MPV + 10bit

>download anime
>all autistic weebs create meme tier 10bit shit
>use MPV
>random scenes get darkened because mpv thinks some pixels are supposed to be extra bright or something so it darkens everything to compensate
>looks like shit
is there a way to disable the auto mapping feature or whatever this is called?

Attached: 1519747586060.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mikejung.biz/Windows_8.1_MPC-HC_and_MadVR_Setup_Guide
mpc-hc.org/
gist.github.com/l4n9th4n9/4459997
x264.nl/x264/10bit_02-ateme-why_does_10bit_save_bandwidth.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is to prevent epilepsy.

just wait the BD version.

is it hdr? i've never had that happen to me.
try hdr-compute-peak=no

but I don't even have an HDR monitor. can I not disable this shit?

tried that, no luck.

Attached: 1527361348330.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

open stats screen with i and screenshot

Attached: 1522312372005.jpg (1277x1205, 284K)

No, only BD version.

Sorry.

fuck it, I just opened it with MPC-HC, the darkness is apparently part of the scene, but the colors are very muted in MPV compared to MPC-HC

Attached: 1521006901543.jpg (1249x1269, 137K)

try without hwdec or with a blank config

Isn't this done on purpose by this studio? to prevent epileptic seizures?

yeah the darkening it at the source, but the colors still look shit when compared to MPC-HC.

This is what happens when you copy random configs off Jow Forums.

mpc hc + madvr

hwdec=no

Stop using garbage software.

yeah I've setup MPC-HC as default player now.

>madvr
not sure how to set that up after I install it. so I haven't downloaded it yet.

The dark scenes have nothing to do with the codec or your playback.

Japanese TV is super paranoid about "MUH EPILEPSY" and shit, so they purposely darken or reduce the contrast of broadcast material with bright, or rapidly changing colors.

As
Said, wait for the blu-ray disc release. If the studio didn't darken the scene themselves, then it'll be at full brightness in that release.

Stop copying random configs from online. Learn what shit does and adjust it all yourself.

>Stop copying random configs from online. Learn what shit does and adjust it all yourself.
I never copied configs, stop pulling assumptions out of your ass. MPC-HC just does colors better than MPV.

Works on my machine, so {You) had to do something wrong.

MPV is only good for low end computers, don't fall for the meme and get MPC+madvr instead.

yeah? put MPC-HC and MPV side by side and check the colors.

>madvr
how2setup though?

looks like this for me on mpv.

Attached: 1544693548393.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

your source is different.

wiki.mikejung.biz/Windows_8.1_MPC-HC_and_MadVR_Setup_Guide

five seconds on google

mpc hv > view > option > output > directshow video > select mad vr

in madvr settings
processing > artifact removal > reduce banding

>all autistic weebs create meme tier 10bit shit
Fuck off. 10-bit is amazing, mate.

>encode my chinese cartoons bdmv with x264 8bit
>comes out smaller or same filesize as x265 found on nyaa
>mine looks better
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, AVC vs. HEVC is a whole different discussion.

Nope, it's the most retarded shit ever since wireless headphones
>hurr durr lets break industry standards and break compatibility with hardware decoders including p. much every mobile device because AUTISM

Post the source

Works fine on my PC while providing a better quality at the same bitrate. Why should I care about people watching anime on their phones?

Because the quality difference is minimal or none, it's not only phones, it's lowend computers, tablets, raspberry pi, blu-ray players, TVs. List goes on and on, just increase the bitrate a tiny bit if it really makes all the difference and you can have an encode that works on a much broader range of devices and the same quality.

That's the case with every change to video encoding. Improvements are incremental, and it's often not possible to maintain backwards compatibility.

Yeah I would complicatedly agree if we are talking about real differences like h264 vs h265 where the difference in size/quality justifies breaking backward compatibility, not when difference is minimal to nothing.

Encoders are like ricers, only worse. They'll tweak and tightwad and put as much retarded shit into the video as they can because they're fat ugly weeaboo loser NEET faggots with no lives who spend hours obsessing over autistic codecs that make 0.00001% difference while breaking compatibility with people who don't want to tightwad and rice their shitty video players all the time because fuck people who aren't loser NEET faggots with no lives.

Attached: 1524791632091.jpg (323x396, 34K)

Poor-efficiency encodes using older standards aren't going anywhere, so there's no harm in people also try to squeeze better performance out of the newer standards. You can always transcode backwards if you really need to.

