Is the Intel management engine/AMD platform security processor a security and privacy threat for the average desktop...

Is the Intel management engine/AMD platform security processor a security and privacy threat for the average desktop user or just a boogeyman Jow Forums ignorantly whines about?

Attached: 1528684800623.jpg (720x960, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2018/02/26/government-can-access-any-apple-iphone-cellebrite/#7db93950667a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Definitely a boogeyman. Average user has much bigger things to worry about than spooky intelligence agencies exploiting backdoors which have never been proven to exist.

IME BAD.

IME can be accessed remotely if enabled, PSP can not.

But neither of them are a huge concern for end users, since anyone with physical access to your machine can just rip the drives out and decrypt them. The only people who need to worry are industrial companies with trade secrets for China to steal.

if your computer stored nuclear launch codes then I'd worry. Nobody cares to hack your email and read your spam though

Lol, and how would they decrypt my drive brainlet?

Same way they decrypt everyone else's drives. Built in backdoors.

>you have to be a chad
yea right

Such as??? They don't have the encryption key and they don't have the processing power to break it.

If we knew, we'd be able to patch them out. But that's what they thought about the iphone, now there are services to decrypt iphones for about $3500.

>i wish I was at home playing mario kart
>her perfume smells bad
>my feet hurt

Imagine if key gets leaked.

If use Windows there are backdoors they can access.

>PSP can not.
Short memory you must have.

>talk with chad taking photo of this
>make a bed that you can bang these whores
>chads agrees
>get these hoes drunk, by help of few other chads
>get some drugs with help other chads
>get the hoes high as fuck
>invite the hoes to play some undressing poker or some shit
>chad is in on it
>the hoes are almost butt naked
>invite hoes to do few more lines of coke
>get them fucking naked
>chads burst in as you have your giant cock up there ass
>film everything while the hoes dont even realize it
>be forever legend
honestly this plan almost worked for me once, i got them almost naked, but i was to pussy to actually undress myself while playing poker and didnt actually finish the plan

When you are a child and a child molester at the same time

That's rape, user.

Yeah, cite your source then. I use linux.

and thats whats wrong with society these days

>keys get leaked

Lol, omg how dod the boomer get here? Yes, the feds went to torvalds and took the keys from him to Linux. Do you assholes actually think this is how encryption works?

forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2018/02/26/government-can-access-any-apple-iphone-cellebrite/#7db93950667a

They can hack any iOS or Android device. This by extension means any Linux or BSD system.

Android doesn't mean all linux systems. Lol, android runs its entire environment in a vm. That's a vulnerability specific to android systems. Try again, I'm not talking about cloud here. I'm talking about my local machine. You're not getting shit out of it.

Continued, I just skimmed the article. No where do they mention an exploit on android anyways. Try reading your own source.

>To take advantage of the Cellebrite service, which "can determine or disable the PIN, pattern, password screen locks or passcodes on the latest Apple iOS and Google Android devices,

Great skimming job.

Automated surveillance is cheap and easy and gov's resources are practically infinite so yes, it's a threat.

Cool... they can figure out the pin on a phone. Again, I said they don't have the processing power to break the encryption on my computer. A 4 digit pin isn't cryptographically strong. 4 digits offers less than 32 bits of entropy. That's a joke.

You idiot they're bypassing the entire encryption scheme.

Also, unless you're logging in with a smart card containing a 4096 bit key, they have the processing power. Depending on what you're hiding it may not be worth the time, but they can fuckin do it. You're not logging in every day with a 64 character random string containing unmapped ascii characters.

Says who? Them, with what evidence? Snowden leaked the nsa can decrypt 1024 bit encryption if they have several hundred million dollar supercomputer and several months to break it. You realize each additional bit doubles the complexity? You can't get shit out of my computer. There's nothing important. I just encrypt the home folder on my laptop in case ots ever stolen. I don't want some low life stealing my identity with it.

You don't have a 2048 bit password. Don't even pretend you do.

Salt your key

That would require using the intel management engine.