Linux is Trash General /litg/ #42342343

>try to install Linux (fedora)
>installer fails to start
>finally does but throws errors about PID or something
>fails to create necessary partitions
>finally does
>boot up
>black screen for 5 minutes, something that looks like my login screen, black screen for 5 minutes, finally login, black screen for 5 minutes, finally see my cursor, but everything else on my screen is black
>go to reinstall
>somehow my bios is now bugged with random Korean characters on my screen, and can't select what I want to boot from from this quick select screen, have to go to the full bios screen and select which device I want to boot up first, then restart
>restart, try to reinstall, stops at 100%
>reboot, doesn't work of course
>reboot again and go back into bios and select liveusb, restart
>try to run dnf update, error lack of disk space on my usb
>okay whatever
>install opensuse
>actually loads up this time but if i move my mouse onto the right screen the whole thing freezes and my mouse disappears, also black boxes keep appearing on my screen
>unplug one of monitors then restart
>finally get both of my monitors working
>still freezing quite often, clicking on anything will often cause the computer to freeze for 5 seconds
>open terminal, try to install SDL2
>package manager freezes, Ctrl-z and run sudo kill pid 4350
>doesn't do anything
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY THE FUCK IS THIS SO FUCKING BUGGY???????????????????????????

Attached: i.jpg (321x320, 11K)

Oh yeah I forgot
>takes 10 minutes to log in
Why the fuck is everything so buggy and slow?

>no replies
Proud of you guys

Haha except this actually happened to me. I tried to install fedora again because this shit was so buggy except this time with a different distro but I forgot the installer hangs at 100% so I got to waste some more of time. Thanks. Does anyone bugtest this shit? I've seen about 20 things I would consider bugs and I haven't even gotten to use the OS yet.

I mean different desktop manager

nvm I figured it out

Okay finally got fedora with xfce to install, and I'm still getting ten second lags every five seconds. Nice.

Been waiting for 3 minutes for my desktop to unfreeze so I can type in my wifi password and try to see if installing updates fixes it

Install gentoo

Still haven't been able to connect to wifi yet because the entire computer is unresponsive

>type in wifi password
>hit enter
>nothing happens
You can not make this up

Attached: IMG_20181218_003940131~3.jpg (4073x1903, 3.49M)

Fake and gay. Linux is indeed trash but OP is just a lying faggot.

>He fell for the Linux meme

Found the newfag.

Attached: 1543984345649.jpg (414x465, 49K)

I'm not fucking lying. This actually happeneded. Now my taskbar has disappeared. See look. Should be on the top and bottom. Just crashed. I'm going to try restarting hopefully I can log on this time.

Attached: IMG_20181218_004750590~2.jpg (2876x2775, 1.37M)

Here's some proof actually this is what it did to my bios

Attached: IMG_20181218_005200818~2.jpg (3542x2280, 2.18M)

Absolute madman

Now the fedora installation doesn't even show up at all. Guess I'll just try Linux mint and see her that fails.

image showing

Attached: IMG_20181218_011232162~2.jpg (3573x1726, 1.86M)

Just give up and install winblows 98

unironically install gentoo

>trying to install linux on a damaged hardware
>durrr it's not working
sasuga bureinrettu

Because you have no idea what you are doing retard. Imagine trying to drive a semi if you've only driven a car, sure, you'll get the basics down, but as soon as you turn a tight corner or have to back up into a tight space, you're fucked. Do yourself a favour and stick to what you know.

I had arch installed at one point but last time I used it I had several things break after one day that I had working just before so I stopped using it because I was finding it too frustrating to fix a couple of them. I decided next time I'd install Linux it would be a retard friendly os.

Try Manjaro, it's based on Arch, no setup needed, automatic driver detection and installation and far more stable. You get the benefits of using the Arch community as testers without having to worry about checking announcements to see if there's something you need to do during an update.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1497724874189.jpg (2304x1728, 976K)

Linux is good. Windows is good. Mac is meh. But here's the thing why I use Linux: it respects my freedom. Yes I'm a proud GNU Faggot.

Alright I'm trying that out now we'll see how it goes.

You're too stupid to use Fedora or OpenSuse. Maybe try Ubuntu LTS.

>freezing and black screens are the user's fault
Redpilled

Guess you're not even going to try it then. Go back to Windows you fucking baby.

install gentoo

manjaro is easy as fuck to install, which is great because it bricks itself every fucking week

your hardware is fucked. Memory or gpu is failing.

>I decided next time I'd install Linux it would be a retard friendly os.
>tries fedora
Its not Arch, but its not friendly at all.
Try ubuntu or mint for casual experience

how did he do that?

hey i updated from 16.04 to 18.04 recently and now my xampp stack stopped working, only the mysql database wont start, please help

> I shoudn't click next like a massive retard
>It's buggy

I've been using Manjaro for quite a while and it hasn't once bricked. Are you using stable? Or are you doing something retarded like using unstable?

He studied the blade

>fedora
>pebkac
found your problem

you have a hardware problem

when will linux fags ever learn?

Attached: free fragility.jpg (1440x1080, 694K)

ITT: actual brainlets with ~90 IQ

Just install Ubuntu. It just werks. Stop getting memed by CS undergraduate edgelords.

Didn't I tell you to not try Linux, because you're probably too stupid?
Leave sophisticated software to sophisticated people.
Go back to Windows or buy a Mac.

>o.68972020▶
>File: IMG_20181218_003940131~3.jpg (3.49 MB, 4073x1903)
try typing in the password into the wifis security settings. yeah I know it's shit

God I wish that boy was me

run memtest86

run memetest86

See:
/thread