/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: 583693155c141cf1dcd78ffa10a8cd44.png (1202x1700, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for stax is based and redpilled

WHERE ARE THE FEET?

Is the harman kardon avr 21 good for hd 650? My o2 broke and i found the 21 in my parents old attic. I'm just curious if i could use it to bridge the time until my dx3pro arrives.

*crushes your skull*
*fills your ears with mud*
*snaps*

Attached: 408492ec37bc1413a0c2.jpg (400x400, 28K)

>stax
yikes

Attached: STAX SR-202 - leakage.png (640x444, 53K)

no, replace it with stax

That's a really excellent looking graph. What are they and how much, $5000?

get tubes for 650s

Nah

Good evening lads, hope you're listening to something fun on your headphones today!

Attached: IMG_20181217_172032.jpg (3903x2790, 1.85M)

I'm the kind of person that thinks that an amplifier shouldn't have it's own sound

Testing my HD800S with an admittedly poor substitute for an amp while waiting for my Atom. It's actually not terrible. But I can definitely hear where the amp will make it sound so much better.

Attached: 1515856669155.png (1150x86, 43K)

Sure, you do you. But in my experience HD6x0 lineup sounds like pure sex through OTL amps.

Why did you skimp on the amp? 800S with atom is just comical, should've gotten a THX 789 or something. Fit and finish are miles ahead.

Because amps are amps (ignoring tube amps of course) and there's literally no point in me paying extra for the THX when the Atom does what I need.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

Yet you paid $1600 for a HD800 + $5 mod. Something doesn't add up here.

Stax incels on suicide watch

I actually got it for $1300. Either way though why should I open up my headphones when I can buy it brand new out of the box without needing any mods?

Is the amp on your interface that bad?

It's not terrible. I feel like the headphones are definitely lacking some oomph that was there when I was demoing them with a proper amp+DAC. Being able to drive them in and of itself is good enough for now though.

How are the he5se?
I have trouble finding reviews

Holy shit LOL did you post that thinking it was a good deal

No.

reminder that topping fixed click-chan and we can recommend it again

>implying clickchan will ever outlive the click memes
*click*

Well, there goes my NoFap streak.

Can someone please break down snapheiser 5xx series for me? Which 5x9 cans replace which 5x8? What headphones are the most neutral and what are the best bang for a buck?

>800S with atom is just comical
How though? Doesn't it power the 800s more than enough?

I assume he thought dropping $1k on headphones meant I had to drop similar amounts on an amp as well.

>I had to drop similar amounts on an amp as well.
Why??? Why do you need to waste money when you already have something that can do it?

That's exactly why I'm not getting a THX when I already have an Atom coming in.

it's like you spend all this money on headphones and then go full poorfag on the amp
if you're shitting away $1300 on a plastic shitphone might as well get a nice amp

>Location
EU
>Source
Laptop
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Flat
>Past headphones
Current Sony MDR-V6, past shit

Okay, so I'm having a hard time choosing between ATH-M40x and ATH-M50x. Went to audio shop, tried M40x and M50 regulars (how much of a difference between exes?). Then salesman offered Focal Listen, said it was on sale and better quality than both ATH. Feels like shilling to me desu. All of those M40x sounded best, especially soundstage. Gonna make music playlist and return few days later to make my decision. Any advice?

>Budget
Up to 300€
>Location
Europe
>Source
Just my desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
These are going to be on for pretty long sessions so max comfort please
>Sound signature
Doesn't really matter

In the past I've just had some shitty cheap "gaming" branded ones. Planning to finally get onto the good stuff. I'll still be using these mainly for games. I've heard people recommend the hd-600's a lot, but I've also heard they're not too great for games because of their soundstage.

Attached: apu.jpg (742x430, 53K)

>returns with a carefully selected playlist to decide on 100 dollar headphones

Attached: 1542662807633.jpg (500x375, 29K)

HD600
HD600

sutacksu

>Which 5x9 cans replace which 5x8?
The ones where x = x.

Those monsters killed click-chan. the clicking was her way of showing you how happy she is to be with you, just like an autistic african child and now she has been silenced forever. I'll miss her cute innocent clicks.

Attached: tears.jpg (957x541, 34K)

Some people say that 559 is replacement for 558 while others claim it is for 518 while no proper reviews and FR graphs can be found online.

I have both and they sound the same to me don't have the equipment to measure it though

I hope she sends 5Vdc into your shitphones and fries them, faggot

But what can that amp do that the atom can't?

