I use FireFox

>I use FireFox

Attached: 1503181983640.png (938x902, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice, mee too, sure the best browser out there

gud 1 haha

>best browser
try again

firefox is shit but it's less shit than the others

fpbp

1. palemoon
2. waterfox
3. qutebrowser
4. elinks
93. firefox
94. internet explorer
95. spartan
96. chrome

0. edge

-1. icefox

chrome you mean lmao

ungoogled-chromium

name 1 (one) thing that's is wrong with Firefox. Not with Mozilla, mind you, so keep your SJW seething to yourself.

I like the ui.
The sidebar is godsend.

my fav meme shilled here

*dabs on meme browsers*

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2018-12-16 14-15-07.png (1368x949, 156K)

Palemoon is a furry fork of a very old version of firefox.
Waterfox is nothing more than 64-bit firefox with a few about:config tweaks

GNU IceCat (with preloaded autism addons disabled) is the best browser.

Attached: icecat.png (622x350, 51K)

does chrome still has this terrible UI where you can't even open image aka "view image" like in firefox? Who cares if chrome is faster when all they do with it is change status on fagbook. if you're not woman or zoomer there is no reason to use chrome. it's like willingly crippling your browsing experience. never understood people who use it. and I tried to GET chrome, install it once a few years to check if it's still terrible af. what do you know? it is. all this crap without even touching that it is made my google (lol @ ungoogled fags keep living in your dreamworld)

Attached: 296661-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x281, 32K)

based

1(one). Pocket
2(two). DRM
3(three). Defaults to pulseaudio.
Considering GNU/Icecat.

My fursona is a fox

Don't mind me, just doing a test.

Attached: Chinks_genocididing_minority_Yighurs_.webm (540x960, 2.83M)

I was on cyberfox until it died: it's a fucking piece of shit, as soon as I switched to waterfox I felt like having a 9900k instead of a 3770k.

waterfox is also spyware out of the box so good job

1:
extensions.pocket.enabled false
2:pic
3:
>linux
your fucking problem, you don't even have functional webrender yet IIRC. go contribute instead of complaining since you're so pro free shit

Attached: tard.png (406x86, 5K)

Now that webrender is on by default even in firefox beta, what's next in terms or improvements to performance and others goodies?

Pale Moon is a very optimized and regularly maintained fork of an older version of Firefox using what has become a custom engine, if you're looking for low memory requirements in a browser for Windows that can still handle modern pages and web technologies there isn't much better.

Waterfox completely removed any telemetry services from source, it's more than about:config tweaks and uses noticeably less RAM.

>tree style tabbing
Way to add a massive vertical panel to your screen and waste real-estate.

This
Yeah and it's great, no complaints here

>some loss of horizontal space at the cost of gaining some precious vertical space is bad on a typical 16:10/16:9 aspect ratio monitor.

Good to know you have never worked a single day in your life.

Attached: 09d.jpg (400x400, 15K)

>asking for a reason
>get 3 reasons instead of just one
>insta-tilt like a minecraf-fornite gaymer
Ill bait.
My "problem" is fixed easily with alsamixer + apulse if i want to go pottering free.
Contributing to sjwzilla is not what we need, but yes, i contribute to some proyects.

I'm a furfag and even I don't use ShitFox.
It was the go-to browser 10 years ago, these days it's much worse than the other options.

Attached: 1537666751534.jpg (234x234, 42K)

Don't tell me you actually use widescreen monitors in landscape form?
Portrait 4:3 or 1:1 is for work. Widescreen is for and

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>it's much worse than the other options
got any fact to back that up?

Long, tedious benchmarks and decades of using half a dozen different browsers.
If you're too stupid to do some testing yourself and rely on others, you shouldn't even post.

Attached: 1532860097907.jpg (540x540, 55K)

>benches
servo rips chrome new asshole, they just implement in gradually because of whiny cunts
>other gibberish
damn you're badass bro. kill yourself fucking imbecile incel

Post a picture of your 1:1 displays at work you obese neet larper because I seriuosly doubt any company would comply with such one-off request of equipment aquisition.

I don't care if chrome loads youtube of facebook three microseconds faster. The UI is still terrible and inflexible.

This, the sidebar alone is a reason to use firefox or its forks.

>waaah people don't like my shitty browser
Pathetic.

It completely removed telemetry services?
AFAIK it still phones home to mozzila, waterfox and google (for safe search and shit like that)
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

You've managed capture the true essence of firefox users.

Attached: kitty_mirror2205.jpg (1052x919, 227K)

>muh experience
Maybe you should start building your PCs yourself or something. Your subjective experience isn't a legit criticism.

I use a 4:3 one. I'll make a thread tomorrow at work, it's Sunday and I don't work at weekends in the office.
I use my personal monitor, but I'm not the only one in the building with a portrait 4:3 screen.

>ITT Chromefags-anonymous therapy thread
i-it's not that bad!
i-it's faster in benchmarks!
lol everyone uses it you loser! do you even have an instagram?

Attached: 1386624225908.jpg (345x383, 47K)

See
>Your subjective experience isn't a legit criticism.
There are dozens of browsers and forks in the wild, the only reason to use different ones is subjective. For me it's that FF is slower than other options. That's all.
You pick the least shit one for you personally that works. Being a dumb browser fanboy is worse than being a OS fanboy.

keep using chrome reskins

Pale moon, seriously?

Glad you agree that FF is slow.
The main problem with FF is that the performance in general varies hugely over updates even on a few month timescale. It can be a hugely better at one version and utterly shit at the other and you won't even realize it until you compare or it worse, you notice the 1 second lag it takes to open a tab that wasn't there a week ago.

