Is ReactOS the most based open source project of our time?

Is ReactOS the most based open source project of our time?

Attached: pic_19.png (550x413, 216K)

Nice bait.

I love this project but it would be a lot more interesting if it wasn't 80% repurposed WINE code.

test

Pass?

i was testing if Jow Forums was still down you pajeet

is it stable?

What's even the point of this shit, it's like wine + no drivers.

No, it's the most cucked and bluepilled piece of shit I've ever seen.There's really no reason for it to exist outside of a few niche use cases. Even then you're better off just using Windows 2000 or something. Everything that ReactOS can run can also be used in WINE on Linux. Using ReactOS day to day would be like using Windows 2000 but with half the driver support.

Additionally, the underlying architecture and ideas behind Windows NT are pure trash. I don't hate Windows because it's closed source. I use closed source Unix distros all the time. I hate Windows because it's a spyware riddled piece of shit with a terrible security model and little leftovers of DOS shat all over the place. Windows is an insult to both the end user and the programmer.

No, not really. It's more stable than something like Windows 98, so there's that at least. And only if you have one of the rare pieces of hardware that it fully supports. It's stable enough in virtual machines.

How can anyone be excited by a windows clone??

I was testing if you were a stupid worthless piece of shit: you passed.

>Additionally,
>proceeds to tell everyone how little I know about NT
Good job, user. Have a cookie.

DONATE TO REACTOS TO FASTEN IT'S DEVELOPMENT

>scroll bars rendered by the kernel
Brilliant design. 10 out of 10.

Attached: supertard.jpg (480x360, 23K)

I don't know what to tell you. Use NT 3.51 (in which Win32 - and even the video driver - was in user mode) if it offends you so much. MS saw the light (and the performance advantages) of going kernel mode in NT 4.

The irony being that they've been slowly backing away from it again since Vista.

Performance stopped mattering a long time ago when computers got a hell of a lot faster. Something like Windows XP, which was considered to be bloated by many, is now so lightweight that any laptop I pull out of the trash can run 20 virtual machines of it at once.

Microsoft took all of these short term performance shortcuts 20 years ago and they're still paying for them. Windows is a mess and it needs to be dragged out back and put down like the sickly, dying beast that it is.

Absolutely cringe.
Windows is already crap we don't need a second one

no, it is illegal for them to base it on anything. it is only possible for them to avoid legal penalties so long as they only use original, clean room code.

>Performance stopped mattering a long time ago
Yet this board throbs with "EBIL BLOAT", "EBIL MICROKERNEL" threads from here to Sunday. Obviously a lot of people disagree.

>20 years ago
>sickly, dying beast that it is
These two statements have a lot more in common than you think.

does b-tree work flawlessly?
it fucked up when I installed it on regular W7

>Yet this board throbs with "EBIL BLOAT"
Yeah, there's no reason why a graphical environment needs to take up 3GB of RAM or why a web browser needs to be more complex than an operating system.

>"EBIL MICROKERNEL"
Jow Forums loves microkernels. I've seen all sorts of discussions about QNX, Fuscia, and seL4/SculptOS here. Hybrid kernels are shit. Go full microkernel or go home.

Yes. NT without Microsoft bullshit. I hope one day ReactOS get the resources and developers it needs.

>Performance stopped mattering a long time ago

>there's no reason why a graphical environment needs to take up GB of RAM

not even nice. it's so bad the bait is decomposing and stinking out the place.

Definitely a fascinating one to follow.

Software bloat isn't bad because of performance penalties. It's bad because of all the bugs, the large attack surface, and when single programs clog up your RAam it's harder to open more programs at once.