Why are there no good horizontal cases?

Attached: 1521070601691.jpg (590x442, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airflow
youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE&feature=youtu.be&t=511
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just turn your computer on its side, like ????

>wasting precious desk space
Gotta squeeze as many monitors across 47" as possible and a sideways case is just going to get in the way.

MUST WATCH!! case makers hate him! Turn any vertical case into a horizontal case with this one easy step!

But that will block half of my intake and some of my exhaust?

Just get an old prebuilt with a case like that and gut it. Pretty sure there are lots of old SFF ThinkCentres available

Better flow, less stress on components, easier access.

This. You can find them on Craigslist for $40.

Cryorig Taku is the newest one I know of, and that one can fit some extremely good parts, if you're willing to go mITX.

node 202 is amazing

looks like a loud ass design

You just got to know where to look.

It has all the modern features, standard ATX board, ATX power supply, 13" gpu support, dual 120mm intakes, 92mm tower cooler support.

It even comes with 'pro' features, like rackmount rail support, 4u form factor, and network leds.

And it comes with fucking handels.

Attached: Norco rpc 432.png (1275x901, 1.97M)

I mean, the only real ventilation is around the GPU fans. If you have a hot GPU and a cool CPU (eg 1080Ti/R7 2700), then it's pretty easily coolable with low fan speeds, since the GPU has a fresh supply of vents.

mATX case by in win

Attached: 11-108-425-02.jpg (720x540, 21K)

What you really want is a server rack with a 4U case.

Attached: DSC_0310.jpg (2304x1536, 1.8M)

Put monitor on top of it
then.

Even 10 years ago I couldn't find a decent horizontal ATX case, the best was one by Silverstone. They went out along with beige cases in the early 2000s.

Contemplating getting an old hp vectra like I had back in the day.
I miss pizza box form factor cases. You can put your monitor on them and then they don't take up any more space than your monitor does.

fractal node 202

altho the monitors aren't as heavy as crts were i doubt most cases' sides would be strong enough, most likely flimsy

I dont know and it pissed me off.

Got a SilverSeries GD8000 or something, cant remember, and it was too fucking short for a VIDEO CARD. So now i have some big ugly box down behind everything.

It's called server chasis, or workstation cases

Thoughts on the RPC 430? I need a short case with at least 5 drive bays and it fits the bill.

Fractal needs to bring back and update the node 605.
Great looking case, just shit/non-existent cable management.

Attached: fd-ca-node-605-bl11000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 224K)

>cable management

Literally doesnt matter

inb4 somebody posts that DELL horizonntal case which I have at work and which I absolutely despise

actual question is, why the fuck the market is so focused on ricer RGB bullshit now?

Not a single aesthetic, clean looking case with glass & 5,25 bays.

bing htpc cases.

There are. Rack mount cases. You DO have a rack don't you user?

that's how market works, child

No shit. But I do remember a time when companies offered plenty of choice.
>child
Probably older than you chap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airflow

you might learn something

Sweet, how is it?

I have pic related
its nice to build in, has a support bar that gives the top some real strength, although the power cables on my 1060 get in the way

its soo nice to beable to just pop the top, adjust something and pop it back on with out all the hassle of taking a side panel off and then taking a PSU shroud off or worrying about shit falling once you unscrew it

Attached: lc17-dimension.jpg (1140x338, 83K)

it doesnt matter as much as you think it does. As long as you dont have your ide cable across everything

I want a silent design like the fractal cases but horizontal

i have this, you cant fit 2 80mm fans at the back, atleast no noctura they are to big.
No idear why it has fan slots at the front when you cant mount them anywhere.

tried to mount that witout railing, DO NOT try it, the front does not hold the weight with 6 or more hdds inside.

Just shove your cables where air doesn't flow

You are the one who needs to learn something about the relation of cable management and airflow.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE&feature=youtu.be&t=511

>4U case
That's a big case.

Fixed

Attached: flow.jpg (1140x338, 69K)

I'd be into a desktop case if i can get one thats quite shallow, Like, no more than 25-30cm, i mean that restricts the GPUs but my desk isn't altogether that deep.