Can't find decent Ryzen notebooks

Even if Ryzen is not a meme, why are AMD notebooks so rare and terrible?

Attached: images (25).jpg (480x640, 24K)

Because Intel bribes laptop manufacturers to use their CPUs.

What are you smoking? There's literally the best laptop ever with a Ryzen CPU and Vega graphics.
ThinkPad A485, with a 2700U.

We don't even need more of them since we already have a perfect one and it costs new as much as a used Intel one from three years ago.

Attached: t69af28iudl11.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Because they know battery life is important for a laptop, and ryzen laptops max out at like 5 hours on laptops that could get 10+ hours on an intel CPU

>perfect
>not A285
>lower battery life than old intel thinkpad
you must be a special one

How does that work? You know, since the Ryzen ones are 15W while Intel ones the same performance are 45W? And the U variants that run at 15W too are several times slower.

A485 has thrash battery life

Attached: su_bae.jpg (2880x1920, 899K)

>lower performance laptop has better battery
color me surprised

>Ryzen 2600U instead of 2700U
Well, this is all up to you, I thought you'd expect at least proper performance.

>trash battery life
It's 10 hours. But I guess you have this use case scenario where you need 20 that actually doesn't happen.

Shitty drivers, shitty optimisation, shitty power balancing, as usual with AMD?

Does it even boot into linux without custom kernel parameters yet?

What if I don't want a chinkpad

Attached: images (26).jpg (684x448, 48K)

>freedom drivers
>low power usage and heat output
not the laptops fault you can't fix your GNU/Linux installations

As far as chinkpads go it really is the creme de la creme

amd doesn't give a shit about the mobile market, and they shouldn't. laptops are becoming more obsolete by the day.

>reddit
wtf I'm blue team now

how many of you faggot even notice ((performance))? Nobody is gonna care about some benchmark with no real world performance differences. Definitely not falling for the 14in laptop meme when the point of a laptop is to be portable

>It's 10 hours.
And my x250 gets 22hr when I don't use anything and keep it on idle. I am sure you are an NPC that reads reviews and never used one IRL, real world is 6hr I would know.

Le Ipad Pro will replace PCs for work face

Attached: FfWcsBVXH7sNjx7DQEiQ_3zMSqSEJojqQi0Eybteaz8.jpg (640x362, 10K)

They were sued and fined to the tune of a couple of billion by the EU Commission for this. Do they still do it?

Yes because the most fun thing in the entire world is booting into an OS update that could brick your entire dev environment, sounds fun!

Linux in a nutshell

>literally 2 times lower compile time for 3rd of the power
>nobody is gonna notice
kek

>ywn drink from those milkies

Lord take me

Attached: VG0YImQ.jpg (800x786, 72K)

>The laptop that's much faster has a lower battery life than one that's slower, while still having the performance of a laptop with even lower battery life (Ryzen U vs Intel U vs Intel H/MQ)
How is this hard to comprehend?

no thunderbolt, shit battery
>inb4 intlel shill
not a shill, my ideal laptop is thonkpad with ryzen. But thunderbolt is equally - if not more - important for me as the internals.
Hopefully mommy Su fixes this shit with the Zen2

>Up to 10.7 hours of battery life with 48 Whr
>*Based on testing with MobileMark 2014.
This is actually running the CPU and GPU at varying workloads for that whole time, not just idling away with screen brightness at 10%.

out of curiosity, why thunderbolt over usb-c? I've been using usb-c for a few years now on my chinkshit laptop and it works fine, specially for dongle docks

>1360x768

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>FHD
huh?

why do you find the need to make such a comment?

because this is not reddit?

Windows in a nutshell

fpbp. try to buy a dell latitude 5495 from dell. see how that goes for you. i had one but had to ditch it bc it had comoutrace turned on. it ruled. waiting for my a485 in the mail this week!

Attached: 172542.jpg (720x720, 134K)

They're not bribes anymore, they're "incentives."
intel helps subsidize display costs if a manufacturer sells enough intel CPUs. They give away free SSDs, they pay for windows licensing fees, all kinds of shit to bring down cost for the manufacturer.
Companies can't sell an AMD laptop for the same price as an intel one with the same specs and make the same amount of profit. Thats whats keeping AMD out of more systems.

i think its a wink wink nudge nudge sort of deal. anti-competition contracts probably arent signed that specifically reference competitors instead it is speculated that its more in the sense that intel offers discounts for a percentage or volume of dells laptops being intel

Attached: 164745.jpg (1080x1350, 674K)

What? I find her tight slightly transparent sweater hugging her breasts very sexual

Attached: DpMWSh6UwAApeyi.jpg (675x1200, 118K)

got you covered OP

Attached: Screenshot_Brave_20181216-111326.png (1080x1920, 284K)

Not with that dumb frogposting attitude.

I don't know about you, but I actually like multitasking on my laptop, hence why it has to have decent amount of memory and a decent non-corelet CPU.
Otherwise you might just stick to your smartphone.

Because ultrabooks are a meme, you can't just put a good CPU in a meme you absolute madman.

>Definitely not falling for the 14in laptop meme when the point of a laptop is to be portable
12-14 inchers are the sweet spot for usability and portability, anything smaller is a UMPC meme that's just a nice gimmick but unusable for work, anything bigger is a unportable desktop replacement

>no thunderbolt
What? A non-apple product doesn't have a proprietary apple bullshit connector? Oh the humanity!

laptops are shit tho
t. i use one

Last time I checked all of them were with single channel RAM which is absolutely unacceptable. Did anything change?

Dual channel is a meme

Attached: bait.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

>crippling CPU/IGP performance by halving memory bandwidth
>a good thing

Thas real retardit, sir.

Did you forget that it's used by iGPU?

The Thinkpads with Ryzen parts run in dual channel from what I see

But I thought you wanted a good laptop?

all of the shitty ones maybe, buy the thinkpad, Elite books, and even the HP Envy X360 use dual channel

I'd latch onto that nipple like a lamprey

>This is a statement that ends in a question mark?
Fucking retard.

I wish she held a
>hello Jow Forums
sign. :(

Dual channel. Where did you even take the single channel idea from? Did you see one with only one SODIMM installed?

>a question is a statement
kek

Most of them actually do only have one RAM slot though.

young Su a CUTE!

Attached: suh.jpg (580x590, 117K)

Why would she greet a white supremacist website?

But this is 4channel and not Jow Forums, sweaty.

You mean the other way around, most Ryzen ThinkPads (except the cheapest of the cheap Facebook machines ones) have either two slots side by side or mirrored.

Because thunderbolt is basically an exposed PCI, while USB-C - despite being way faster than the previous gen - is still a USB. Also,
> muh eGPU

Thunderbolt is made and was owned entirely by Intel up to a year or so ago.

PC business is a low-margin high-volume affair with very careful multi-year planning.
No one was expecting that Ryzen would be so good and vendors were mostly testing waters if there's any interest in it.
Since it's going rather well for what it is, you can expect better lineup next year when the 7nm Zen2 hits.