Be me

>be me
>be 132 IQ but braindead in practical terms
>decide to go for CompEng degree in uni despite very limited programming skills
>learns things rather quickly, faster than the rest of class, even coding autists
>get good grades, better than most coding autists
>halfway through bachelor now
>only intermediated knowledge on Java, C and Python, datastructures, algorithms and some hardware theory
>still never had my own project
>still no idea how to make a program outside terminal or simple GUI
>still no idea how to make .exe files
>still no idea how to use most of Linux software, or even bothered to set up a linux distro
>still no internships
>limited social interaction with fellow students as the Uni is an hour away
>made 0 network with teachers

I am getting so damn stressed guys. I don’t know what to fucking do or where to start. It came to a realization a few months ago that I am going to be worthless in the current job market if I don’t do anything about this.
I’m seeking advice and I really hope you can help me out, like giving ideas for my first project, links for stuff to read etc.

Attached: 532456664.jpg (640x960, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mingw-w64.org/doku.php
github.com/AuroraDAO/idex-api-docs
youtube.com/watch?v=f3Ion00p78M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go get diagnosed for your autism, then claim disability.

it's not autism that causes the lack of social interaction. It's the distance. If you had a uni that took 1 hour every day to commute to, and you are also a wagecuck, would you be able to maintain lot's of social interaction outside lectures?

>132 IQ
Doesn't mean shit if you never actually apply yourself.

Tested IQ of 142 here.

Have you tried googling the answers?

You are on a computer right now
Remove Windows
Install a linux distro

Then consider something braindead easy as a first project
Like a todo list

I'm at uni too, cpt. Autism.
Go to *any* society.
Go drink yourself into a coma like everyone else.

It's not hard. Get diagnosed.

oh yeah, the reason why I haven't installed Linux yet is because I cannot find my Windows installer. I am not the only one using this PC, so if it just turned into a terminal, my gf would be sad

ok kid

Ur welcome :3

won't even thank you

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 41K)

If your gf complains then tie her up and spank her. That's what I do with my wife when she doesn't comply.

k

Attached: f6bfda7f1c87c1198ac85fa793916f8b.jpg (724x1023, 443K)

based

I learned how to make guis during highschool because C seemed pretty cool but I wanted to know how guis are actually work so I started learning myself.

Get an internship NOW!

how?! The applications I can find require
>knowledge in SQL/MongoDB
>be able to participate development/interpretation of analytics, machine learning and AI
and there's just 1-2 available at any time. Some even require me to have finished my Bachelor

Yall IQ fucks say your IQ score but not the scale (unit). That's not how any of this works.

Wechsler scale

Your gf has no business using your computer. Set some boundaries. Tell her it's for school and your work is important. It's not a toy.

Scale unit? Wtf are you talking about? It's a gaussian distribution and 100 is the mean. That's pretty standard

but she plays games and watch anime on it

Exactly, and you have legit work to do. Where's her computer?

are you a mensa member like me?

Exe is just a "compiled" program I think people call it. I turned some of my batch files in windows into executes to link it to task scheduler

that's what I mean. I don't know how to turn a fucking compiled terminal program into an .exe, be it Java or C

install git for windows

Using the git bash emulstor use gcc

gcc foo.c

And that will create a .exe

That is literally as easy as googling 2 minutes and throwing a couple of commands, what the fuck man.

he's probably measuring in kg

>implying programs outside of command line matter

No but seriously man just go learn a web framework like Flask or Django and make a simple app. Everything else is just command line stuff, at least at the jobs I’ve done python

OP since you're fixated on creating .exe files go to

mingw-w64.org/doku.php

It's the gcc compiler for windows. You'll be able to write C or C++ programs and have them compiled to .exe Windows executables. You'll program just like you would in a linux environment. It's the same compiler ported over to Windows.

That was bad advice anyway, install Linux (Ubuntu probably) in a virtual machine like virtual box instead of ruining the computer you need for school.

>limited social interaction with fellow students as the Uni is an hour away
You probably have some kind aspergers, get tested and join some asperger support group, there you will meet people and learn how to make friends even if the uni is at 3 hours commute time.
And even then, man up and learn to live with the 1 hour commute time. Almost everyone has long commutes time to uni, some even longer than 1 hour.
Literally just google it.
>still no idea how to make a program outside terminal or simple GUI
That's what all programs are for unless you want to make a service.
>still never had my own project
That's a problem I have, and I generally fixed it with making either modding for vidya or my own little vidya simulators, and thanks to that I got into basic AI programming, ANN, and now I do my shenanigans with vidya style AI programming in virtual combat arenas.

