People like discord's intuitive interface and gui features

>people like discord's intuitive interface and gui features
>people don't want discord's botnet
>secure, encrypted chat looks like ass but is the only safe way to communicate nowadays
Why don't people reverse engineer discord's most convenient features and slap that front-end on top of secure, encrypted chat protocols?

Attached: gneu.png (1090x758, 951K)

>Why don't people reverse engineer discord's most convenient features and slap that front-end on top of secure, encrypted chat protocols?
They do

Intuitive interface that can't be customized much at all and uses minimum widths on the left and right panes, and has a search that sucks with no way to export logs to something that can search competently. IRC did this shit right 30 years ago.

Are you intentionally missing the point or did you just not read my message?

I think user's point is that in reality, people hate Discord's terrible user interface, and your thesis makes no sense.

just fucking use jitsi

Matrix.org is pretty much exactly this, as an open source federated standard. There are multiple clients including riot.im which is the most famous.

There are also Wire and Signal which are not federated but similar features and encryption . Ring, tox, and retroshare are peer to peer. Then of course there are existing open standards like XMPP , Mumble, and IRC.

Also , Discords protocols themselves are proprietary based firmly on centralization so trying to use exact discord is a bad idea all around

because that would take work and only low iq parasites care about discord

seconding this one, riot sounds exactly likr what OP is looking for

people != a handful of neckbeards on Jow Forums.

>my anecdote > your anecdote

>tons of people use discord while they really shouldn't
>nobody uses neckbeard encrypted stuff while they really should

People using a thing does not mean they like that thing. And people using a thing DEFINITELY does not mean they like a particular aspect of that thing.

Well I'm glad to have people like you to clear that up.

>Mumble
RIP, you beautiful bitch.

Name one.

riot

matrix is federated and open just like xmpp. but it doesn't suck and send fucking xml LOL XML.. jesus christ

Why the fuck would I want to talk to anyone that uses Discord? As far as I'm concerned its only real purpose is outing the retarded that use it.

I bet you could find an irc client that has most features. For macos, most people use textual, and they praise it. I personally use irssi because it doesn't rely on a gui (too lazy to click around) and is easy to write custom scripts for.

Because Discord already exists