Electric Blankets are Technology

Do you use an electric blanket to keep yourself warm? Are they safe? Do you know which kind is best (or worst)?

Attached: 1517958404554.jpg (1200x900, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/symptoms/night-sweats/basics/causes/sym-20050768
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just use good normal blankets. Your body makes enough heat if you insulate it decently.

that's what I'm doing now. but my house is terribly insulated and my bed is near a couple of windows and door so during winters, it gets way colder than my body can warm up.

Get some weatherstripping.

Canada fag here. I have a heated blanket I keep b/w the fitted sheet and the mattress. I also have one of those microwaveable bean bag thingies. Maximum comfy.

get thick curtains and thick carpets
block up the windows a bunch as well
saves a lot on heating

I did but it didn't help, it's way past that kind of fix.

that costs a lot more than just keeping myself warm. I'm a poorfag and my curtains are super thin, old and with holes in them.

nice, yeah I was planning to do the same thing with an electric blanket. are there different kinds or are they all the same?

>Do you use an electric blanket to keep yourself warm?
No, I get night-sweats, if anything, I need a towel.

honestly the other anons are right, you need to fix your draft first. If you're really poor and paying for your heating/electric/gas, you will save money in the long run by getting a general contractor/your landlord to fix that shit.

The first one I bought was basically couch-sized, one person. I upgraded pretty quickly to a queen-sized one. It's split into two with separate controls if you had a partner, but this is Jow Forums so I doubt you have a partner unless you're a homo.

I tend to just use the bean bag thing to put me to sleep, then I'm good until morning. For particularly cold nights I'll keep the blanket on setting 1 or 2 out of five.

it really is a good idea to invest in thicker curtains

you don't even have to get real curtains
use duvet quilts if you have to

also don't get any that are ridiculously heavy as eventally your bar at the top will snap or the supports will give way costing you more
but as long as it is mounted properly you will not run into this issue

trips of truth

>night-sweats
I get those too sometimes. wtf is the deal with that?

>True night sweats are severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench your clothes and sheets and that are not related to an overheated environment. ... Some of the known conditions that can cause night sweats are: Menopause

>women in tech
this was always a bad idea

>doesn't actually read the entire thing

mayoclinic.org/symptoms/night-sweats/basics/causes/sym-20050768

Attached: 1532182420323.png (515x1046, 46K)

I prefer a heated mattress pad rather than a blanket.
It just seems to be warmer for some reason, maybe because heat rises?

well, I was planning to put the heated blanker under myself with a normal blanket on top of me.

I just do some squats and use my calories to heat me up

I have sleep apnea, the kind where you can stop breathing for a while. I'm guessing my night sweats are caused by or are related to this.

If you are using this unironically then What you need is the electric chair!

Attached: 1517346936417.jpg (645x729, 81K)

I was looking at heated mattress pads but so many mixed reviews

I got one recently and you need to put it on Max to even feel it. The coils burn you at the point also.

Bought an electric mattress last winter, every time I touch the wall/floor when the thing is on and I'm on it, I feel some kind of electricity, its the same feeling that you get when you touch old computer cases.
Don't know whats happening.

I've had both and yes they can be hit or miss,
so ymmv

Texas here. Warmth is the enemy.

cooling blanket when?

Isn't that sorta what those weighted autism blankets are for?

Attached: 1540184666804.gif (615x413, 1.96M)