>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: computer1.jpg (358x500, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/bqbrfH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DDR6 when?

>your PC will never be as aesthetic as this hunk of shit

Attached: ML4000DCH__1.jpg (700x700, 41K)

gut it and put your hardware inside it?

Kokojina

so I've build a new PC with 3200mhz ram for my Ryzen 7 2700x and every time I enable XMP, waterfox crashes irregularly, either single tabs or the whole browser. It seems there's no problem when I use Edge instead. whats the deal here? anyway I can fix this or do I just ditch waterfox?

I'm biting the bullet and buying a 2070, which models are good? I know to avoid cheap stuff like the MSI armor but it's hard to know what's good when reviews are either "it's fine" or "it's a garbage fire". Is the $550 overclocked gigabyte one good? $550 seems to be the sweet spot in price

are dual band wifi adapters worth it? I just changed internet company and the new router has a 5GHZ band.

very regal & very cool

I tried to create a build around Ryzen 5 2400G for a work and web browsing computer with the ability for occasional casual gaming (Fallout 4). Do you have any comments on this or help for me? I'd appreciate it.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/bqbrfH

That's odd. I have the r5 2600 and the same RAM speeds, also enabled in XMP, and waterfox works for me so far.

Here's my timings btw with everything on auto and xmp enabled

Attached: cpuz_MIw8GVorr2.png (403x402, 18K)

Get a b450 board that's not Gigabyte.
Rest seems fine.

Yes.

>buying a 2070
condolences
>$550 seems to be a good price for the performance of a $400 1-3 year old card
if you say so

what's the problem with Gigabyte?

The problem is that I can't get one of those $400 1-3 year old cards anymore, they're all gone (other than used miner cards on ebay). Pre-owned 1080s cost $550 now, so i might as well get a brand new one from the 20 series.

Making a cheaper rig to mainly act as a home server, how does this build seem to that end?

Attached: ColorVeil_2018-12-18_09-36-43.png (685x557, 42K)

I'm in the market for a 2080, is there any specific card or brand to avoid or favor? 3 fan or 2 fan?

Also, is there any chance at all that AMD's Navi cards would be worth the wait?

Alright guys, these radeon rx580 8gb are all approx 189-199 euro, so which should i get:
Powercolor red dragon v2
Gigabyte aorus
Gigabyte GAMING
Xfx gts black

Navi is going to be midrange at first. High end might not come until the end of the year or sometime next year.
But it'll almost surely be around 2070 performance for around $300.

>27"
>1440p,144hz, freesync
>HDR
>adjustable, speakers
>$630

Should I? Fucking nerds better give me an answer.

Attached: _20181217_130752.jpg (720x1020, 108K)

Can get Kingston Now A400 SSD for a really good buck, should I? I'm pretty new into SSD, looking for some on a budget.

Repostan
I'm looking to turn my gaming laptop into a desktop setup. It has a GTX 970m, my two biggest concerns are 144hz for games like TF2 or CSGO, and very low input lag because I'll also use it for fighting games. My budget is about $200 USD.
There is quite a few options st this price point but many reviews point to them having flaws in some way or other. I am curious of Jow Forums's recommendation.

Dude, fucking stop.

Attached: 1BE251C0ED8949018F9FC6A8D6BB4513.jpg (540x720, 33K)

what do i need to high end game

NRAM will surpass it in 2030 if silicone isn't obsolete by then.

at least a threadripper and two 2080 Tis

k thanks ill look into getting those

Where can I get that case OP?

Attached: $_32.jpg (800x600, 148K)

cool nickelodeon slime PC

decent airflow

Uhh

I got me some 16 GB of Corsair Ram for my ASUS b-350plus mobo, and installed it, but the build doesn't turn on. And now I checked the the package, and it says that its meant for intel i5 and i7. Is there really RAM that does not work with A4 Mobos? Did I waste 100 dollars for this?

did you enable XMP in bios?

I can't get any image out. And no beeps.

RMA

Huh?

Your RAM or Mobo is ded, RMA it.

That means return it.

Should I keep my 16gb ram in the dual-channel slots of A2 & B2? Or should I keep it in single-channel of A1 & A2 to accomodate the second fan for my Noctua NH-D15?

Currently I can only fit the middle fan between the heatsinks. Wish I bought a wider case, but even if I did, the fan on the right would be sticking up big time.

I won't go into the RAM channels as I don't know a lot about it. What I do know, is the D15s, basically the D15 without a front fan, only loses 1-3 degrees on the D15. So if the fan doesn't fit don't worry too much.

If I get a smaller case for an ITX build like the Fractal Nano S will I have thermal issues with my GPU? Pic related, Gigabyte 1060.

