Redpill me on Vivaldi, is it a good browser? What are its shortcomings?

Redpill me on Vivaldi, is it a good browser? What are its shortcomings?

Attached: images[1].png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

I like it but it chugs a little when I open a lot of tabs

>is it a good browser?
yes
>What are its shortcomings?
no built-in page translator

posted using vivaldi browser :^)

it's good (highly customizable continuation of preChink Opera)

The customisation is nice but it's slow as shit would not recommend

It has some nice features that can be accomplished by putting two chrome windows together. So if you don't like running chromium twice then you can use Vivaldi.
Aside from that it's buggy and its UI isn't very performant

This is a webkit browser which will render content similar to Chromium.

However, unlike chromium, it is a non-free proprietary program which does not respect your freedom. In addition to rendering web pages it may do other things which are not in your best interest.

Using this browser you do an injustice against yourself. I advise you to use Firefox or Chromium instead.

Isn't Chromium the same kind of botnet Chrome is?

The most customization options I've seen in a browser, and it has sync now, so yeah. so yeah

But freetards will complaint about MUH PRIVACY and CLOSED SOURCE.

The absolute state of Jow Forums

>threading yourself

It's okay. There are more lightweight and/or more private alternatives, such as falkon, midori, seamonkey but if you don't care about that, then it's a pretty good version of chrome that is ultra customizeable, with chrome's extensions supported. The settings are dumbed down a bit and some options such as disabling javascript entirely are only accessible through chrome:// URLs.

>chromium
>free
i think you meant open-source

Attached: chromium.png (380x750, 53K)

spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
It is not good. Not free software, for one.

Is there any browser that's literally Firefox but with support for Chrome extensions? Or if not literally Firefox, at least something that
>lets me use backspace to go back to the previous page without installing a fucking extension (looking at you, Chrome and Chromium)
>lets me choose where to install it
>isn't the memory behemoth that Chrome is
>has a search box (I don't want to search in the address bar, I want search suggestions to show up separately, not in the same place as address suggestions)
>has an "open file" option when downloading instead of forcing me to save and open manually (looking at you Opera, I'd love you so much if not for this piece of shit philosophy)

It's sort of a pain but you can upload and sign crx files using the Mozilla add-ons site to get an xpi

It runs fucking fast but I don't know about its extension support and security.

Does this need to be done every time the extension gets an update?

Good:
>highly customizable continuation of preChink Opera

Bad:
still just a webkit browser
HTML/Javascript UI is a bit slow
it's not in par with Opera 12.10 yet in terms of features
proprietary, but at least it's not a chinese botnet , too.

tl:dr;
if you used to use Opera 12.10 because of its customizability and feature-richness, this is your best bet for a replacement.
I you haven't, just use chrome or firefox like the other casuals.

yes, and not all extensions will work.

>is it a good browser?

It's the best cause you can go to the feature request section on the forum and post or vote suggestions that will be then added to the browser.

It's pretty easy to listen to the users but it's the only browser right now doing it, afaik.

it's pretty good but it calls home to send analytics that can't be disabled (via it's auto-update feature). it's just as cancerous as google chrome.

Yeah, I tried it out with what I needed and it was useless. Fucking hell, Opera has everything I need except for the fact it can't save files to a temporary location and open them. And all Chromium-based browsers are guilty of this shit. Why is it that only Firefox does it?

Not sure if the file api has been completely implemented maybe an extension could be made to replicate the behavior using it but i'm not sure cause it's been a long time since last time i checked the chromium apis.

Also, three more annoying things related to Opera:
>ctrl-F shifts the whole page I'm viewing down
>pressing / in the address bar only shows search suggestions instead of web addresses, so no quick access to Jow Forums that way, forcing me to use bookmarks
>can't delete individual past searches from showing up in search suggestions; I can do this shit in Firefox

There is a native function that allows you to open files of a certain extension immediately after download, but it does that with all files of that extension and doesn't save to a temp folder. I tried looking for an extension, but no luck so far.

I like and I use Vivaldi, but please, stop making these threads, they're pointless and always the same.
You better make a generic thread about all browsers.

Attached: 1500431217584.jpg (1080x1349, 140K)

for the ctrl+f

.find-in-page + .devtools-container .webpage { top: 0px !important }

Help a brainlet out, how do I use this?

>not entirely GPL
half free is still non-free.

>Add the line @import "my.css"; to the top of the common.css file. This is an instruction to load the file my.css.

>Open the file browser.html which you find at \resources\vivaldi\. Add the line after the first stylesheet link to it.

There's a mod loader somewhere too, and even a few scripts to automatize this kind of stuff.

Info copy pasted from ghacks but can post the link :S

>can't delete individual past searches from showing up in search suggestions

Select the suggestion press Shift + Delete

Ain't doing shit.

I'm using it right now and it works on both web search boxes and even the address bar, not sure why it's not working for you, i may have something in settings flags or even bundle.js that makes this work (doubt it cause none of the mods i have applied are for that) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah sure because chromium is 100% free, has no proprietary components at all and can be used standalone
faggot

are you using this key right?

Attached: .jpg (625x449, 31K)

Yes, and no matter how many times I do it I can't get rid of, say, this.

Attached: Screenshot_15.png (1912x315, 41K)

Permissive licenses are also free software licenses.

it's proprietary.

Not a clue on how to remove the ones in search suggestions as it seems mine doesn't save any of them (i don't usually use the searchbar) i'll take a quick look, no promises.

Oh sorry found the culprit, show typed history on search field, i have it enabled now and can confirm that Del doesn't remove them but Shift + delete does and there's even a small close symbol at the right of every entry to remove them with the mouse too.

I'm using last snapshot may be that.

botnet

Oh fuck, didn't realize you were talking about opera and not vivaldi, sorry.

Thanks user. That article and its writer are faggots and don't offer any info beyond windows so if anyone is wonder paste at the end of /opt/vivaldi/resources/vivaldi/style/common.css

But while I'm at it, there's another pet peeve you might understand. Go into any thread and click on a thumbnail and scroll down until you can only see half the image. Now click again to turn it back into a thumbnail. When you do Vivaldi moves the window. Is there a way to prevent this as well?

Not sure and i have to go, but first it's better if you add your own css file and add it to the browser.html instead, cleaner and easier to make a script to automatize it as it should be replaced every update.

Please explain how.

That's not the point

It's decent when it comes to gestures, pretty much the only reason i use it for fast browsing
Besides that not really...