Mfw cheap GPUs

>mfw cheap GPUs

Attached: 1513888825105.png (595x504, 63K)

gayming is for manchildren

I wish every single one of them kill themselves so I can get cheap GPUs

To be fair that's what navi is desperately trying to do after AMD botched vega. In theory gtx 1060 performance for 75W (no pci-e power) and for around $100.

lmao. why didn't you invest Jow Forums ?

Attached: consesnsless_fucked.jpg (422x247, 33K)

Well, fuck

Attached: burning.jpg (498x332, 90K)

I ain't sayin I'm gonna, but it's nice to know I could.

Doesn't the crypto crash just mean the market is going to be flooded with burnt out second hand GPUs? Doesn't seem like a win desu

Attached: 1543796752397.png (1080x1108, 529K)

lower demand means cheaper new GPU

People are stupid and superstitious. No normies buys second-hand. Even if it's a product that can't wear out.

>going to
Gpu mining have been unprofitable for months. It literally consumes more power to mine than you get in coins.

That means you can use the money it would cost in electric bills to buy more coins than you would actually get from mining on your $300 gpu.

The thing is prices aren't dropping. At all.

Yea fuck you too tranny piece of shit.

Tell that to my 120 € new rx 570 4gb that came with games included worth 90€... not dropping at all lmao

with the release of the rtx, i doubt nvidia wants to bother making more 1080s

Yeah me too. All that is next is RAM. Who needs to kill themselves to make RAM prices go down?

seething fat basement gaymers spottet

Seething fat basement linuxfag codemonkey virgin spottet.

Nvidias pricing is insane. Who asked for RRX? Who asked for ray tracing? Cool technology but what most PC builders want is a reasonably priced, power efficient, mid tier GPU for high frame rate 1080p gaming.
It's like smartphone manufacturers adding gimmicky features to justify ridiculous prices.

seething boomer

>cryptoshit crashing
why does this make me feel so warm and fuzzy?

>1080p gaming
make that 4k/120hz gaming

>some years ago

BITCOIN CRASHED WE ARE DOOMED

>few months after bitcoing exploded

>few months after

BITCOIN CRASHED WE ARE DOOMED

>few weeks later it exploded

>flashforward to now

>BITCOIN CRASHED WITH ARE DOOME

untill it booms again and every single idiot that dont have the vision to see the pattent filed for bankrupcy

lol eat shit retard

RUN THE BULL RUN
TO THE MOON
RIDE THE WAVE
BUY HIGH SELL LOW

>GPUs don't wear out
but fans on them do, especially after running for years on near max load

>burnt out second hand GPUs
I've never understood this. Most mining cards have undervolted BIOS. The only issues are the coolers being disgusting and the fans worn out.

Navi should be announced at CES and the pricing leaks are amazing. Equally amazing will be that it means all those mining cards will have to drop in price as well. Set up a SLI 1080 Ti Open loop for the launch MSRP of a single card!

>Most mining cards have undervolted BIOS
That's assuming the miner you buy from knew what he was doing.
A very big assumption for somebody who fell for the crypto meme

Anime watching manchild.

my last mining card was corroded on the PCB

i missed out on the chance of my life, if only i wasnt lazy back then.

block chain IS the future though, and lets hope it doesnt get controlled by the government in the following years (ANY government).

Attached: OFHLYxZ.jpg (640x480, 75K)

>and lets hope it doesnt get controlled by the government in the following years (ANY government).
But that's exactly what would benefit from blockchain the most. Why mess with that dirty, ugly, not-real-cryptography that is proof-of-work when you can actually just plain have a central authority instead. It'd be far more efficient. No more counterfeiting, no more minting of expensive paper money that has an average lifespan of one year, no third party credit card or bank needed. Just a blockchain wallet and a card to access it. It's probably not something that will happen but it's something that should.

>gayming is for manchildren

Gaming is for everyone.

Attached: 9b300a57-e292-4d9f-ab97-87daed93132e-large16x9_grandma.jpg?1469651859982.jpg (986x554, 357K)

i feel like it would just be used as a tool to control people even further.

is not like google that you can just ignore it and dont use it.

But the manchildren told me that it's only for themselves!

Government already controls the money, tho. Caesar's face is printed on it.

>i wish that the only way to make any normal transaction was fully controlled and constantly monitored by big brother with zero chance of escaping his gaze
You should come over to my house, I'll set up a cage in the basement for you. Maybe I'll even come down and whip you sometimes, I bet you'd like that.

