Linux users what music player do you use

Linux users what music player do you use

Attached: 1526285806694.jpg (1024x1007, 182K)

mpd + ncmpcpp, but DeadBeeF is also alright I guess.

seconding exactly this setup. I also selfhost a funkwhale instance and recommend sonerezh too, for when you don't have access to your library at work

I love cmus

Tell me more about funkwhale and sonerezh, please. I just have an mpd streaming server I connect to and then remotely control it over console or MPDroid.

Parole

Audacious because it can use global hotkeys without stripping them from other programs.
Deadbeef is also pretty gud.

>ncmpcpp
Is this similar to MPV as far as a great functional player without the bells and whistles that just gets out of yr way and uses very little ram?

Yes, it is full of functionality, yet very low on resources. It allows you to browse, add and manage music, rename songs, etc. basically anything you need a music player to do.

xmms. still the best.

cmus a cute and best

They're just pretty webinterfaces hosted with nginx/apache2. Sonerezh is leightweight and simple, while funkwhale is a more sophisticated application. It has musicbrainz integration and federation support, so you can potentially merge your collection with that of a friend

ocenaudio as equalizer and vlc for playing and listening the audio files

I have a dedicated music player

mocp.

rhythmbox, as a decent UI is mandatory for my use case

Deadbeef or audacious in winamp mode

Why are these all named like ccccnfd prdccdrn?

vlc media player

fbar2k over wine

lmao

Deadbeef with alsa.

I wrote my own. It's pretty much a curses Interface that calls mpv.

Amarok

fpbp

nailed it. but when listening to music off my server I just mount it with sshfs and use mpv

Attached: 2018-12-19-191940_1920x1080_scrot.png (858x619, 20K)

and with all you mean one

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 15441081605470.jpg (728x546, 51K)

epiccccccccc

Attached: ayyyy.png (858x858, 10K)

Youtube

Quod Libet. It has all the features I want and it's the best library management software I've found so far native to Linux.

Attached: quod libet 2.jpg (2077x1296, 946K)

Attached: supgee.png (800x600, 105K)

DeaDBeeF

Attached: 2018-12-19-163810_1920x1029_scrot.png (1920x1029, 138K)

Audacious with a Pulse-JACKDBus (virtual dummy driver)-Pulse-ALSA double loopback, using libviperfx.so ripped from the x86 version of ViPER4Android, a chinese Android audio mod (hooked into JACK via libgstviperfx and gst-plugins-jack) and LADSPA bs2b (hooked into JACK via jackspa-cli)

What benefit do you get from this?

Clementine

emms in emacs or ncmpcpp

It all comes down to "I want muh viperfx". I have yet to discover a way to hook its gstreamer plugin into PulseAudio directly without the whole system becoming a mess. This current setup is fairly flexible, easy-to-use, good-looking (icons in plasma-pa) and most importantly doesn't ever inhibit PulseAudio's control over ALSA devices.

ok but you're limited to a 32-bit kernel? and are you actually using JACKD or just a pretend 'dummy driver'?

ncmpcpp like everyone else

The patrician choice.

Attached: 1530209391104.png (250x244, 88K)

I'm not limited to a 32-bit kernel. libviperfx.so is 32-bit, but iirc only a small part of gstreamer had to be compiled in 32-bit. I'm using actual JACK, with the "dummy" backend driver so as to not occupy any real hardware devices with jackd, it's a glorified audio router at that point. From PulseAudio, I use module-jack-sink to stream audio into JACK (could also use normal JACK clients, useful for REAPER and the like). To get an audio output, I use module-jack-source to return from JACK to PulseAudio, and then module-loopback with jack_in set as a fixed source (source_dont_move) and some custom sink property media.role=music, which essentially makes the loopback always follow the current default sink.

>going through all these trouble to have your music molested by chinks
What the fuck does this viperfx thing even do?

It's the absolute best DSP for Android (lotsa meme effects, a proper equalizer, compressors, lots of variables to play around with). Nothing available for Linux "normally" can compete.

Clementine. Not particularly satisfied with it but I'm similarly unhappy with everything else I try.

That's a new name for me. Will give it a look.

Interesting. I use JACKD with full control of my primary audio hardware (via ALSA) and use the pulse plugins to let my normal desktop apps use sound (via an intermediary 'jamin' EQ), while my latency-sensitive apps use jack directly.

Attached: audio_set_up.jpg (2498x1498, 2.8M)

Why would you waste your time writing this if you know people are never going to call it GNU/Linux.It sounds stupid and will never catch on.I've taken sever high level university LINUX classes from MIT and not have i once seen anyone call LINUX GNU/Linux.I swear your post sounds like Richard stalman wrote it himself.Youre free to waste your time as you please but i like everyone else that is rational will continue to call it Linux...

Yeah I used to have it kinda like that, with JACK plugging into ALSA and PulseAudio abstracted away on top. Much better for latency and also useful if you don't want PulseAudio fucking up your ALSA settings all the time. However recently I started switching between HDMI audio and my built-in sound card quite a lot, which would be somewhat of a hassle to control with JACK, so I decided to finally learn how PulseAudio works and reconfigure my setup around that.

I really enjoy QuodLibet, it's got a nice GUI to interact with and I think most of the features on it are pretty neat.
Shoutout to you man I never see anyone post about parole, I use it for videos.

cmus is comfy

cantata

Got it working but how do I set it up to read my music library from a mounted disk?

mpd/mpc

Audacious

It's worth. Little high on RAM on my machine but overall it's a great just werks player

Sorry, already uninstalled it.

Did seem rather nice, though. Just not a good fit for my use case.

>falling for pasta
user

audacious

audacity is awesome. Its a small transition not to have certain browsing features, but you can just use the search field to find whatever you want.

The fidelity is hugely superior to itunes, and it supports all the major and minor file-types.

sry, i mean audacious

Spotify

Mpd I meant

>fidelity is hugely superior to itunes
I don't use itunes but all the music player does is reading and parsing a datastream from the input file to the decoding library and then OS's sound API, the music player shouldn't do anything to the signal and whatever music player used it should have all the same sound quality.

ikr, I always open audacious when I want to open audacity and audacity when I want to open audacious

die

Honestly I just use smplayer with mpv for everything. Music and video

cmus
mpd + ncmpcpp is bloated

qmmp. it supports winamp 2.x skins

Attached: qmmp.png (275x349, 33K)

I just boot to my mac partition and use audirvana.

Mr Beast
>based

it hasnt been updated in over a year

this tbhdesu

Lollypop

mpd+ncmpcpp+beets for organization

Attached: 1200px-Clementine_logo.svg.png (1200x1066, 172K)

I use Linux because I like to be cool, hipster, and edgy. All these normies listen to music, so I don't. I make my own vaporware music in the mountains in my self made lodge, and eat raw fish when I read Yukio Mishima, and learn Japanese.

rhythmbox or mpv depending on my mood

vlc but I'm not an autist

I just wish Quod Libet wasn't written in Python. I don't need my music player taking up half a GB of RAM.

The one that really whips the llamas ass.

This

mplayer

Spotify

bob@something:~/Documents$ ps aux | head -n 1
USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
bob@something:~/Documents$ ps aux | grep quod
dan 3728 0.3 1.4 2415088 242964 ? Sl Dec11 44:24 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/quodlibet --run --play-file
bob@something:~/Documents$ cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal
MemTotal: 16349464 kB

Hmm 1.4% of 16GB... half of a half of a GB. With over 10k songs, and with quod libet running for at least a few days without restart.

Clementine

videoLAN player (VLC). Sometimes i'll use vlc-nox.

based choice

Foobar2k

Spotify

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.