Creating a website

So I have an idea for website, I have the whole scheme ready - functions, what should it have etc.

The problem is I'm a programming brainlet, I only know HTML/CSS and some Java (not JavaScript)

I can do all wordpress stuff but there are functions for which there simply are no plugins

How should I hire someone or find a partner to do it with me unironically I don't know any developers that I can contact, also wanna avoid overpaying someone who might not get the work done.

Attached: me.png (798x490, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freelancer.com/u/dacp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tell me your idea OP I can help

>"it's the next facebook, i tell ya"
>I'm a (...) brainlet

>there are functions for which there simply are no plugins
like what?

sorry im already making my own killer social media website with proper code, id rather not lend my skills to you who will pay me exactly 1000 dollars to then run away and become a billion-dollar company

Well, you know Java, so just program it in a Java servlet :^)

for now I'll just say it's a job listing-type website but in a VERY specific niche, I have a lot of work/business experience and overall understanding of this field and I'm most certain it has huge potential of success ( as I've said I have everything ready and the only thing left is to build the website I've also done shit ton of analysis of the market and competition)
Anyways, you can contact me on telegram under @ciigo
It's late in here so most likely I'll answer tomorrow

one of these would be registration verification through Viber (if user doesn't use viber, it's automatically send SMS), also Push notifications through Viber and a lot of other stuff
Mostly there are plugins for this stuff but I need to add some functions to them, this for example would be added to gravity forms or some other forms plugin

Not saying it's facebook, also not saying I'm looking for someone to do the thing for me for free, I'm willing to spend a lot of my own resources, but at the same time don't want to end up paying some pajeet on fiverr 1k $ for 2 broken functions

what's your budget?

no one makes websites anymore it’s all about apps

anyway, I work for 10 dollars an hour on freelancer.com, currently doing laravel work for a canadian IT company, would be happy to work on your project too if you can pay me around that.
if you're interested make an account on the site and contact me on my profile freelancer.com/u/dacp

pretty much unlimited, by that I mean I'd be willing to spend as much as needed for it to be done, so around 1-5k $ I guess, It'd rather make it smaller and scale with time. But as I've said I want to avoid spending too much on not needed stuff or things I could do on my own.

>browsing freelancer and fiverr as of now
I'll take a look at it user

You don't want to be using wordpress or php. You should use a full stack so that whatever your doing is scalable and extensible.

At the very least you need something like a MEAN or MEVN stack.

What you want to do with Viber cannot be done with a plugin. It has to be done on the backend. In more detail, you need to use the Viber API on your backend server to get the data you need from Viber, then serve it to the client.

If you want components on the page to update with data asynchronously, eg. the page doesn't refresh when you load more data to the page, then you should be using a frontend framework with AJAX requests.

This is no simple task but it is something a full-stack developer could easily do.

Thanks for your input user, saves me a lot of time researching stuff
I also thought wordpress might not be enough for this. Never heard about MEAN and MEVN is it complex? My main reason for choosing wordpress was so that in future I'm able to at least somehow manage the site myself.

Something as simple as LAMP + js on the client is a "full stack" capable of doing anything you might need.
And WordPress plugins run on the backend, so I don't know what you're on about.

MEAN MERN etc. are using js so you need to learn one language only. check /wdg/ for more info.

ME(A/R/V)N = MongoDB (database), Express.js (node.js server package), Angular/React/Vue (frontend framework), and Node.js.

The technology itself is quite simple and developing apps with this stack is much easier than with php.

Complexity depends on what features you want to implement on the site.

Javascript isn't necessarily easier than PHP. They're both just scripting languages.
It is true that for doing something with PHP you'd need two languages instead of one unless you used minimal or no js on the client side, but on the other hand PHP frameworks are much more mature and there are a lot of pre-made solutions for common things.
If OP wants something somewhat standard.

Thanks for explaining user, as said above I only need one language to work with this?

if you use Node yes. But you might want to list some use cases

Why does web development attract so many brainlets?

I think mainly because most of us use webs/apps daily and are familiar with them, unlike some systems and other software

low barrier to entry because of html and css and full frameworks like wordpress

learn JS, if you know java you know 90% of all other languages already