What is the ultimae Linux distro?

So I was thinking what is the best Linux distro avaliable at the moment. Is it one I have heard of or is it one I haven't?

Attached: 001.jpg (1030x708, 129K)

ubuntu
/thread

As with literally everything: it depends.
Use arch or gentoo if you want to install everything/compile everything by hand, learning what shit does and how to fix it if it ever breaks on any other distros too.
Use like mint or fedora otherwise. Fuck ubongo, I have 4 archnigs I know that have installed it and within a month each the installation has ended up fucked in some way.

>I have heard of
Obviously.
A distro you haven't heard of could never be a good distro.
The reason why Ubuntu is good is because people use it.
When everyone uses the same libraries, it is easier to manage.
I use Ubuntu because everyone else do at work, so I don't end up with weird problems others don't have to deal with.

Now if this is not a concern, you can use whatever you find easiest. I personally like arch and have used that for several years until switching to chakra (because better kde repo) that is niche enough for my specific use case (I want arch, but I don't want to compile Firefox all the time, so I switch to a repo where it is fine by default)

Can sb prove that OpenSuse Leap 15 is kicked ass distro?

>ended up fucked in some way.
Ubuntu and mint is very similar, so if you fuck up one, you would most likely have fucked up the other.
Using arch and Gentoo as a learning tool is pretty meaningless, you can learn a lot more a lot faster by following a book like the advanced bash guide or something topic specific

Windows 10 LTSC

But learning by doing is a lot more fun and >reading a book isn't the same as sitting down for a while, getting your laptop in working order and then just using it. You're taking time away from doing shit instead of having it in the back of your mind just seeping in.
"why do I have to set the interface to down everytime I want to connect to a network" because netctl is a nigger, use netctl-auto
Then again you're right in that it mostly gives you a basic understanding of everything, but that's more useful to most users than knowing the ins and outs of any one part completely

Obviously it depends, but I tend to suggest Artix and Void to people who aren't newbies, and Parabola to the superchads

*ahem*
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (x64)

Ubuntu/Mint, Debian elsewise

Everything else is meme shit

Slackware

Ubuntu/debian for newbies
fedora/opensuse and the above is you want shit done or doing business shit.
Arch if you're frisky.

Solus, it's got the best defaults out of any distro, has things like discord and etcher in its repos, a great installer with easy access to proprietary drivers and provides one of the most cohesive desktop experiences available.

What's the difference from LTSC 2019 and LTSB 2019?

I use elementary os. Just wanted comfy defaults and not wasting my time with configuration. Also Pantheon works great on atom/2gb

The one I am using

Kubuntu LTS + Kernel >= 4.19 + Mesa >=1.9

as always: Arch

There is no 2019 LTSB just LTCS now its the same shit

Netrunner Rolling.

There's no best/ultimate distro my dude, only the one which best meets your needs.
Read around, look at each distro's strengths, weaknesses and philosophy, then try your favourites out in a VM.
If you find you have a favourite that does everything you need it to do, install it natively.
I'm running Debian, for instance, because I prioritise stability over recency and it werks flawlessly on my machine.
Don't fall for the elitism memes either; something being an obscure/"hardcore" distro doesn't mean it's good.

Attached: 1545077750362.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Bedrock linux

Unironically Peppermint. It's comfy af, and really convenient and good for newbs.

We been sayin' it for years, lad...

Attached: 1527045221180.jpg (326x273, 18K)

Take Debian Testing with Kde or any other DE of choice, just switch if wished, wait another decade and there won't be an ultimate distro even pass all that time ...

your're mom

Attached: tpgf8.webm (464x848, 919K)

This, supports most hardware, has wizards n' shit and it's pretty fucking stable.
Only thing is outdated software, but I really don't care about running latest versions unless it's firefox or other software like that.
Also can fucking run steam and play GTA and AoE2 so I'm good.

I use Solus too. But I am not sure I would call it the best. Maybe at some point in the future.

Depends what you want from it.