/netsec/ - Computer Security General

Paintently waited for /cyb/ + /sec/ to die out

/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, malware research, etc

Discord: discord.gg/jHZxsd9

What are you learning, /netsec/?

>Learning
cybrary.it/
n0where.net/
offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed
resources.infosecinstitute.com/
windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/
sans.org/reading-room/
allitebooks.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
learncodethehardway.org/c/
corelan.be/index.php/articles/
opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html
blackhat.com/html/archives.html
securitytube.net/
opensecuritytraining.info/Welcome.html
beginners.re/
phrack.org/
phrack.org/archives/issues/49/14.txt -- Smashing The Stack For Fun And Profit
howto.hackallthethings.com/
pastebin.com/raw/cRYvK4jb -- Phineas Phisher Gamma
pastebin.com/raw/0SNSvyjJ -- Phineas Phisher HackingTeam
pastebin.com/pm1WLXQj -- AnonSec OpNasaDrones
archive.org/stream/pdfy-rJnW-pPgiHK61dok/Black Hat Python, Python Programming for Hackers_djvu.txt
github.com/rpisec/mbe
reverse engineering
microcorruption.com/
github.com/dennis714/RE-for-beginners

>News/CVE releases
threatpost.com/
deepdotweb.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
cvedetails.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
rapid7.com/db/
0day.today/

>CTF/Wargames
overthewire.org/wargames/
pentesterlab.com/
itsecgames.com/
exploit-exercises.com/
enigmagroup.org/
smashthestack.org/
3564020356.org/
hackthissite.org/
hackertest.net/
0x0539.net/
vulnhub.com

Attached: CyberPatriotBlack.png (544x527, 120K)

>/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security
>söycord botnet

convenience > security

you mad, autist?

what do when your boss tells you to incorporate an outdated piece of technology that you know is vulnerable into a product?

I already quit that toxic company but some nights I lose sleep over it. They also moved me off a project where I designed the security before I cleared it. The features were working but there is still a gaping backdoor there, especially if they install it improperly for the customer (which they will).

can I sue them for defamation if they end up pointing the finger at me? I warned them explicitly about it, but never in writing, because I wanted to contain the information.

If you don't have anything in writing you're fucked, be careful user

alternatively now that you know the backdoor ... you could break back in. Kidding, but if possible maybe you could contact their current security dude and warn him about it? He'd probably appreciate it.

Attached: DogBush.png (1440x1042, 2.21M)

the management is chock full of morons with massive egos. and the dudes (plural) that are set to replace me stabbed me in the back once (and are also morons).

on the customer side, i can't warn them (I think) because I have an nda with the supplier.

shit nigga, just pray for the best

might want to talk with a lawyer about this though, they'd definitely be more qualified to help you rather than some shitposter skiddies from Jow Forums

My brother in high school competes in this thing, what exactly is it? I recognized the logo from his tshirt he got. He's interested in Linux now though so they must be doing something right.

High School version of CCDC. You get points for hardening Windows/Ubuntu, stuff like ufw enable and managing ports/backdoors or "critical services" like SSH or ftp

t. competed in high school

vlan, virtualize and isolate the hell out of it.
oh, and a confirmation in writing, after stating the potential risks

Guys I just got my masters in Mehcanical Engineering.
How do I get a cybersec job?

I'll leave this here, just in case

why not get a job in ME

It's boring as fuck.

>Paintently waited for /cyb/ + /sec/ to die out
it's still up lmao

I’m confused why they even considered /cyb/ being up, it’s packed full of nothing but LARPers who don’t actually give a shit about security.

is this the new hackerman general

so is cybersec
all you do is make sure all the servers have enough memory, and patch whatever's on your list when something crops up.

Sounds comfy honestly, I’m hoping between my russian language skills, security clearance, and comsci degree I can land a cushy gov job doing exactly that for big cash

what was hackerman general about?

How to get yr first step into a system, information gathering, where to attack. Hackthebox has humbled me about how much I dont kniw at all. Its a challenge tho and even when I fail, I learn more than I thought i could