Cryptonuts think they can subvert mathematics, but greater men than you have tried and failed.

>even further
>further

Attached: well done.jpg (300x168, 13K)

I'm talking about the reference to the removal of physical currency you dip.

They already have absolute control over the money. They are the sole authority to determine which money is and is not "real."
Blockchain would just add more visibility. I'm not really sure what you're getting at, but it sounds like you have some magically idea of what blockchain is rather than an actual understanding.

As am I. You're a crypto nut and you actually place value in physicality? What, did all Fuck you, you ain't blockchain no matter how hard you try to be. If blockchain was you it'd still be worth 0.0002 cents.

>this many idiots in a thread
You faggots realize that mining has been unprofitable for half a year and the only thing stopping manufacturers from lowering the prices is greed (or the next bullrun, very unlikely atm)

13% layoff is surprisingly tiny when you consider how much crypto has crashed.

Yeah, but if you look at what was happening in the world when bitcoin prices exploded you will see clear economic reasons for it and thus the reasons for it crashing afterward.
So what we are seeing now is the same. There's no economic reason that's pushing crypto up in worth and so it is returning to where it SHOULD be.

control over everything you spend money into.
they'll now know everything.

they'll start pilling up so they either lower their prices or throw them to the trash, are you really this dense?

they'll suddenly find out they are out of money next year and layoff everyone

Attached: 1531811915165.jpg (2115x2115, 2.48M)

>You're a crypto nut
>What, did all Fuck you, you ain't blockchain
>If blockchain was you it'd still be worth 0.0002 cents.
What?

How is Jow Forums holding up

Attached: 1544570827181.jpg (256x256, 11K)

capacitors wear out over time and eventually fail and mosfets sometimes under incorrect loads can overheat and break, this people used those cards at max specs and probably ran their power supplies at max load, if something fails and the user doesn't notice it can damage the whole system.
Buying electronical components from second hand is a risk, its like buying SSD drives that where used as VRAM.

13% was still a 100 or so less of these faggots roaming the streets, begging for a spare half-decaf white mocha (with syrup). And theres still entire industrial lofts full of these faggots about to be emptied
yup. sure as shit

Attached: consensys-hq[1].jpg (598x326, 40K)

all prior bull runs have been because there's been a new swad of people looking to buy in. with this latest one we got bitconnect peeps, we got grandmas, we got all the gullible normies, and now we got bad press enough to scare away the rest.

who do you propose would buy in the next bull run?

It'll probably be another country's economy crashing, like what happened with Cyrus, and to a lesser extent, Greece.

>SEETHING

>implying the us government controls the federal reserve

>believing free market theory applies to gpu monopoly, lmao

I don't play games. It's for running Honey Select mods in Ultra.

Hopefully now bitcoin will take on the role it was meant to have - as an actual currency.

Some old people absolutely love gaming lol. It's called quake and doom.

>dat bottom-right pic

Attached: obamalaffin.jpg (1024x732, 132K)

>Startups going bankrupt
This is what i live for desu

>be in bitcoing mining for shits and giggles
>one day observe how Steve Jobs manipulates the Apple userbase or how crazy society gets from "new" technology being properly hyped
>tech hype, affecting tech illiterates who still yet have a hardon for tech despite no understanding of it
>hype for the concept of tech because it's sciency and makes them look smart to be a "techie"
>decide to start hyping bitcoin
>it has no value now, but as soon as people are hyped about this "new" thing and are swindled with the idea of it being used as traditional economic currency even though its nature is too volatile and has too many drawbacks even compared to paper money, the value will skyrocket by the tech hype in collusion with complete lack of education of the idiots on how economics works and how currency value works
>the first 3 or 4 waves are the only successful ones, because they are banking on the hype inflating value and then pulling out early before the more rational part of society realizes how volatile and idiotic the currency is and starts kicking its default value down while also heavily regulating and shutting down usage
>pretty much a legal ponzi scheme
>rinse and repeat every few decades when the dust settles and new wave of fresh retards is ready to put value and investment into it for the first few waves to benefit
It's beautiful to be honest.

Attached: 1541225513354.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Even the dumbest fucks know to undervolt, it's pretty much the first thing you tune.

GPU life is measured in heat cycles, by the manufacturers.

Cryptocurrency is full of dickheads but id far prefer a card from a miner than a heavy gaymer.

It's fucking hilarious now, a whole board of sob

>4k

he fell for it

Setting up mining software takes more work than undervolting