Windows is dead

Look at this Jow Forums
gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide

Notice the sharp dip in windows and the rise of "Unknown"

What do you think this is?
Linux with tracking turned off?

Windows is getting fire under its ass now.

Attached: windows-trash.jpg (900x675, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide
gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The unknown is probably deep web os

>probably deep web os
>deep web os
You understand that Tails and Whonix are Linux distributions right?

And you can have the same footprint if you run the Tor browser on any OS?

That's pretty weird

Graphs here

Attached: Nov 2017 - Nov 2018.png (821x606, 52K)

That's probably just a bug, no other site shows that trend

> unknown -> gentoo

aliens

Windows is not dead.

My bet would be an AI "OS", people are pissed about the October update, but still won't switch of their shit.

>gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide
Unknown is just Android/iOS

WRONG!
See:
gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
There is still the rise of unknown next to iOS and Android and the OP has only DESKTOP filtered so Android and iOS are removed.

Sharp changes like this usually mean they only recently started tracking a market, like how Steam had an influx of Chinks.

>Windows is not dead.
I'm sorry do you prefer:

I'm questioning the future of windows considering this sharp dip in its market share and I think this can have great consequences for the future of the windows user base.

>mfw normiefags dont use unknownOS
Get shot you brainlets
Who`s /unknowngang/ here?

it's templeos guys
terry has descended from the heavens to finally implement working TCP/IP stack

Attached: 1536376079123.jpg (3200x2718, 2.26M)

Microsoft will just make their own Linux/UNIX distro with their own closed source proprietary (as in, sue you kind of proprietary) Windows layer/virt (Win32 + UWP) with maybe some LGPL'd parts from WINE. That will allow them to regain some coverage on the server market (Windows Server is pretty m'kay with the shell option, but its still Windows in stability. NT gone a far way though). It will probably start as a server platform (kinda like Azure) but they will inevitably try to contact OEM's and hardware developers to develop the driver stack in-house so they can ready it for the desktop. Windows 10 will still be maintained while the 'nextgen' picks traction overtime for wide desktop use. Think about it, the gains would be massive (the server/cloud is no joke) and they would get the tried and true UNIX stability with the Microsoft legacy and software.

Attached: 1542864147098.jpg (1298x1858, 649K)

> Microsoft will just make their own Linux/UNIX distro with their own closed source proprietary Windows layer/virt
That would mean two things:
- MS OS is dead
- it's possible to reimplement all the Windows features in Linux, something much easier than ReactOS.
> with the Microsoft legacy
You seem to be implying MS is going to allow running win32 legacy on Linux. That'd be a major blow to the MS vendor lock.

You understand he was joking right?

Only faggots would keep letting microsoft fuck them up the ass. Imagine paying for an operating system that serves you ads in rotating tiles. HAHAHAHAH.

>TCP/IP stack
TCP/IP stack Is from the devil and the antychrist!
WE are seeing the rise of anti-templeOS the great Satan like predicted in system log 666 we will see the end times and the battle of CIA forces of the great dragon and the forces of god.
Before Tarry the prophet of God gloriously returns and destroys all CIA glow in the darks and starts the one true era of gods kingdom in the computer world.

Attached: clip_image0024.jpg (624x468, 66K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
You understand you are on Jow Forums ? Right?
How new are you here?

That's what they get for hiring Pajeets. Bye bye Winshit, you won't be missed.

Attached: 1544232566503.png (375x936, 492K)

God I hope people get sick of Win10 bullshit.
I ditched windows and I'm on Linux only I keep up a win7 machine for windows only software.

God I hope people realize that they don't need MS to use chrome or FF to brows the web.
I mean a shit load of fun is on the web its 2018 so.

If only more proprietary software was ported to Linux then windows would drop like a rock and never return.

Win10 takes the cake with (first are the most important ones to everyone):
1) Random restarts for ((UPDATES))
its like a terrorist and virus did have a baby!
2) System bricking ((UPDATES))
Its not like I was doing serious work on windows or even wanted to play a game on it; 2 Electric Boogaloo
3) Windows deleting use files
4) Win10 literally downloading games in the background because you might decided to perches this in the future
Blot the OS.
5)Spyware
6)Ads

We were talking about this on the niggermania forums while Jow Forums was kill. It's just a Windows update not registering properly.

>What do you think this is?
Considering that linux shows 1% i suppose their counter is broken and counts Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Elementary and all other distros as unknown.

I mean explaining why use linux is so easy now.
One operating system will force(often system bricking) updates on you, spy on you constantly, delete your files just because, and force ads on you.
The other is linux.
Burn Windows burn!

