Is PowerDVD the best software to watch DVDs with? mpv doesn't cut it because the menus don't work with it, same for VLC...

Is PowerDVD the best software to watch DVDs with? mpv doesn't cut it because the menus don't work with it, same for VLC. Windows media player has horrible video quality and deinterlacing issues. MPC-HC is deprecated.

Attached: PowerDVD-13-1-1-1.jpg (600x400, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175209
jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?level=modifications&page=title&title=1289
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cheap used ps3

Kodi. It's free, supported DVD menus for more than 10 years now, still developed, and you can even do shit like set it up with madvr if you're obsessed with video quality. Highly recommend it.

>MPC-HC is deprecated
>list a bunch of software that's proprietary or dysfunctional
>considers them as options
>lists one software that actually works
>"it's deprecated"
The absolute state of not-so-subtle shills.

I just install K-lite, and call it a day.

kodi is spyware or comes bundled with something highly exploitable last time I checked

>spyware
lol no
>bundled with something highly exploitable
There were some exploits patched previously that also plagued VLC. That shit was taken care of quickly. Anything else bad can only happen to you if you use 3rd party addons, usually ones to stream pirated shit. You can't install the illegal ones unless you check a box in the settings to allow installations from unknown sources. Much like how side loading apks on android works. If you keep your shit up to date and only install addons you trust (or none at all) there's nothing wrong with it.

I could try it once again, but there's a buttload of options that have to be set first. It better behave correctly.

honestly, why should I care if DVD software is deprecated? the technology itself is outdated, why should I care?

This. Also it's getting updates from some doom9 guy.
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175209

Zoom player

i bought windvd to play school days BDs
powerdvd18 is a piece of shit
vlc (old versions) is best for pentium II processors at dvd playbacks

Attached: snapshot_13.29.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

How well does WinDVD handle 10bit h264 encodes? Even latest PowerDVD seems to crap out, stutter and produce artifacts.

windvd is only made for blu ray discs
mpc-hc for rest of the filetypes

Just get a Blu-ray player, bro. PowerDVD loading takes an eternity, I use Nero Blu-ray player instead, when not using a dedicated physical player.
By the way, the movie experience may be poorer on a monitor, because it is optimised for fast response rates and accurate color output, not watching films (color output is adjusted differently).
You're probably not using a TV with your computer.

>PowerDVD
you might as well use realplayer.

I need region free 4k Blu-ray player. There are a few sites that sell those but they're all shady as fuck. Should I risk it anyway? There don't seem to be any other options.
(I know that 4k are mostly region free, but I need that for the regular 1080p discs)

Just use a modded PS3. You'll be able to disable cinavia that way too and you'll also be able to play shit like MKVs using Showtime.

>paying for any kind of software that's isn't online only video game
>paying for physical media
LMAYYYING AT YOU'RE LIFE

I've been pirating shit since I was 9 years old and I'm 30 now. I still pirate a bunch of shit. I'm on private torrent trackers, download from usenet, blogs, and soulseek, etc... I still like buying things and owning them though. It's nice to support artists, coders, anyone else really for their work when you can. It's also nice to own physical items. I especially love CDs and vinyl records. A lot of the stuff I like on vinyl has never been ripped by someone and shared. Usually when I buy things I share them if someone else hasn't done so already. Think of it this way, if nobody ever bought this shit how would it ever make it to the internet?

>implying that paying for online games is ok
Opinion discarded.

>PS3
>4k Blu-ray
ok

I missed that part, I'm half asleep still, disregard my retardation. Rather than sketchy websites you're going to want to look on ebay. At least if it's fucked up you can get a refund then.

No worries user. Those sites also sell via eBay and Amazon, just at a stupid premium compared to direct from them. But maybe it's worth it for some security.
I'm most concerned about fw updates for new discs anyway, I can't find reliable info if you can update and if it won't screw up the region free mod.

jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?level=modifications&page=title&title=1289

If it's using this sort of mod, hardware rather than software, I would assume it would be immune to patching in future firmware updates. I found this by searching the model number of the bluray player listed on ebay for sale + mod on google.

>MPC-HC is deprecated.

The DVD's are deprecated, m8.

>school days BDs

Your screenshot looks like a crappy reescalated DVD to a higher res.

>PS3
>4k Blu-ray
He never mentioned anything about 4K BDs.

Attached: 1516838140511.jpg (645x729, 81K)

We already addressed that in subsequent posts and more relevant info was posted but, uh, thanks?

Why don't DVD drives function as DVD players the same way CD drives function as CD players?

Attached: front.jpg (490x139, 10K)

Most modern drives don't have that CD player functionality either. Adding a DVD player would require adding some sort of remote in addition to the mpeg 2 decoder, some sort of cpu, etc...That would add a lot of cost to it. You can get a DVD player for the same price as a DVD drive these days.

>paying for something you can't own
>le vidya gaymen
No wonder you confuse you're with your, Jamal.

CD-Audio has no file system, it's practically a raw stream that you dump onto DAC to do it's thing. Sort of like what you have on a vinyl record - if it wasn't digital, you could almost say it's analogue (in b4 autists).
DVD functions on a much higher level, you deal with filesystem, discrete files, containers, muxed streams etc. Much more complication, thus much higher cost (and that's before all the licensing bullshit that costs plenty too).
A much better comparison is CD-Audio to Laserdisc.

Quads of Truth