I recently (begin August 2018) switched from Intel to AMD on the CPU front because of budget and what was the best...

I recently (begin August 2018) switched from Intel to AMD on the CPU front because of budget and what was the best option within that budget. I went for an R7 2700X on an AsRock X470 Taichi Ultimate. I can never go back to either Intel or NVidia (went for ATI/AMD in 2008/2009 with the release of the 5XXX family) in the future. It wouldn't feel right. AMD had their fair share of wheelings and dealings, but man, the practices of Intel and NVidia are something that one would expect to find on a mafia godfather's resumé... not on the itinerary of a "well respected, law-abiding" company.

Attached: RBwtLVK3Xsnhr8.jpg (640x360, 16K)

nice blog my dude

I am proud to say i have never bought an Intel CPU. . they are sons of bitches...... i have bought well over 200 AMD chips over the years for both me and people i built computers for...

thanks, don't forget to share and subscribe

i, like most of you (willing to admit or not), wound have never EVER bought an AMD CPU if Intel didn't fuck up so bad this year. holy hell, this disaster will go down in history as one of the worst fuckups.

It was not just the Intel fuck up. AMD really came back in force.

AMD forced the Intel fuck up by being so good.

These.

Intel fucked up because they panicked. Imagine this:
>you're on cruise control for literally more than a decade
>doing the absolute bare minimum to keep going
>still making record profits every year
>all of a sudden out of fucking nowhere
>your competitor who you haven't even thought about in 14 years releases a product
>it not only matches yours, but beats it in many areas.
>and they launch an upgrade to it within a year that brings it effectively on par with yours in all areas
>and they have the next upgrade ready to launch a year after that, at which point their product will be objectively faster and better in every metric

It'd be like training to become a body builder, winning Mr Olympia in 2005, then not training at all for 14 years and coming back, trying to lift the same 500 pound barbell you picked up in your prime. It won't be pretty.

Maybe it's more like
>You're doing 500 while your nearest competition is doing 400
>So over the years you just do 501, 502, 503
>Out of the blue, your competitor has just done 480
>You manage a 520 but they do a 515
>Apparently they'll be aiming for 550 next year and you've blown your back out, there's no more weights coming to your gym and the roids you took to give you the original lead have given you aids

That's a better analogy

>there's no more weights coming to your gym and the roids you took to give you the original lead have given you aids
kek. Don't forget this part
>you start waving money in the faces of your competitor's engineers for them to cure your aids

bought 2700x because intel offerings were so shit
really pleased so far. only single issue i've encountered is blops4 slowdown, but thats optimization + its not like I wanna play that shitty game anyway.

bought AMD laptops during the 2010-2013 period. all of them overheated and died in 2-3 years. the intel stuff I bought are still going strong up to now. I don't how good AMD now is but I still feel they are a subpar brand for poor people

>its not like I wanna play that shitty game anyway
The absolute C O P E from AMDrones
>"I swapped to Ryzen and now I can't play this game as well despite 'UPGRADING'"
>The game is shit anyways

What makes you so sure his performance issues are because of his 2700X? He hasn't even mentioned his gpu.

good post kumar

That was definitely a poor time period for amd, though it's hard to say what role the thermal solution of the laptop plays there.
In any case, you'd be a retard or a gaymurr not to buy ryzen now over intel.

It freezes on intel too. And its fucking cod in 2018, and I'm no longer 12.

My first desktop build was a phenom II amd chip which never gave me a single issue and is still running strong in my parent's PC.

That's because Phenom is based as fuck

>What makes you so sure his performance issues are because of his 2700X?
That's all the information he provided

>He hasn't even mentioned his gpu
He's probably running an AMD gpu too, probably compounding the problem

>You don't blindly support the budget option and all it's flaws, therefore you are a third worlder
Nice one bud

And crashes on pubg and who knows how many other games as well as just being lower performance.

The phenom was as the name suggests, phenomenal. It was the FX series where they began their decline.

>shit games have shit performance
gpu is 2080 btw

Agreed, I'm just contending to him that AMD have made great shit before and they're doing it again now.

history repeats itself. reminder amd sold duo core cpus for $500 back in 2007 while intel sold quad core duos back in 2007 for $300. the intel quad core duos almost killed amd and put them into bankruptcy.

ayymd fanboys who act like amd is their friend are absolutely wrong.

I agree that amd are not your friend, as they are a corporate business, but they're definitely the relative good guys in the current situation, particularly given the long anti-competitive histories of intel and nvidia.

Should have waited for 7nm gpus and CPUs next year but least your mobo is decent so u can drop a 3700x right in get that sweet ipc and clockspeed boost
I'm very happy with my 2700x I'll run it into the ground