Attached: 1060wfoc-1b.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

Need recomendations about a new monitor
1440p
144hz
HDR (Optional)
16:9 (21:9 3440*1440p would be nice too)

Gonna be paired with a Ryzen 2700x and a rtx 2080

That ram looks a bit slow for ryzen

Your GPU is shit and probably too large.
Read the website details. It'll tell you how much space you have

I have a sugo13b crammed with a rx 580 8gb with no thermal issues. You'll be fine

The new AMD drivers are fucking shitty. My performance with vega 64 fucking dropped and my temps are all fucked up. I am mad as fuck.

>Rtx

Attached: 1502168187420.png (329x374, 299K)

Tfw ram is the most expensive component in my budget build.

This doesn't seem right AT ALL

If you're using Linux, honestly that's not too bad. People will say that you're wasting money on the 2600 because you're pairing it with slow ram, but honestly the 2600 is just a good value and there aren't many alternatives for a home server unless you're willing to go to the used market. Intel's prices are jacked right now too.

The 2200G would be a much better value because it's cheaper, wouldn't require a video card and you could therefore get a nicer PSU and more HDDs. However if you're using *buntu or Debian the 2200G is "too new" and you will end up having headaches until both distros bring in newer kernels. For *buntu that will be several months and for Debian it will be well over a year. If you're willing to use an Arch-based distro it will probably be ok but I don't have first hand experience with the 2200G and Arch. IF you are using Windows for your home server I would strongly consider the 2200G.

Also thinking about sticking the spare Noctua Fan at the end of my case as a case fan, but that would ruin my badass aerocool LED setup -_-"

Thanks.

Attached: pc-01.jpg (1456x1618, 1.16M)

Dude that's a sweet fucking deal! I'd buy it ASAP before the prices go back up again!

on a budget would it be better to go for 16gb of 2 cheap ram sticks or a higher quality 8gb ram stick. this is while using amd cpu and gpu

What's a good way to quickly check whether an used GPU has been abused or barely used (aside from anything physical)?

I got a pretty decent deal on a RX570 on eBay and I want to make sure that if I get gypped (seller says that it's in perfect condition) I can do something about it.

It's true. It's not worth it to go single channel though. Seems like you're just going to have to bite the bullet.

Do you even have any fucking idea how massive the nano s is? It can fit any card you throw at it.

That's the unfortunate part of building a PC these days. In contrast at least there's decent components out there for an appropriate price unlike last year.

Get a non-trash PSU, preferably with two 6+2 pin power connectors
Ask yourself if you really need an optical drive
Get an m.2 SSD like the SX6000
Be aware that the AB350 chipset does not have guaranteed support for the Ryzen 2 series without a BIOS update. Depends on which BIOS the board ships with

>2 x 16 GB 3000MHz
>£746.69

Attached: tenor.gif (300x200, 3.34M)

So I'm looking into getting into RGB lighting for my next build and I'm wondering who exactly I should be looking to buy from brand wise? Yeah I know, RGB focus is tacky and all that. My friends are definitely going to make fun of me once they catch wind of what I'm planning, but I think it'll be fun to experiment with lighting in my case.
In terms of cooling, I was thinking Corsair generally because the lighting on some of their products definitely have a more subtle look which I'm a fan of. I'm not sure about RAM or anything else or AIOs. Also looking for good software to control the fans and colors with. I've gotta be honest though, ASUS is definitely not going to fly with me. I think their Republic of Gamers shit stuff looks way too cheesy and really blows. I just want fans and lighting that'll be a breeze to install and use. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attached: 1531900370720.gif (560x420, 22K)

Supposedly AMD is about to announce a 6 core APU, but as the other poster stated, you might have compatibility issues

Depends on price. Check ssd.userbenchmark to compare value and speed. My guess is that there's a way better SSD for $5 more

Anybody knows what card is actually this fake 1080? Just curiosity.

Attached: fake1080.png (1211x695, 342K)

Sounds like a power problem. Mobo should light up and beep (or provide other forms of error code) of the memory were the problem. Make sure you have all leads and connectors plugged in properly (CPU, main mobo power, power and reset leads, graphics card.. PS, plug your monitor into your graphics card)

>Do you even have any fucking idea how massive the nano s is? It can fit any card you throw at it.
>Calls it a nano
It's the size of a bus

That's why you tweak shit with chill.
Also never ever update to new drivers unless you absolutely have too.

Cooler is generic with only original part of it being stickers. GPU can be anything beginning from 5xx series.

i'm out of the loop here, does it make sense to get a RX590 over 570/580? which one would you recommend? (8gb)

i'm usually a sapphire guy but i'm not sure about these nitro/pulse cards, look kinda gay

>Anybody knows what card is actually this fake 1080? Just curiosity.
I 100% gaurantee you that they wouldn't even bother to send you a fake card. Just take your money

Sapphire is the best though. Only a fag cares about form over function.
Also 8gb probably best. Though new cards in the middle of next year by amd.

