What's your thoughts on this Jow Forums?

What's your thoughts on this Jow Forums?

Attached: inb4ChinkSpies.jpg (596x500, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allamerican-electronic.myshopify.com/discount/CHRISTMASSALE?fbclid=IwAR2rPe69qm_OWGI5jcyrq0kDNfexfjzTKlKzbKxTOGGl5MHPtdbBZBv_vTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neat laptop but it’s chink shit so can’t entirely be trusted.

>huawei
no thanks.

>Intel
useless
Too bad AMD's management is brain dead so they didn't include lpddr support and huawei couldn't make a decent laptop with it.

enjoy the chink spying

>no trackpoint
>mediocre looking keyboard
>inconveniently large touchpad
Screen seems fine I guess.

>battery dies in less than 12 months
T-thanks Huawei. They are the worst Chinese brand, even Xiaomi got this important thing right.

>AMD

Attached: HomeonFire.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

>Huawei

literally a dead company in the places that matter.

Attached: 1472365653544.png (576x699, 194K)

Did they release the bitch yet?

poobuntu looks GIMPed into that image

Don't Ryzen laptops have a lot of issues?

Like what, annoying intel kikes?

I see a lot of reviews on Amazon saying that they don't perform as well as the specs imply.

>$1600 AUD

miss me with that. for that sort of money I could get a far better pc that doesn't have yellow cunts spy on me

Attached: 1538122108553.jpg (258x330, 21K)

I got a pretty good computer here
allamerican-electronic.myshopify.com/discount/CHRISTMASSALE?fbclid=IwAR2rPe69qm_OWGI5jcyrq0kDNfexfjzTKlKzbKxTOGGl5MHPtdbBZBv_vTA

Show me a single person who even uses a laptop webcam ever. They fucked up big time here putting one in the keyboard, wasting everyones time

My grandma.

>chink spying device the thread

Attached: 1543503626726.jpg (600x650, 77K)

>matebook
>runs foot os
you had one job

that's a laptop

The actual problems with the APU Ryzens is driver support - lack of up to date drivers made many people to see crashes and freezes. Laptop manufacturers don't give a shit about AMD and never update drivers in their websites. AMD took flak about not forcing the OEMs to update drivers, and their officials recently addressed it in r/amd. I am planning to buy an A485 with a Ryzen 2500U but I will wait how things work out with the drivers.

your dongle is hanging out

>dongle joke
reported

I like it. For a chink spyware it actually only come with 1 semi useful bloatware program (it does all your driver updates for your hardware) on windows.

Should not be a problem if you run linux on it, but there's speaker kernel bug that even with hdajackretask hack you're not getting as good of a sound coming out of speakers.

If you decide to run windows on it, just do first time update with the Huawei PC manager to make sure your driver is up to date, run the windows debloater and then nuke the Huawei PC manager

Nice table, i hope that usb is minecraft

>too much of a mbp copy
>super ugly chink company logo on the back
for that money I'd rather get an X1 carbon or a XPS 13

You should get a T400s with libreboot

you know the only reason amazon reviews exist is so that jeff can laugh his ass off about how dumb his customers are?

>>too much of a mbp copy
>>super ugly chink company logo on the back
>for that money I'd rather get an X1 carbon or a XPS 13

You save a couple hundred bucks by getting Matebook rather than XPS13 on the same spec. Just put a sticker over the ugly logo. HP also come stock with more bloatware on Windows compared to Huawei

>You save a couple hundred bucks
I tend to use my notebooks for around 5 years. after 3 years they're written off completely. so "A couple hundred bucks" over 5 years is nothing really.
+ resale value of thinkpads is retarded high. gen 3 X1 still fetch 800 - 900 euros here. gen 2 go for 600 euros.
now that calculation looks completely different for some unknown chink brand only social welfare queens tend to know because it makes cheap smartphones

band

You forgot about the throttling.

10/10 would buy

neck pain

>flat keyboard
>maxipad
>noports

No thanks

I can appreciate it even if I wouldn't use it. I'd want a trackpoint and a different distro, but it's at least good enough that if a friend were using it, I wouldn't feel bad for him.

That would be the 2700U. I am not sure if the 2500U and 2300U actually throttle, especially in ThinkPads.

I'm sure they eventually will move to compete more seriously in the laptop segment, they are a relatively small company compared to Intel and it seems like their hands are full from taking on the beast in the most important segment

>he doesn't know the ABSOLUTE STATE of Ryzen Mobile laptops

1) This one is mainly OEM's fault. They botch the STAPM(Tskin) limits such that many laptops throttles prematurely, at comparatively low temperatures such as 70 centigrade.

2) AMD using Tskin limits universally on the Mobile chips in the first place. Tskin only makes sense for passive cooled devices, but due to that implementation the OEMs put ridiculous STAPM limits to gimp the product line. They do power gimping on Intel laptops too by setting the upper and lower power limits. This is why the X1 Carbon performs much better than a E480 assuming both uses the 8550U and IGP because the X1 Carbon has unlimited power limits whereas IIRC the E480 is 25(short)/15(sustained). The T480 has a power limit significantly higher than the E480, but there is still a power limit. This is why only the more expensive devices such as the X1 Carbon can reach 85+ centigrade, because the other value lineups are artificially limited. From what I see, most AMD Ryzen laptops are universally limited as compared to an Intel Equivalent (e.g. A485 vs T480).

3) Power management and idle power draw is very high on Ryzen mobile, approximately 3 times the idle power draw on a good day. This leads to roughly half the battery life of the device as compared to an Intel equivalent (e.g. E480 vs E485), or still lower battery life than Intel+discrete graphics(which are often better than a Vega 8/10, such as a high TDP MX150).

4) AMD does not allow drivers from their very own website to install. Instead, they rely on the OEMs to push out updates. Of course, you can imagine what happened.

5) AMD's current firmware/drivers/AGESA is still buggy. There are various reports of basic applications malfunctioning, such as VLC glitching. It became very annoying because users have to resort to alternatives. In a nutshell, Ryzen Mobile is not stable, unlike their Ryzen Desktop counterparts.

what rock are you living under?

Attached: 1539278898009.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

I like mine

basically if you expect driver support on windows you sol however amdgpu mesa works well on them on the gnu/linux side

looks pretty sexy

Phones? I wouldn't say so, especially since they're the second largest manufacturer out there...