Attached: 1529652447332.png (611x611, 170K)

Eh, I don't see a reason to switch after testing some other browsers. Also this

Attached: 1514444526824.png (1500x2121, 2.62M)

>fanboying browsers
your hardware can literally mean the difference on what browser runs better for you
it's actually retarded to just use one browser blindly all the time and defend it unreasonable

it's software, it won't cry when you don't tell it you love it

Attached: 1482045982327.jpg (1920x1200, 212K)

Not true, opening 1000 tabs can make EVERY browser crash or all act buggy on my machine except one: Opera

>opening 1000 tabs can make EVERY browser crash or all act buggy on my machine except one: Opera
So that means you didn't just choose Opera blindly without trying any alternatives. His point still stands.

I mean Opera is LITERALLY THE BEST FUCKING BROWSER OF ALL TIME and I will shill and defend it at every chance, it literally changed my life and fuck SJWfox and it's crap RAM usage for making me waste so much time.

Attached: 1511754868700.jpg (1200x1200, 434K)

Do whatever you want, mate. Your argument will never apply to me as I don't hoard tabs, but at least you have one.

Attached: 1537118242077.png (554x439, 160K)

Tbh yeah although I don't use it Opera is literally one of the only browsers that does things the competition doesn't/can't with add-ons or modifications, and it does those things really fucking well, if you can't admit that your an autist

Your a fucking autist, Opera is based on Chrome and will have all of its issues because you bet Opera won't fix them

>Opera is based on Chrome and will have all of its issues because you bet Opera won't fix them

Funny since Chrome starts bugging out when it reaches 500+ tabs and completely fucks up all extensions at around 1000 tabs while Opera can handle that and doesn't shuts down the very same extensions at around 1000 tabs, I use the same session so the sites are practically the same. Explain that.

Then why aren't you using Servo? Oh, that's right, it's fucking useless for any real browsing.

WebRender works fine for me on GNU/Linux but my GPU is so old and shitty I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

the license is a wierd mix of proprietary and "open", the name, logo, and other assets are nonfree.
it bundles proprietary software like .mp4 and pocket.
it sends telemetry data to third parties like clickz and pocket (before mozilla purchased it).
it runs nonfree javascript.
it encourages the use of proprietary services like google, and contacts them every time you open the browser to update its ""safebrowsing"" lists.
sync only works with mozilla, where formerly you could roll your own sync servers.
they shove advertisements in the new tab page, and promote nonfree search engines (google, bing, youtube)
they nonconsenually install "test pilot" experiments in your browser, including one addon that was an advertisement for a tv show.
these actions are contrary to user freedom and additionaly threaten the privacy of their personal information.

dont be mistaken, mozilla is a "non-profit" but they are very much a corporation invested in making enormous amounts of money, not in principles.
all these actions have netted them millions of dollars of sponsorships and other deals over the years.
2018 was one of the highest funds they had raised
instead of opposing google, they have strengthened it by slavish imitation and by gutting their own features.
under false pretense, they promised addon makers apis to make their addons work in webextsion. years later, and these apis remain nonexistent, or worse, have been marked wontfix.
these actions arent innocent, they show a hostility towards the four freedoms (the ability to modify and create) unbecoming of a free software project.
i use icecat for now, but its high time gnu moves to something that isnt dependent on mozillas leftovers, when high quality libre engines like netsurf or webkit/khtml exist.

>the license is a wierd mix of proprietary and "open", the name
Isn't firefox MPL'ed? It's GPL compatible so there is no smell of proprietary there.

>using Firefox for 10 years with no problems.
>read on Jow Forums that I should be using chromium instead
>front page images on Jow Forums no longer load
>adblock doesn't block ads anymore
>crashes every now and then

Have I been memed?

You read some faggot's opinion, Firefox is still the best.

Seems like it.
I'll just reinstall it.
Shitty or not, it was good to me these long years.
I don't have the patience to debug a meme.

I used to go with Palemoon my self user, now I go with basilisk because I don't have to solve 500 captchas. Made by the same team off of a newer Firefox fork so all the add-ons aren't broken.

This

if you must use the fox, make sure to use an esr (including esr based icecat or tor browser), or an unbranded build.
waterfox, basilisk, and pale moon diverge too much from the basis to be usable or secure in modern times.

I use Firefox and Opera.

True
Opera can take up any tab count and in the end it doesn't crush or anything
Stable as fuck

Yup excatly opera is the only one who can handle thousand tabs right

After updating to chrome 71, you're right. Going back to waterfox as soon as possible, now if only I knew a way to fix firefox's infuriating smooth scrolling latency (chrome speeds it up depending on scrolling velocity while firefox takes its own sweet time) and firefox mobile's horrendous scrolling friction

>elinks
better than anything
nigger the only reason to use that is if you want to look at a website and you dont have the x server running

999....9999. palemoon (do not consider): an older version of firefox, but with thousands of security patches missing. maintained by autists with narcissistic personality disorder
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

i mean to greentext that second line

So do I. I like Opera but it looks a little dated. Other than that, it's a great browser.

So is waterfox a meme or better to switch from firefox?
I mean I understand that they remove some things from firefox implement to make it more private and add something of thier own (like support for webp), but it's hard for me to believe that only few people can make or even reconstruct browser and still it will be secure.
On the other hand no one is saying that mozilla is always doing right choices or it have easy time. They dropping live bookmarks and rss because it is "time consuming and there is a lot of readers in addons"

I don't know, mate. Neither side seems particularly sympathetic.