Can't get summer internship

>Be sophomore at good CS school
>Get decent grades (3.7)
>Still feel like don't know that much about useful stuff in CS
>Apply to internships everywhere
>Get rejected after passing all test cases on hackerrank
>Feelsbadman

Why am I so pathetic. What do?

Attached: 1520121729_Sad pepe.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Is CS this flooded?

Hopefully not...
But companies still say there is a lack of talent

Are you a...? How should I put it...
A NIGGER? If that's not the case then your situation shouldn't come as a surprise.

Attached: 1544563916058.png (1000x1000, 216K)

I'm a chink (not a fob tho)
So I guess this is kinda expected. But some of my fob/chink/paijeet friends already of internships

Lrn 2 interview they dont want some sperglet that cant talk to anyone and is going to be a bitch to work with

I have a ton of finance internships under my belt so i don't think interviewing is the problem... Can't even get to interview stage. I think I just don't have any of the experience that they want. But idk how to get that if I'm applying to my first internship

If you dress like a human being you'll already set yourself apart from most of the field when it comes to CS

After studying IT for 3 years I've come to a conclusion that to get a job in this field you have to either: a) work on projects in your free time and put them up on GitHub or the like, b) be charismatic enough to pass the interview.
t. didn't study much, applied for an internship for the lolz and actually got that internship

Hiring departments are flooded with lying incompetent scum that deserve the rope.

I was in that boat

It's pretty hard to get any internship as a white/Asian male these days

Luckily full time is 1000x easier

Used the summer to make another bigger project and got tons of interviews and offers

It's all affirmative action hiring practices selecting against true merit, don't worry

Hey fuck the internship man they don’t pay you anyway so do your own internship and make a couple of phone apps or something. You’ll feel a lot more confident with how your theoretical school knowledge melds with actual practical shit you’ll never do in class otherwise.

>>Be sophomore at good CS school
>>Get decent grades (3.7)
>>Still feel like don't know that much about useful stuff in CS
>>Apply to internships everywhere
>>Get rejected after passing all test cases on hackerrank
>>Feelsbadman
you're probably awkward as fuck, i graduated from a shit state school with a shit GPA and still managed to get two internships and landed a full time position with a comfy as fuck salary within a month of graduation. if you can't manage to network for yourself youre better off doing something else, or stop being autistic

Not even phone screen? Might be your resume

teach us senpai

Attached: 1533597258823.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

give me something to work with, autist

this

>CS in a small city with no tech jobs
>shitty professors that only teach us basic old stuff that they barely know themselves and none of them had any jobs outside academic stuff
>have a girlfriend at least (for now)
>got no real practical programming stuff to work with because simply theres no environment in the city to do that
>can't get into a uni project because all their projects is about teaching something to some people wich is i do not enjoy
>my classmates don't care they only want to have a degree

the uni is literally taming me to be an academic shitter. I want to develop something, a portfolio full of REAL USEFUL shit. but i can't because i've been tamed to this deplorable academic stuff. Only now i'm coming to my senses and realizing that the market will not take in.

Attached: 1542252604285.jpg (1920x1200, 517K)

Put that you are a native american on your resume.

>>CS in a small city with no tech jobs
>>shitty professors that only teach us basic old stuff that they barely know themselves and none of them had any jobs outside academic stuff
>>have a girlfriend at least (for now)
>>got no real practical programming stuff to work with because simply theres no environment in the city to do that
>>can't get into a uni project because all their projects is about teaching something to some people wich is i do not enjoy
>>my classmates don't care they only want to have a degree

>its everyone else NOT ME!!!!!!
wrong attitude to have faggot, open source projects? build something on your own? if you have to ask these sorts of questions you're obviously not approaching the problem from the right angle. no amount of bitching about your circumstance will change it. make the changes you want to see for yourself, don't wait for the world to change and bend to your gay faggot will, because it wont

>CS
>not IT plus getting a trade
Lol

> mfw I have a 2.3 and just got a 50/hr internship at 18

But I thought CS students are usually awkward and autist as fuck. Was the stereotype wrong? I couldn't even look someone straight in their eyes.

>mfw I have a 2.3 and just got a 50/hr internship at 18
>50/hr
>at 18
yeaaaa, bullshit on that my guy. what company is gonna shell that kind of money out for a fucking intern?

I've been doing side-work for them for free for 6 months, so I've demonstrated my abilities.

Nice cope

>still hasn't substantiated his claims with anything more than
> YOUR JELLY DUH
ok, children

68968391 isn't me. And I'm not comfortable posting information about it, if you can't accept that I respect your skepticism. But I am not lying.

yes
Yes talent, not entry level coders.

There's a lack of senior level talent. The CS push is a meme started by the fortune 500 companies saying we need talent blah blah roughly 5 or so years ago.

It's all been a sham controlled by social media. Look how successful they were with advertising the "everyone must code meme". All those coding boot camps that popped founded by ex-developers and wanna-be-developers trying to get rich quick with their scheme.

>you're probably awkward as fuck
Not OP, but no shit. I thought one of the appeals of CS was that it doesn't matter if you're awkward as fuck in this field.

Personally don't think im awkward af. I'm on some club sports teams + I've done internships for other companies (in finance and private equity). But I can't even get past the hackerranks for CS

Can't get past hackerranks **even if I pass all test cases

Cope harder brainlet. Affirmative Action barely has an impact. They didn't want to hire an autistic sperg like you.

99% chance he's lying to get (You)s but places with high CoL have wages that high like NYC or Silicon Valley

San Fran

I'm a pajeet (I guess technically Asian. I put that on any application), make, and with a 3.5 GPA. Got an internship with a forbes 250 company and they gave me a full time offer before I started my senior year. I had a couple of projects on GitHub (two was of decent size, one of the two was from a hackathon), showed that I learned stuff that wasn't offered at my school, and showed genuine interest in the field. I'm not that awkward either but I do have a stutter so it might seem I'm having a retard moment occasionally.

Point proven I guess but you doing 6 months of free work was retarded. They jewed you hard.

That's where the company is not me.

Practice more coding puzzles. Interviews puzzles and hacker rank have little to do with your skills, but for some strange reason it's what people hire for. I went to a shit school and got a 2.0 GPA, and had no issues getting an internship or a job because I was good at useless puzzles.

>It's pretty hard to get any internship as a white/Asian male these days
dude businesses put all the diversity hires in HR or whatever. The only people applying for developer positions besides white and asian men is pajeets anyway. AA is mostly irrelevant outside of college admissions.