Data syncing is by default enabled.

Browsing history and open websites.
Apps settings.
WiFi hotspot names and passwords.

Your device is by default tagged with a unique advertising ID.

Used to serve you with personalized advertisements by third-party advertisers and ad networks.

Cortana can collect any of your data.

Your keystrokes, searches and mic input.

Calendar data.

Music you listen to.

Credit Card information.

Purchases.

Microsoft can collect any personal data.

Your identity.

Passwords.

Demographics.

Interests and habits.

Usage data.

Contacts and relationships.

Location data.

Content like emails, instant messages, caller list, audio and video recordings.

Your data can be shared.

When downloading Windows 10, you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of above-mentioned data with any third-party, with or without your consent

>windows is dead
>linux suddenly on 15%
Are you really this delusional?

Not one of those points stands if you're actually tech literate. Win10 a shit, yadda yadda, but because its an inherently harmful closed system, not because of easily solvable design oversights.

See

>Not one of those points stands if you're actually tech literate
This needs to be a meme.
Back in the day winshills say
>Linux? No I want to work in GUI and not hack around and compile kernels in the CLI to get a OS started I stick to windows
Today:
>What a tech illiterate you must hack shit into the win kernel to have a good and working OS!

Why the fuck are you using win10?

>sharp dip in the market
>literally one source that no one is reporting on and doesn't even know what it's loosing market share
Retard.

>edit scheduled tasks, services and gpo
>HaCK inTo THe KeRNel
state of (you)
All I'm saying you're not going to convert anyone by being dishonest and exaggerating.

He doesn't know about the kernel level spyware.
Enjoy your placebo fagot.

Attached: win shit 10.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

>his source is twitter screencaps
epic

>audited network activity on my router
>didn't see anything suspicious
>eNJoy YUor plaCEBo fAggOT
If anything in your screencap were real MS would get sued faster than you could type out "lawsuit" on your clacker.

>In the past 6 months 20% of the windows user base abandoned it
You have to be a special kind of retard to believe this

>I can disable MS botnet
I proven wrong
>There is no MS botnet in win10. Muh lawsuit.
Nice try MS shill.

>proven wrong
Stop getting all of your information from meme compilations made by Jow Forums, and read the article the guy himself write afterwards.

5 rupees have been added to your account

Ran out of arguments?

>p-poes law guys
okay newfag

Freetards literally let microsoft live rent-free in their commie heads, kek

Yes, it really demonstrates how strong their faith is, and how convinced they are, of the intrinsic superiority of their OS, doesn't it?

This is a retarded meme.
> rent-free in their
This can be modified for all sorts of people like
Trump
Soros
CNN
Communists
Literally whoever its impossible to not focus on people who are your adversaries. Shitty meme.

>of the intrinsic superiority
Why didn't you simply ask?
Everyone in the GNU movement (I prefer to call it the libre movement) will tell you YES we literally know we are superior to you and you are inferior for being a fanboy for corporations.

Here is the thing its not about the OS its about the GNU moment AKA GPL not Linux (Linux is only a kernel).

You see GPL software lets you do everything you want with it, it gives you freedom and power and control. It was never about the price! It will never be about the price!
Meanwhile proprietary software locks you down and makes you a slave.

The difference is freedom.
Let me picture(100% Ancap world, murder legal) you it this way imagine there are 2 employers one signed a contract with every employee where he says he will never kill his workers or harm them etc. The other forces(must sign or not work there) his workers to sign a contract where he can kill them and turn them into cat food if he wishes for no reason whatsoever.

Now imagine people actually saying there is nothing wrong with these things in the contracts even after this employer did pull this shit and killed shit loads of workers.

What level of a slave do you need to be to defend these pro killing clauses and not wanting to have contracts who forbid this crap and abuse of power? Do you understand now why I'm objectively ideologically superior to you? Because objectively I have more power and control thanks to the GPL while you have objectively less.

Attached: tumblr_m1mag9rcjz1qb9ckeo1_500.png (299x433, 260K)

>Literally names things that only mentally unwell people keep complaining about 24/7
The meme is fine, you're just an autist.

I think that unknown is windows getting incorrectly reported due to the recent updates

>desktop market share
>android/ios
retard

>taking someone calling something "deep web os" on Jow Forums seriously
>calling someone new for pointing out that it's a blatant joke followed by a damn wiki link to Poe's law
How's lurking on r/Jow Forums going for ya? Learning lots?

Attached: image0-17.jpg (1242x1224, 1.13M)

Can't believe you are letting him live in your head rent free