If you really want to have a "project" of your own, you need to make a project that is related to something you like or you will drop it halfway through or never even start.
Just review what hobbies you have, and what you could do that would be fun for you, and in which you can apply your skills. Or try to find some kind of repetitive task that you do frequently and that you can use your programming skills to help automate it or at least partially automate it.

Attached: hug.jpg (600x553, 25K)

I really don't know how you managed to go through half your bachelor without creating some projects at home or just some coding for fun. If you picked CompEng you must be interested in it right? So where are your projects or shit you mess around with at home?
I started CompSci a couple months ago and it really made me realize that you really aren't gonna learn anything beyond 'basic' stuff in different programming languages unless you continue with them at home with personal projects and continue learning.
For example I had a Haskell course and I only did the coursework necessary and didn't care about it in my freetime but passed with good margin. I really feel like I didn't learn shit from that course besides really basic stuff. Yeah sure I learned 'how to code' in Haskell, but nothing more beyond that, not like I'll have any practical use for Haskell.
You really just gotta start with your own projects and you'll realize how much more you'll learn from that compared to coursework in uni. A fun project I'm going to start is a Discord bot running on my pi that'll be able to do various tasks as booking laundry room, unlocking front gate, turning lights on and off, etc etc. I feel like that project alone will teach me more than any basic course in python ever could.
One important thing is to think of a project that interests you, otherwise it'll just feel like 'uni work' and you'll abandon it after a while.

ditto, run a virtual machine and kick the lady off when you need the machine.

>still no idea how to use most of Linux software, or even bothered to set up a linux distro
Same as with the "I don't have a project of my own". I started with linux thanks to making vidya stuff, as I needed lightweight servers for some of the more complex AI stuff, like agents and ANN.

IMO you can tell Jow Forums to fuck off with programming languages/OSs and all that evangelism.
OSs and programming languages/frameworks/libraries/etc are tools.
And you will use whatever tools you need for the work you want to do. If you see you lack tool for a particular work, I assume you are smart enough to research and find one that works for you. And if it so happens to need linux as OS(with AI it happens frequently to me, with vidya windows generally works), then you will learn all the stuff related to make your tool work, and develop your project.
>still no internships
You NEED to know what you like to do, and what you are GOOD at. And then aim to a field of work that both of those AND it pays well to get out of your parent's basement.
That is something that an user like me can't help you with. It is up to you to review yourself and ask yourself the questions needed.
>made 0 network with teachers
They can fuck off.

>I’m seeking advice and I really hope you can help me out, like giving ideas for my first project, links for stuff to read etc.
Besides all this I told you. If you have the financial support to keep studying, my only real piece of advice is: Get up of your fat ass and go outside.
Seriously. It seems you don't know what the fuck to do with your life, and the only advice I can give you is to get outside and learn. Answers won't come magically sitting in front your computer, asking random anons.

Attached: 1450663331452.jpg (670x424, 127K)

Kek.

60 IQ brainlet here then.

so I write a hello world program, compiles it with GCC and whenever I run it the exe it launches cmd with hello world?

IQ 145 here
Use stack overflow for answers (make an account) and for your projects, just look up something from top 100 smartphone apps

IQ 147 (yep, just increased it by 2 points) out

>You probably have some kind aspergers, get tested and join some asperger support group, there you will meet people and learn how to make friends even if the uni is at 3 hours commute time.
I AM NOT AUTISTIC FOR FUCKS SAKE
I've stated before, it's not easy when I have work that starts 4pm which gives me exactly 0 time to stay in Uni as I have to leave right after classes end

Otherwise, great advice. I do have an idea to make a "mod" of Project Reality but I have a feeling it will require too much time as it would be a two man project IF one friend I know can do modelling.
I don't even know where to begin. There's very few people who mods it otherwise and there's no YouTube tutorials and such

I would love to make my apartment "smart" like you but I'm a poorfag

Try it yourself dumbass

I actually have one project, but the problem is that I don't know where to start at all

I follow some shitcoin development on Telegram, a shitcoin made by some Silicon Valley devs. I consulted one of them regarding my retardedness, and he gave me a mission to create a python script to execute buy orders on IDEX automatically through hitting some subscribe button. He then gave a link to the following github repo
github.com/AuroraDAO/idex-api-docs
But I don't know where to start! Of course, I would have to use some of these variables, but how do I "integrate" these "libraries" into my project?
How do I even write in python outside the online compilers I've only been taught to use?!??!

