Why aren't you using void linux?

Why aren't you using void linux?
It feels like a mix of gentoo (proper chroot tarball install) and openbsd, runit and xbps.
Get rid of the freedesktop kike shit pozzing your computer
>runit instead of systemdicks
>alsa w/ dmix instead of pulseautism
>wpa_supplicant instead networkniggers
>cronie instead of hackysystemd shit files
retake control user

Attached: 2018-12-18-1545183711.png (1366x768, 813K)

Windows is better, that's why.

feels good not having lennart pozzing my ram

Attached: 2018-12-19-1545233187.png (1366x768, 478K)

>cannot play local files through spotify
Literally the only thing setting me back from switching.

Attached: 1516625517936.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

why are you using spotify

>ponyos

After much research I concluded it was a joke
Arch meanwhile is home to all manner of degenerates

I'm using Arch because I'm lazy. I just don't care anymore.

Because xbps is the worst package manager known to man and that it's unstable as arch.
Try to remove any package with xbps. Either it removes nothing or it removes critical files that are needed by other packages. How fucking inbred does your package manager have to be to end up like that? It doesn't even have any of the pros of gentoo, which are rock-solid stability, second most packages of any distro (arch + aur is the best in that regard), and customization (e.g. no gtk3 buggy as fuck garbage, and no systemdick, as per your choices, without being forced into the crapshow that's runit). Runit is also a buggy piece of crap, and the infinite auto-restart feature is the most retarded shit ever. "X crashes on start? I know, let's just reboot it in a loop so the system is unfixable! Am smaaaat!11"

I use windows 10 because I am addicted to video games.

>ace 3
based.
I'd go void but debian testing + runit is good enough for me. Also, use wicd, it has a curses and a gtk2 interfaces.
Are you from aceg?

>he doesn't know how to get a root console from grub
it's literally setting sh as your init.

Attached: pixyy.png (610x699, 381K)

muscl vs glibc?

Cute though. Need to install this thing just to post some screenshots in desktop general.

Which you have to do manually just to rescue the system instead of actually having a functional system that's not pants-on-head retarded.

Bring me an example of a distro that has an option to boot with init=sh out-of-the-box.

Other distros plain don't need it because their init is not insane so you can just boot normally and drop to a rescue or not-so-rescue shell as needed.
Also, bedrock.

Are you telling me not to use void because the package manager is retarded and to use void instead because the init is not insane?

Also, if your init is in a loop, sh as init will be the only way to stop it without a livecd. I've got fucking ubuntu stuck this way out of all things.

You're trying way too hard, shill. Go back to redd!t where people might actually fall for it.

I lurk there sometimes
Aren't the debian repos completely built against systemd? why not just switch to a distro that isn't hacked together since you're using runit anyway?

Lack of software in repos. I need either pepperflash for Chromium or Chrome. Sad that Manjaro dropped openrc.

>use spotify for streaming
>use a local player for local files

Just liek God intended, user

I am! Best distro I have ever used. I have it on my desktop and laptop.

Example?

Been using void exclusively for multiple years. Great distro

Why not just use Gentoo?

Attached: shot.jpg (5760x2160, 2.65M)

There's artix but it's a complete joke
Parabola has an openrc option but it can't even install base-devel without pulling in systemd.
You can't use the arch or debian repos without systemd.
Which is why void is a much better option if you want a net/open-bsd like experience with the linux kernel

I mean I could but I upload those files to my phone's Spotify so I can have all my music in one place when I'm on the go.

Easier to install

Clover is easier to install than Void.

Clover OS installs in literally 5 minutes. After that just switch over to source packages for a vanilla Gentoo install.

Could also use Sabayon apart from the already mentioned CloverOS.

I'm quite happy with my setup so I don't see a need to change it. Ubuntu and XFCE. It just works(tm), I never have a problem with overhead, it never crashes, I don't know how you people have so many issues. But I do agree that pulse a shit. I used to have some crackling issue that seems to have gone now. Can't remember if I did anything about it
Steam play/proton is a thing and it works well. Just this week I played GTA V and Fallout 4 on ubuntu. And I do it ultra, 1080, 60fps. There's no excuse fampai

Proton is actually pretty amazing. 1080p 60 fps on the new Doom with open source drivers.

>using an OS instead of pure kernel

I use Arch!

AC3 Electroshpere is the best AC ever. That is a fact.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Attached: 1515231519201.jpg (533x700, 81K)

>letting some nigger compile your kernel for you
also the chroot (see: real) void install lets xbps-src use a custom kernel

>memedistro
no thanks

the pony thing was on April Fool's day you retard

I see you are using qutebrowser, I've tried to run it on my arch system but for some reason it keeps eating away all my ram. How does it compare on void, are there any differences?

Also sorry for the bother, would you mind sharing your terminal color scheme?

Attached: 1544331641136.png (647x740, 8K)

it's a bit lighter on void yeah, but qutebrowser is pretty ram hungry, since it's an unholy combo of python and webkit.
I'm waiting for otterbrowser to be stable enough for daily use.
And no, have some self-respect and don't use another man's rice.

Attached: 2018-12-19-1545241226.png (1366x768, 359K)

I'm sorry, what? I literally have one post there from february this year, i think. And how can I possibly be a shill if I'm only telling you that even shitstaind distros need init=sh on heavy breakage? That's like common linux knowledge.

