When will this be abandoned for an open standard so we can play games on Linux?

When will this be abandoned for an open standard so we can play games on Linux?

Attached: directx.jpg (465x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8ZQZD3ln5Jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KVM + LookingGlass

>what is vulkan

/thread

Attached: 1459303827026.png (550x550, 28K)

A hard to program coc'd video renderer implementation that's going to eventually perform WORSE then DirectCrap thanks to who's contributing to it now.

Never. Microsoft actually puts money into the tools and progressing the standard.

that sounds exactly like DirectX 12

When people abandon cuda in favour of opencl/vulkan.

everyone who complains about CoC is either:
>someone who doesn't know how to code
>a Jow Forumstard
>Has Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and should seek medical attention
all of the above add little or no value to any project and are disposable as people in general.

Fuck off, tranny

you've just proved my point.

once microsoft release turdnix

Found the tranny

He did not.

this is you isn't it ya fucking tranny

Attached: 1432987927688.jpg (882x556, 92K)

Fuck off trannytrash.

every game already runs on linux
garbage. DXVK makes literally every game work already. natively

trannies that are gay are great. They turn into a girl and go after a guy
that not only takes 1 guy looking for a girl off the market, that takes 2 guys off the market
if man & women are born at 50/50 ratio each tranny takes 2 men out of the equation. if only 25% of men were trannies that'd leave 50% more women available.

how many of the women you wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole

As if we need more "women available" - the vast majority of these women are broke, hideous single mothers sucking at the taxpayer tit, raising the next generation of criminals.

yea, more in the sea.
yea, so people need to stop breeding with them and pick ones who give a fuck about themselves.

The entire industry is CoC'd, and Vulkan isn't any more hard to program than DX12.

They don't put near as much as Valve and AMD are putting into Vulkan.

Wrong. Microshit buys competition and shoves frameworks down peoples throats. None of their tools have ever been the "best" in the genre.

or maybe they just realise that putting a bunch of arbitrary restrictions on how someone has to act when using a product limits both the people willing to use the product and peoples capacity to actually use the product? you dont think inherent restrictions that someone might not politically agree with makes them think more creatively and better at problem solving? no, psychology dictates that these people will try and take fewer risks and work less productively

languages should be free from CoC's

>on how someone has to act when using a product
Except nobody did this you absolute retard. CoC applies only to developers. It's the SAME SHIT as companies have. All companies have rules on how you should behave. You can't go and call your boss or coworkers retards.
You'd know this if you weren't a NEET.

>implying trying to defeat your opponent in a debate is a mental illness
I'm weary of poz CoC'd projects, specially those who promote coding for wimin, because:
>not everyone is a programmer but always take activist bait
>women have a more human-oriented mind, it's difficult for them to think in a highly mechanical way, such as program analysis, programming, etc
>people who define themselves mostly by their characteristics are less likely to think outside said characteristics
e.g. a tranny will think about muh equality more than program quality
>there are people that delude themselves and otgers that just make shit up and eat their own shit
e.g. cory emhke, that's not a tranny, that's a guy with hair dye, make up and body lotion.
>it takes away a spot where someone highly experienced could be at and gives it to someone that might be good or not but can't be as easily as fired or barred from contributing because MUH EQUALITY
>CoCs that focus on equality of the contributors and not quality of environment make good contributors go away because they know they aren't welcome since they'll be replaced because muh equality
t. programmer
t. never been to Jow Forums (closest was Jow Forums's imptrash but i don't read those)
t. unironically non-meme skeptic

Crazy Happenings
youtu.be/8ZQZD3ln5Jg

thi is what keeps the MS marketshare

t.trany

Vulkan's time will come once the DirectX dinosaur devs start to eventually fuck off and Vulkan starts to be adopted more.

When will we get gpu asembly? Im so tired with working with these archaic pipelines and (((shaders)))

>DXVK
who dis?

how's vulkan support for older GPUs lately? last time i tried csgo in vulkan mode i lost like 20% of my frames.

Even when people use Vulkan, they still don't always code their games for Linux

newfag

if you don't call anyone a nigger in your commits you're in compliance. it's very hard not to be incompliance. 99.9% of contributors need to make no change to their behavior to be in compliance

>someone who might not agree politically
this is just code for you want to harass people and call them niggers or something.

How does feel when literally no one of value likes you and wish you would statistic yourself.

This.
I love how you throw the word "compliance" around, not unlike most totalitarian dictators do.

get fucked tranny.

im not complying with your imprecise subjective worldview and delusions kys thxbai

Simply put, the CoC flies in the face of the very ideals of FOSS and the word Freedom itself. Therefore the CoC is null and void on its face and should be ignored with extreme prejudice.

kek and now the thread stalls, every time the tranny apologists(or maybe Corey itself) loses the argument the thread magically leaves first page

t. disposable subhumans

>Master, slave

>You can't go and call your boss or coworkers retards.
But I do this every day. And they keep their mouths shut because I am the only one who actually gets shit done.

Quick, dilate your infected hole before it heals.

I guarantee nobody ITT complaining about codes of conduct is capable of contributing to a project such as Vulkan.

CoCs are just half of the attack.
You need to have several SJWs infiltrated in the corporation to enforce it.

>loonix
>games
It's you who wanted open sores.

Attached: Doubt.jpg (171x211, 9K)

t. will come to regret ruining their body with hormones and surgery

Kek, damn that was hard core.

>imprecise subjective worldview
There's literally a concrete document that makes up the CoC, retard

Why would you play videogames on a server OS?

>linux
The linux version wouldn't even run on all their gay different distros.

I'd rather have DX made open source or cloning it like React OS is cloning Windows. Still you could not make a linux version of it because of how each OS manages memory.
I wish someone at ROS got to work cloning DX.

Attached: 1388037210451.jpg (350x468, 27K)

when someone will develop proper dev and debugging tools that small studios can afford.

Wine is pretty much option B at this point.
As is DXVK thing

opengl > directx

>garbage
Yeah no. I don't 100% recommend looking glass for low latency and cpu constrained stuff, but otherwise kvm + gpu passthrough + real display is basically a perfect way to play windows games on linux. This is the right solution. DXVK is nice, but it's still buggy, and I find if some games crash in wine/dxvk, the whole display driver crashes, and you're forced to reboot, which is unacceptable in a lot of cases.

Vulkan>Opengl>Directx

software rendering>vulkan>Opengl>directX

It's just not very fast.

that just means the developer is too incompetent to optimise his code

You can't optimize enough to be able to defeat a literal army of small lockstepped CPUs.

You're wrong. Virtualization is not the answer nor solution. It is not running on Linux there isn't a point to use it. You're still a degenerate winfag

There are many points to use a virtualized windows.
Not having your sensible shit on a insecure shitOS, being able to use your machine while the windows updates, being able to recover from the unavoidable patch of death..

retard