One hour one way commute is still good. You're spoiled if you think that's a long commute.

This thread is proof that IQ scores don't really mean shit

woops, you need to install mingw64 as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3Ion00p78M

Watch the first 5 minutes and it will show you how to install mingW64.

then you can write some programs and either call gcc from git for windows or use cmd.

allright, installing Ubuntu on VirtualBox after some mess with Intel Virtualization not being enabled in BIOS
I really want Ubuntu to launch in terminal mode at first. Is this possible?

kek
alt control f2 to f6 on the login screen give you login terminals. The alt control F1 is the graphical session, you can end it login to a terminal and running as root service gdm stop (change stop to start to get back). But I don't know why you want that, after installing normal Ubuntu for desktop you could install Ubuntu server on a virtual machine to test out how to configure it, and you can even use the virtual machine to create a web page you can access from anywhere. Also, for starters you could install Ubuntu server on a virtual machine from windows, but then you don't have the terminal tools from a Ubuntu install natively

You can also buy a raspberry pi if you want to fuck around with linux on a separate machine.

>I AM NOT AUTISTIC FOR FUCKS SAKE
>I've stated before, it's not easy when I have work that starts 4pm which gives me exactly 0 time to stay in Uni as I have to leave right after classes end
Sorry mate, I haven't read the whole thread(actually skimmed it and it was hurr durr IQ so I just ignore it).
>I've stated before, it's not easy when I have work that starts 4pm which gives me exactly 0 time to stay in Uni as I have to leave right after classes end
Then you already have made the decision between work/money or friends/freetime/socializing.
>IF one friend I know can do modelling.
Unless you want to do the modelling yourself, and invest a fuckhuge time in learning 3D modelling, drawing/making textures, UV maps and all that jazz, I suggest you to either stick to modding games that you can re-use already existing assets, or look to mod some other game in which you don't:1) depend on other people 2) need fuckhuge skillset that either isn't a hobby of yours or isn't related to your work/studying.

AFAIK unless Proyect Reality devs are looking for help, the only help about it that you can get is asking in their forums and GL with that.

Joining some opensource mod/game, that needs code monkeys and bug hunters is always a good idea, specially as it will teach you how to work in a team of people, and sharpen programming and teamworking skills that you will need in the future when you get a real job related to whatever your specialization will be.
Also you will learn and enjoy Open Source Drama. Picrelated.

Don't know if troll or legit but I'm gonna answer anyway.
>How do I even write in python outside the online compilers I've only been taught to use?!??!
Literally google it. Python has such a shitton of how to use IDEs like PyCharm(there shittons of tutorial for it), and how to use libraries that is one of the easiest programming language to get into by yourself.

Everyone but Jow Forums and /sci/ knows that already.

Attached: only me.jpg (1440x900, 410K)

you need to know the standard deviation, retard

oh, and it's normal, not gaussian

>Yall
get out lashawn
niggers need to burn, day of the rope!

Y'all is southern lingo.

No, it's black lingo.

nice cope nigger

Just do a dual boot. It's not that hard. Make a new partition for Linux.

(You)

t. tyrone

>im so smart
>look at me im so smart
>good grades mmm grayons
>wtf why no job guys im really smart
Heres the answer youre actually dumb.

Attached: 60B98BD7-6509-467C-B64C-24580C525287-20108-000021DBF966AB0D.png (1300x2000, 288K)

IQ 170 here. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

(You)

I am tested 89 IQ and life is life.

My god you're so full of it.

>In probability theory, the normal (or Gaussian or Gauss or Laplace–Gauss) distribution is a very common continuous probability distribution.

From wiki. They're the same thing. Most iq tests use a std. deviation of 15. Kek

On Windows, you should be using Visual Studio. Create a C or C++ application, compile it, and it will give you an EXE. For Linux, the EXE equivalent is ELF.

You are monkey - good at memorising and repeating stuff, but not good at reasoning and solving problems on your own. Go webdev or trade

Na na, na, nana

cope, he said he can learn things faster than most people. He's just L A Z Y

:(

lazy people have low IQ

What the fuck, just talk to people, you retard. What are you doing? If what you claim is true you can 2x youtube tutorials and gain the same knowledge at the same speed. Change your goal of why you're actually going to school from learning nerd shit to learning normie customs.
Here's a clue, shower daily and invest in dental floss.

