Pajeets btfo

>pajeets btfo
neowin.net/news/former-edge-intern-says-google-sabotaged-microsofts-browser

Attached: divboye.jpg (802x500, 81K)

Doesn't anyone else find this scary? Google has gotten so big that they're able to eliminate competing browsers by using scummy tricks like this. All this tells me is that Google is a monster and can dictate the web as it pleases. Google has become too big to fail.

>ditching years of hard work and switching to competitors tool set because mine don't work on competitor's services

I really think they should have went gecko instead, now we got yet another chromium browser.

They know Gecko will meet the same fate. Why bother?

>tfw in 20 years Google will buy Microsoft

That just means it needs to be broken up. Splintered in to competing factions.

But monopolies are good apparently.

alt-right Nazis BTFO

Attached: 1544941661734.jpg (600x799, 41K)

>fresh install windows 10
>open "Edge", the default browser that comes with windows
>"h-hey l-look at this! Edge is by far the fastest browser, wow isn't that incredible???" Is written on the startpage
>Ignore it, and search for the chrome download page
>"B-B-BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT EDGE IS MORE SECURE??!?"
>download chrome anyway
>installer download finishes
>recieve a windows notification
>"HEY,EDGE IS BY FAR THE BEST BROWSER SO PLEASE USE EDGE IS GOOD MMMMKAY??? FOX BROSER BAD! GOGOL BROWSOR VERY BAWD!!!"

gee, i wonder why is google doing that..

Ms should just block google chrome from installing on windows

This isn't the first time Google did this, remember that story a few months ago about Google coding Youtube in a non-standard way which resulted in it being slower on Firefox than Chrome because Firefox was following the standards and Chrome wasn't?

That's genius. They hurt your hardware acceleration, you demolish theirs. Some people will jump ship and use MacOS, but a small percent will jump towards Linux, and thus the year of the Linux desktop is one step closer.

Did this only affect Edge?

Because then I feel even less sorry for Microshit.

Feel free to leave at any time

Attached: 1545006357070.png (767x833, 251K)

I'm pretty sure they got sued for doing far less than that to netscape

a bloo bloo bloo
people are comparing this to ActiveX, and they'd be absolutely wrong in doing so, ActiveX was scummy as fuck and it was pushed to destroy competition
what google is doing is on its own site, with code that is completely open and visible to anyone, and serving it to everyone regardless of browser, it's not something made specifically for edge, firefox, brave or any other browser.
They are advancing their own browser by solving edge cases and those that can't keep up are giving up and switching to chromium
The scary part is that a big fucking company like microsoft fucking gave up as if it was netscape back in the day, literally being choked out by proprietary formats and actual scummy practices from microsoft.
Google does need some slicing, but certainly not because they're serving edge cases your shitty browser isn't coded to handle

Hardly. Google could disappear tomorrow and my life would not change one bit.

I have a feeling MS made this move as a setup for anti-trust action. Fits the bill completely.

Doubtful. Google seems to have no clue as to how to capture the market that actually makes money, business and enterprise. Google is floundering with enterprise cloud. My guess is that it would be more likely for AWS to buy google. Couple that with their decision to focus on diversity instead of skill, and we see where this always ends up.

At this point google is an advertisement company. They will be split up over the browser shenanigans. If they maintain their diversity path, they will likely be gone in a decade. If you dont think that can happen you are too young/ignorant to see the whole scope.

If you have a problem with this you should blame capitalism, MS isn't ever going to waste money competing with open source when it'd be easier/cheaper/more efficient to just switch to the most popular standard when they can.

That's why 90% of new apps are either in JS or incorporate it in some way. When you have 50 times as many JS coders to choose from as any other language the choice basically makes itself.

>fits the bill
>bill
>bill gates

Wake up america

>implying google isn't a pajeet company

>putting a div over a video element breaks the video element.
sounds more like theyre using a sneaky rendering pathway to get an edge (kek) over other browsers and blaming google when it doesn't work.
is a block level element, its allowed to have things over it like every other element in the HTML spec.
In fact, most video players do this to capture right clicks, why is youtube singled out?

Microsoft got a taste of its own medicine.

That's literally a half of the reason Opera Presto died.

Yes. And Google will further facilitate the move to Linux by pushing ChromeOS as a regular desktop OS, rather than something just for Chromebooks.

This

>capitalism is the most efficient sys-

never implied that anywhere

>hire shit pajeet for browser development
>wonder why said browser is shit

It is, but how would this in any way be a counter-example? Capitalism is bad because Microsoft can't into hidden visibility? Are you high?

AI is the endgame of Alphabet.

It's a counter-example because it shows competition between corporations causing fabricated, artificial inneficiency.

YouTube is open source retard, Microsoft could have just gone in and changed the coding but they were too lazy.

>would not change one bit.
When my gov decided to block some google servers in an attempt to block telegram, half the fucking internet went down because everything relies on their shit in one way or another.