because it's stable and reliable and can do everything windows or mac can do but better. Also because propriety software is malware by definition
I don't
> TL;DR - Only acceptable answers to use linux are, for managing servers and/or for your privacy and hoping there are no telemetry stuffs in your particular brand of linux.
This is objectively wrong
> For purposes other than that, Windows 10 is the best and superior OS ever created. Yes, it is focused for technically illiterate people and everything is simplified for their use but 97% of the world population is technically illiterate so what's your point in making it complex? And yes, it deserves to be shitted on for their very shitty privacy practices and data mining, but like I said, if you mind it then it's the only reason you should be using linux. If you are using privacy invasive apps and softwares then there is no point in using linux ever.
Windows has keyloggers on an OS level and GNI/Linux does not. It's less invasive to use invasive software on linux than windows
> I am quite sure people are biased and fanboys will defend their shit tastes for using linux and are coping with it. But deep down inside you all know that Windows 10 is the most advanced and superior OS in the market till date.
Windows 10 is an unusable dumpster fire. Go back to /v/

Browse, code, draw.

It was free as in beer and all the shit I used and all the shit I made was multiplat anyway.