>when his Sennheiser model number starts with 5

Attached: 1278991902568[1].jpg (446x400, 90K)

Can you recommend them? I'm struggling searching for good and comfy open hp on a budget.

something tells me spending $1300 on a plastic shitphone was a poor decision for your financial situation

Why do you hate the HD800S so much anyways?

can you tell me how the DT1990s are?

im just telling it like it is

You're ranting on about the price of them and the material they're built out of to someone else who didn't even buy them. Something tells me you're unhappy about them.

why are you trying to psychoanalyze anons on /hpg/? are you unhappy with your life?

literally obsessed

I'm not, I'm pointing out how stupid what you're doing is. There's literally no reason to buy a more expensive amp if you don't need any of the extra features. It's like buying a $2000 guitar amplifier to go with your $2000 guitar when you really only need a small $200 practice amplifier for home use. You're just wasting your money on features you don't need.

>something tells me spending $1300 on a plastic shitphone was a poor decision for your financial situation
I'm not even the original poster. I'm just asking what can that amp do that the atom can't?

>>Requesting purchase advice

>€45-70
>in ear
>Soundmagic E10 (dropped them in cup filled with liquid, now the sound is slightly fucked i think) had unbelievable sound quality for €40

should i also get one of those PC desktop sound AMP for in ear headphones?

amp budget is €50

also everything needs to be from aliexpress or similar.

Attached: 54iuh234f834jf0943430941.jpg (768x768, 57K)

get your autistic click """chan""" garbage out of my thread faggot
you're a sweaty ugly neckbeard and it makes me sick when I imagine your putrid face spewing out faux-cutesy garbage

Pretty fun! Great sounding neutral bass to mid-range that can give you a good rumble on deep bass notes with a brighter airy treble on top. Amazing comfort too, it feels good and cozy to put them on.

>my thread
seething lmao

Definitely they are an amazing value

can't wait until you kill yourself

>I'm not even the original poster. I'm just asking what can that amp do that the atom can't?

Not him, but the Atom is perfectly acceptable as a great headphone amp despite the cost of any headphone

you are making me want to pull the trigger on them so hard. Don't know if i want to spend 500 on a headphone though.

it won't be long before I can finally use my Lambda Nova Signature And SRM-006t

Attached: Screenshot_20181217-105233_Chrome.jpg (1440x1008, 160K)

nice shitphones

>great headphone amp despite the cost of any headphone
That's what I was saying. lol

That's up to you, your budget, and how well you can take knowingly settling for less. The DT880 for example might not be as good overall, but they're much better price/performance value for the ~$160 they go for. Don't bankrupt yourself over headphones.

Took me a while to see it but she is literally lying in trash

Attached: 1512966728229.png (336x376, 32K)

Fit and finish retard I stated it in my first post
learn to fucking read

So it looks cooler, is why I should have spent an extra $250 on features I don’t really need.

wow paying 3.5x as much for a pretty box that drives your magnetfi shitphones

>Fit and finish
I think you're the retard if you just bought it for that.

/hpg is so fucking helpful, look at all this help.

If you could save a bit more then get the msr7s, personally I feel that the m40x has way too much bass

stax

Well I was talking to someone who spent $600 on a $5 mod so I don't get why you're all butthurt.

tin t2

ear dildos arent headphones retard

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Gochuumon_wa_Usagi_Desu_ka_12_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[2CDA469E]_mkv_snapshot_01_05_[20 (1920x1080, 124K)

>muh $5 mod
I don’t live in an area where getting that mod will be cheap, or getting a used HD800 or used equipment in general for that matter. Just going straight for a 800S was a way more practical move.

go here. tin t2 is good I heard.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify that purchase dude

You seem to act like I’m dissatisfied with my purchase when I’m pretty happy about it.

cause you're a dumbass lmao

two things can be true at once
>he's retarded for overpaying for magnetfi snapheisers
>you're retarded for overpaying for a pretty box

cry more bitch

>tin t2
is garbage

Attached: index[1].png (1654x2339, 1.16M)

don't hold your breath kiddo

lol I'm not even mad

could have bought stax

If you say so dear

Attached: 82F53DA7-8348-4D41-AAB6-D73598B5E191.png (500x500, 24K)

Objectively garbage

>DT1990
Nice!
I'm enjoying the DT880 as usual, no music though, i'm actually playing some games while debating what mic i should get or i should sabe for something else.

Attached: IMG_20171031_173105421.jpg (4032x2268, 907K)

ill give it a year

>that inconsistency
>that rollercoaster treble response
Must be chink edifier headphones.

that's sound leakage, not FR

in other words it's poor at sealing and thus a terrible headphone

You're an idiot.

whatever you say bud

What do snapshills always say when we tell them HD600s have no bass?

Attached: 1504750155241.jpg (720x870, 60K)

it's an open back, user