I'm not an autistic faggot, cartel bootlicker. Stop giving excuses for these subhuman degenerate tranny NEET scum who use special snowflake codecs because it's the only amount of control they will ever have in their pathetic existence.
>inb4 triggered cartel bootlickers

Well, it's not the scene's fault that most vendors ignored the Hi10P spec when implementing the hardware accelerated decoders. Modern Apple SoCs actually support both 10-bit HEVC and AVC video streams. Just stop trying to watch your anime on a fucking toaster, loser. Even C2D can decode Hi10P without issues. Also, we talk here about piracy, so nothing is stopping you fags from getting BDRemuxes and making your own rips.

>or none
Not true. Even with high bitrates there's a noticeable difference.
What I can agree with is that it sucks if something is only available in 10-bit. Ideally groups should release both 8- and 10-bit encodes. 8-bit for compatibility, 10-bit for max. quality.

You can always stream your media, if you're so against them :^)

t. seething third worldlet

That's why I only download RAW. Fuck these subhumans

That's why I only download RAW. Fuck these subhumans

u guys are super gay

what kind of a /b/ tier post is this?

Attached: 1519893779842.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

What happened to you?

mpv it's properly rendering the colors, your MPC-HC isn't using color management
If you enable it on MPC-HC they will look equal

>If you enable it on MPC-HC they will look equal
how? also I'm using madVR now

On madVR it's a shitfest where you need to generate 3DLUTs using third party software, if you're using madVR you can't use MPC-HCs built-in color management
On MPC-HC iirc it was under the rendered settings that showed up if you right clicked the blank space where videos are shown before playing anything

This. Broadcast copies are always shit and filled with darkened, motion blurred fucked up scenes whenever there's action ever since that one Porygon episode in Pokemon. Just stick to BD releases.

I use mpv exclusively, and I noticed that with the latest GJM release my laptop gets way hotter than when using, say, HS.

MPV sucks ass, move on to MPC-HC

>MPC-HC
I did a yay -S mpc-hc, but there was no software found:
==> Error: Could not find all required packages:
mpc-hc (Target)

You got the source package? I'll try compiling it myself

Maybe he meant mpc or ncmpcpp ;)

mpc-hc.org/

>better quality at the same bitrate
Is it a meme? How can 10 bit HDR support increase quality? It is just bullshit

10 is more than 8. check mate user.

just download Kawaii Codec Pack
almost everything is set up from the box

But with same bitrate it will be the same amount of information...

mate I'm not the guy you were arguing with, I just made a joke.

>My Hero Academia
>(Dual Audio)
(You) deserve it

Attached: 1487831162252.png (348x310, 189K)

See
gist.github.com/l4n9th4n9/4459997
x264.nl/x264/10bit_02-ateme-why_does_10bit_save_bandwidth.pdf
Also following this logic, there shouldn't be a difference between using the ultrafast and placebo preset as long as you use the same bitrate. As it turns out you can use the same bitrate more or less efficiently though.

This is why I still use MPC-HC 1.8.3.

both look like shit to me

Your first link have explanation why this is bullshit in comments.

Second one have no calculation at all, typical marketing crap.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1033x760, 68K)

>unironically watching shounen garbage

i download 720p h264 8bit exclusively cuz any potato can hardware decode it. too bad only really ohys-raws make such releases so i have to source subs from somewhere else (usually erai-raws for new releases). mpv works fine for me.

Attached: Untitled.png (961x575, 1.01M)

Half of his arguments refer to shitty Google results and how those Google results made unfair comparisons.
Once I get to my main PC I can post a quick comparison between 8-bit AVC and 10-bit AVC. There is a noticeable difference, which anybody, who actually encoded both ways and compared the results, should know.

The fuck, everything from the last 5 years plays x265 HEVC. We can’t not make progress because of poorfags. For those the shitty x264 rips still exist.

There is a fucking massive difference in quality to.

Okay, please post file data and encoding settings as well. I really can't find any rason 10bit should save bw, but le't find out truth starting from experiment

>when your powerlevel is so low you think 10bit made your Tibetan Sand Mandala too dark

Attached: GorgeousPreciousLcont-small.gif (500x370, 677K)

He's wrong tho.
I mean, he's right in that specific scenario, but overall wrong if you're still talking about why anime are encoded in 10 bit.