"I don't want to be a software engineer. I just want to make videogames"

>"I don't want to be a software engineer. I just want to make videogames"
That's like a kid playing football in primary school saying that he just wants to be in the NFL.

Attached: 1413078392320.jpg (251x242, 10K)

He wants to be a producer but doesn’t have the capital to do so.

Who's the bigger brainlet, the brainlet, or the brainlet who thinks it's worth making a thread about him?

Who's the bigger brainlet, the brainlet, the brainlet who thinks it's worth making a thread about him, or the brainlet who replies to the thread?

Not everyone working on videogames is a software engineer.
Just pick the easiest path through college and keep bothering your local videogame company every day until they hire you just to shut you up.

Attached: todd1.png (476x316, 202K)

>something anyone with a 90+ iq can do is like something only 1700 of the finest athletes in the world can do
What did OP mean by this?

you have to be very good to make videogames. They require optimization, and really test your abilities.

False. Anyone can make a buggy heap of shit.

Video games are where failed programmers go to recoup their losses.

You know fuckall about the video game industry if you think it's all programming

game programming isn't that hard if you're just someone making indie shit, and honestly just doing the programming part is easy enough. hardware is so good these days that your shitty unoptimized code will do just fine. the actual hard part is content, being a gamedev requires being a jack of all trades

based

No, its more like a kid playing a football vidya game saying that he wants to be in the NFL.

not an """"Indie"""" video game

i thought he meant theres like designers, artists, writers, etc. too

who in their right mind would want to be a software engineer
wish I didn't fall for this shit meme and saved myself from getting a CE degree

just use Unity or something

>release buggy shitty product lacking in content
>fill it gambling, lootboxes, DLC
>day one patch that doesn't fix bugs but add more gambling
>hope modding community fixes your garbage
>dont even give them a copy, but a any-time-revokable license
woah sure is hard being a """game programmer"""

>3D 6 gazillion polygon games are the only kind of games that exist

Attached: brainletpit.png (1416x1600, 606K)

It's the only kind of games that makes billions.

Those are made by literal armies of non-programmers. CPUs and GPUs are retarded powerful now. Nobody optimizes shit for shineola unless they work for Epic or Unity.

Those people aren't though. The real guys are definitely a higher level of skill than people making enterprise software.