(Checked, nice trips)
It's fun trying to --no-install-recommends and *systemd*- away of it. Plus, installing void in my opinion is labour intensive, I've tried doing a #!-like (openbox + tint2) setup on void, I didn't finish it because I lost myself on making my own gtk theme and openbox theme and there was a lot i could rice and too little time to waste. I can follow a tutorial or install xfce from install media but then what's the point of void being a minimal system that you can install only what you want, asking it to install an entire desktop suite. Please talk me away from.it uwu.

fuck off luke, here's your (You)

>dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda status=progress

Attached: 1529029059007.jpg (240x313, 44K)

it's pretty trivial to install void and use a lightweight WM.
Try windowmaker, it's perfectly usable ootb.
linux systems read my msata as /dev/sdb when a 2.5' drive is attached. I'm wiping this one to use as a torrent drive

I am. And I'm not missing SystemDicks the slightest.

Attached: 2018-12-19-145539_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 202K)

>661 packages
What the fuck do you even do with your computer?

Void counts it differently, every package does. Debian being the most accurate.

Because i'm already using CloverOS

because when I get shit working the way I like it, I don't just throw it out the fucking window to please faggots who post on Jow Forums

As if I would take advice from someone running 1366x768 in the year of our lord 2018. Not to mention a 64-bit OS with 4GB of RAM lol.

>DATA SWALLOW Ver.3.2.2

sorry I'm on gentoo.
also Dision did nothing wrong

What is a better alternative?

no, seriously. would totally use something like an Ace Combat 3 OS

this is what the average gentoo user looks like

Attached: 2018-10-06-1538859956.png (1600x900, 586K)

Even Youtube would be better

>MiG-33
Good taste.

Been running void for a few years now. Its pretty kino. Only issue is i still have to run pulse if I want to use my bluetooth headphones.
> user, bluez-alsa is available in the repos now
I was actually the one that requested it be added on the irc channel. Its just to buggy for me still. Anyone got any hints on making that shit work better.

Thats probably one of the better aspects of void too, its pretty easy for someone to request a package be added to the repos.

did you properly setup an alsa config?
You might have to give it it's own pcm

Beautiful.

meanwhile in heterosexual land

Attached: 2018-12-19-1545259795.png (1366x768, 1.4M)

How is that the case though? Pretty sure spotify's catalog is bigger (if you don't count the shitty electronic music channels)

I’ll say the same thing I said last time this thread was posted: Building from source is a nightmare in Void.

how so
I've built dwm, st and lout from source with no issue

Using the xbps build templates? Using ones that are pre-made is easy, but writing one yourself for a somewhat complex program (like a web browser) is awful.

because i'm too unfocused to get a desktop environment working just like when i tried to use gentoo. I would love to use void though.

There is literally nothing wrong with pulse you stupid mong.

he's just letting it sit idling there and stroking himself in the meantime

no all-purpose regular folk linux install gets away without pulseaudio sweaty.

except youre deaf or something

>she doesn't know how to setup alsa
pathetic

this bait

I got ungoogled-chromium working just fine

Attached: 2018-12-19-1545267300.png (1366x768, 854K)

Because once you go slack, you never go back

>jew

>not being attracted to jewish milkers
goiym I...

Attached: w520dwm.png (1920x1080, 3.77M)

Why would you ever use qutebrowser? It's developed by one man for non profit and has no support for extensions. Also, it makes you look like a tool. We've all been through that phase of trying everything keyboard-based only to revert back to comfy furfox.

Attached: 1520961358523.gif (800x451, 3.33M)

What's the point of using suckless programs when you're gonna run Arch anyway?

ALSA alone can't be used to create a loopback so you can receive signals from JACK and then broadcast it as well as monitor it from a separate device. This is where a proxy layer like PulseAudio comes into play, providing the necessary functionality to achieve audio device and signal management outside of the basic needs of an average user.

Bait or not, nearly 99% of the people who shit on PulseAudio are brainlets who understand very little about professional audio environments or Linux audio in general.

I haven't moved everything over to void + gantoo yet
Everything, down to the mouse is keyboard controlled with my setup. fuck off
You can make seperate pcm devices and hook them all to dmix
and you can mirror pcms. RTFM and stop relying on a tumor that still built on top of alsa

Attached: e6440dwm.png (1600x900, 1007K)

Firefox already has extensions like tridactyl that add a vim-like control interface anyway, and you can change literally every part of its interface with a custom stylesheet and the debugging tools, there is zero reason to use something like qutebrowser if you are willing to take the time to rice Firefox.

I don't need to mirror a pcm, I need to create a sink and monitor it across multiple devices, as well as output it to a broadcast stream.

you can literally do that with alsa
again, pulse is just a tumor on top of alsa, it can't do anything that alsa can't. rtfm

alsa does network audio over IP?

You literally can't do that while also exposing it to JACK, looping it back and broadcasting it, I have tried.
Pulse is literally just a proxy server, it doesn't even buffer so there's no effect on playback performance, you're fucking retarded for thinking an audio proxy layer is in any way, shape or form a bad thing.

Also why the fuck does dmix need aoss if ALSA is capable of that functionality by itself?

Forgot to mention this, Firefox offers virtually unlimited customisation. With a wide selection of vim-like extensions of your choice, qutebrowser is quite frankly obsolete.

Attached: s2.jpg (1366x768, 368K)

>void
>mate

Did you write the template for it yourself?

new desktop picked it up from the printers yesterday waddya thinkg

Attached: 2018-10-06-220018_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

absolutely degenerate

Attached: Spot Healing Brush.jpg (379x212, 47K)

Nice CPU user, I see you are a man of culture as well.

only abi

Attached: 9.gif (250x415, 2.48M)

This guy is alpha as fuck.