Based or cringe?

based or cringe?

Attached: Xiaomi_logo_Mi-700x700.png (700x700, 3K)

great quality per price

Very based. I've got a Mi Mix 2 and a Mi Box 3. Both are amazing devices better than any non-chink brand I have ever bought. You've got to put a custom rom on Xaiomi to minimize your exposure to Chinese servers, but I run LineageOS so not really an issue.

I bought several products from Xiaomi.

Smartphones are good (beats Samsung, LG, HTC easily) and if there wouldn't be Nokia I would choose a Xiaomi phone.
(Nokia has a pretty good update policy, vanilla android, easy bootloader unlock and fair prices).

The T-Shirts are totally awesome and only cost 10 $ per shhirt.
Roborock robot is also a pretty nice cleaning robot, which can compete with iRobot.
I owned many cleaning robots and 99% are shit, which break in less than a year. Only iRobot and Xiaomi robots are still survive.

Smart light bulb and TVs should (!) be pretty good too. I didn't buy one yet. In my city there is already a xiaomi store, but they just sell phones yet.

Attached: roborock-s50-xiaomi-mi-robot-vacuum-cleaner.jpg (501x500, 18K)

>easy bootloader unlock
Yeah, for one device (Nokia 8). Not that it means much, when there are no custom ROMs to install.
>Nokia has a pretty good update policy
Two years. Nothing out of the ordinary really.
>and fair prices
Xiaomi still has everyone beat, but Nokia is close.

Also works on the Nokia 5 and the Nokia 7.
Go to developer options and turn on "OEM unlock".

>Two years. Nothing out of the ordinary really.
I mean the monthly security updates.
I tried much brands like Samsung, Motorola (regular updates for 2 years, but always multible months too late) and Huawei (total bullshit), but the update policy of Nokia is best. Regular updates in time.

Btw Xiaomi often just updates their MIUI and not Android itself. That's not the thing I understand about good update policy.

>and fair prices
You are right. They really have super cheap phones with good hardware.

the prices of their products are incredible, but it makes sense when you consider that they literally have ads in their software + all the data collecting in the background for chinese mafia.

>all the data collecting
I am really curious, if the chinese gov create shadow profiles about foreign users, which use chinese products.

Their shit is cheap and shady. That said, I have one of their bedstand lamps and I like it

Cringe, they only support 2CA, and not even that for a lot of their lineup, my carrier has 4CA, which means a fucking slow 4G LTE connection on their phones, they've also copied apple with the fucking notch on Mi A2 Lite, Redmi Note 6 etc, removing the headphone jack, and the SD card on all Mi (not Redmi) phones other than the Max 3.

Fell for the Xiaomi Max 2 meme and still no MIUI 10 global stable and it's fucking based on Android 7 instead of 8 like the other phones getting MIUI10.

Owned Redmi Note 4 and now use Note 5. I don't think I'm ever going back to w*stern sissy phones

I didn't get the Redmi note 5 because of the fucking rounded corners on the screen why the fuck would they do that, it's not even an edgeless phone.

>a tool you use all day every day
>chinkshit
Pick one

>a tool you use all day every day
end yourself, phoneposter.

anyone else here amazfit bip
I feel like it’s the Casio F91W if smart watches

I have a Redmi 4 Prime.
The hardware is great for what it costs, the software support is garbage. The chinks update their miui theme more often than the actual android security patches, I'm still stuck on android 6.1 with the april 2018 patch despite receivibg the miui 10 'upgrade' earlier this month. Even xda pajeets and slavs don't release anyrhing decent for it.
Overall I think it was an okay purchase but didn't really live up to the hype the csg shills whipped up.

as a third worlder xiaomi is the best shit ever

samsung and other big brands just cant compete

Based. Makes you realize just how much you're overpaying for the brand.

Flashing LOS is mandatory but otherwise based.
All phones have exactly same capabilities, why pay more.

>using a phone for anything other than phone functions and reading emails
why do idiots do this?

Get a load of these NEETs

Attached: 1420404925629.jpg (605x412, 49K)

Their logo resembles a (((sheckel)))
You tell me.

>I hate tech convergence
go home, luddite boomer

underrated truth

this

boomers 30 years ago
>ooga booga computers are for cli soft and programming not your multimedia shit and games

I only bother looking at xiaomi phones when I buy phones now

Got stung too many times on "flagships" that got abandoned a year later. Meanwhile my entire family is using 3gb Mi4C phones that are 3 years old now, and they don't ever mention anything about wanting a new one. Xiaomi just now dropped updates for those. Might upgrade them to Mi 9 Lite or whatever the fuck, maybe Mi 10 Lite.

it + gadgetbridge = based

Using a Mi Mix 1 which actually works no problem with Verizon. Not perfect but it still has a headphone jack and literally no other phones are as wide. Every other phone today is 18:9 and yes that fraction of an inch of width makes all the difference when you use the phone to read textbooks

It was good until they went retard and started to follow disgusting trends like notches, 18:9 and removing functionality here and there.

Should have bought the Redmi Note 4, handlet.

They released grand update a few days ago for my (relatively)old phone.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-16-17-34-27-521_com.android.settings.png (720x1280, 101K)

>android 6
>security updates from 04.2017

Still use a redmi note 3 that's served me pretty well actually, longest lasting android smartphone I've had, dropped it so many times and the screens never cracked.

The price was good for the specs at the time I don't run MIUI that shit is awful and full of bloatware, been using ViperOS and more recently Syberia.

you just remove their bloatware and slap the xiaomi.eu roms

huawei>xiaomi

the pens are pretty dang good