Don't bother, it'll get taken down and you'll get this

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Use RAM in dual channel

You must run at least two sticks. You're looking for 3000MHz CL15

No

Sweet. Found a general.

Need a little help my bros. Building a budget gaming rig primarily for WoW (pls no bully) and having a bit of a hiccup.

I need a processor for this bad boy and no idea wtf one i should get. I would very much like to keep it around $50 and a max of $100 if it is extremely important to get a better one.

This is the compatibility list per the manufacturer's recommendations.

Thanks for the help fine sirs.

Attached: Screenshot_20181218-112746_Newegg.jpg (720x1280, 270K)

So that's the mobo you currently have?

there is always new shit just around the corner

i'm looking to buy something in the ~250 price range before the miners ruin the market again

That's stupid but I like it

Asking just out of curiosity, would never even consider buying it.

Look for a secondhand am3+ CPU(amd)
Don't forget you need ddr3 ram

Hate to admit it but nah. Buying it based purely on aesthetics

Czeched and 2 of these work to start? It's expandable to 32gig but i dont have $300 for ram or probably even the need for that.

I was thinking about multiboxing some also. Could i pull off running 2 or more wow accounts with this 1 pc?

Seems like my GPU is once again dying. Before it's too late and I have to post from my phone, what are good, cheap GPUs (200€

Attached: 4566554.png (843x287, 625K)

>I was thinking about multiboxing some also. Could i pull off running 2 or more wow accounts with this 1 pc?
Do you want to get banned?
I don't know but I don't think so.

Who here /TECHNICAL MASTER/

Attached: TECHNICAL_MASTER.png (1412x657, 157K)

Recommend me a 27" 1440p 100+ hz monitor for about 300EUR.

Is mixing ram kits okay? I've got 16 GB now but thinking of expanding it to 32 - surely they should work if I buy a second 2x8GB kit with the same specs?

Fml

Attached: Screenshot_20181218-121158_Newegg.jpg (720x1280, 179K)

Nah. Wow stated it's fine.

I used to jave 3 junk pc and do it but now with programs like hotkey and a decade of PC evolution it's doable on most normal pc

LOL

Fiddy fiddy huh

tfw have 8 4gb sticks just sitting around unused

Plugging this Nvidia GT120 graphics card into a Fujitsu Esprimo P2560 computer and connecting it to an Apple Cinema Display monitor, flashes for half a second upon boot but then gives a black screen. What is wrong? I know the GPU and monitor are in working condition. Could the power supply (310W) be too low for the GT120?

Attached: 41i81+Kdi0L.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Q9550 arrived today and worked just fine in my Fujitsu Esprimo machine. Thanks to the guy who suggested it.

Now I need a low profile graphics card that will operate fine and has a miniDisplay port on it.

Attached: 20181218_123832078_720b.png (727x339, 33K)

I saw your comment in the older thread that other day and I chuckled. I hope this brightens your day.

Gotta go with at least 3600 cl14 for Ryzen

That's pretty powerful already, do you really need all that much?

The Nano S is pretty big for ITX, it's gonna be totally fine.

I found this sound card in (almost) trash and i remember seeing it Jow Forums few times but i dont remeber if it was recomended or not, so is it any good? Only readable info is: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 MODEL:SB0100

Attached: 20181218_193759.jpg (2048x1152, 1.11M)

Too bad you're in the USA otherwise I could've helped you out since I have a similar board and usabe cpu lying around

If you can, wait for the cards announced at CES in early Jan. You're probably looking at the x70 or x60 cards from AMD

I would like to, but based on previous experiences, my current estimate is, that the next time I'm shutting my PC down I won't be able to boot him up anymore. Which will be in max. 3 days.

Get a new PSU if you're already at it. If this is the second GPU thet you burned through your power supply might be fucky and could fry other components.
Currently a 1050ti is about as low as I'd go for gaming, maybe 1050 or Radeon 560. The RX570 is slightly more expensive than a 1050ti but significantly more powerful. At that point you're actually getting gaming hardware instead of entry level minimum settings stuff.

That's a real old one, the drivers are hard to find, however out there there is a open source Creative card driver that lets those old SBs work in Win7. However at the moment I can't find it.

its trahs, get an SB Audigy 2 instead

I was going to try running Linux and learning either Fedora or Debian on it given how I hear good things about them for hosting a server like this. But how is the 2200G too new but the 2600 will work for it? Because if I can get integrated graphics I would since I dont think I would really need much in that regard. At most it would host a minecraft server or stream a movie to another computer. But if I can get rid of the card I could put that money into better RAM or the PSU.

I bought my current GPU used and it lasted me about 1,5 years. Still a bad power supply or did I just have bad luck?