Source?

Dude I only dabbled in C++ and python but I know how to fucking make hello world or even a simple awful program.
How do you manage?

you don't have a 132 iq if you're making threads like this.

wrong

I think he has only experimented with C in Linux where it's not implied that the compiled files are .exe

>humble brag ego validation thread

>tfw actual 80 iq moron
>tfw not actually retarded enough to be completely non functional and relieved of any societal expectations
>tfw you know you're retarded compared to everybody else
its not fair

Attached: retardcheck.jpg (782x960, 47K)

nice
i have a 133 IQ so i don't have any of those problems

Is this bait? You don't need your original Windows installer, just download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and you can reinstall Windows anytime if you have a valid license
You could also make an image of your current install and save it somewhere, or just dual boot

average commute in the US is about 25 minutes. you must be a shitholer.

How do i test my iq, i have the feel my Intelligence is below avarage

shhhh he pirated it like any sane person

you would literally be considered king of the retards if we didn't have to change the cutoff point for retardation due to peoples of seasoning having an average of 85

I live an hour from my uni too, I got acquainted with half my class and some of them happened to live near me, some of them happened to enjoy games that I play too and some of them happened to have other interests that I had. In the end I happened to make friends.

>datastructures, algorithms and some hardware theory
What kind of backassward computer engineering curriculum is that? Where the control systems and HDLs?

all my friends are assburgers who play fortnite

oh yeah, that too. We know some basic VHDL and PLC, and how to design an ALU
kek

same here but I'm like 110 and I'm surrounded by people who seem to be 120 at the minimum, so in the end I'm an underperforming retard and the sub 110 IQ are more like cats and dogs to me than human beings.
I recently started watching anime because I heard it makes life easier, but as far as I can tell its full of perfectly pretty 9 year old girls who all surpass me in intellectual and social ability and moral fiber. i feel even more inadequate.

You might actually be approaching the 75 mark

Is there any practical reason to choose CE over CS?

Bafflingly, I'm not. Maybe in emotional intelligence, if such a thing exists.

Idk. I'm pondering currently on changing from CS to CE just to get more grasp on the programming and especially hardware stuff like signal protocols etc

Why would you go from CS to CE?
CS always has less cource requirements than CE.
That being said, I started CE, and I can't even take a C++ course because of scheduling, so maybe don't take my advice desu senpai.

>If you really want to have a "project" of your own, you need to make a project that is related to something you like or you will drop it halfway through or never even start.

what if I don't like anything and hate everything?

As an addendum, now that I'm no longer banned for posting ponies on Jow Forums I have to ask, if anybody in this thread is larping as me, stop it, get some help.
Find something you like. Even then you may drop things, I do, but at least you'll get experience.

I am trying to think more practically. My thoughts are that CS is too theoretical bullshit. I have no use for the maths that are required and I think my uni just doesn't do things like they should. They have many courses with the ones that do CE and we are going for the exact same jobs as the ones doing CE.

Right now I am feeling like I haven't learned anything useful at the uni and hope that CE would fix this. I am only at my second year but still.

Also I am no fan of the open, DIY, concept of making just one's own curriculum and graduate thesis

CS is filled with a lot of Autists. If you want a pajeet-tier job while being autistic, go ahead. CE is the middle ground between CS and EE, so if you're too brainlet for EE or don't like electronics, go CE. I think companies that do lower level stuff prefer CE's, but not enough CE's apply or they don't fit some of the "I don't care what the 'best' way is, this is what we have to do to get shit done". I've heard CS's make for bad programmers on lower level/long-term projects because they have a hard time coping with how haphazard everything is. EE's do better but have a longer ramp-up time because of their lack of programming background. They make up for it in better problem-solving and coping skills. Never heard how CE's fit in so I assume they don't generally apply for practical programming jobs versus brand new or "research" programs.

It's the same on the other side desu. Engineering Courses involve math you'll never use, but good to do. At least with CS, you'll be learning math useful in algorithms, and everybody would know that understanding it is less important than not making mistakes.
Yeah they do share overlap, and I would rather be CE, I wouldn't change it. Just like I don't think you should switch to CE.
To some degree, you'll eventually need to write your own thesis anyways, you should at least have something brewing in the back of your mind desu.

>knowledge in SQL/MongoDB
Oh no it would require you 2 whole days to learn either one.

>less important than
I meant more important
and this is my problem,
everybody has something