At what age did you start using Linux?

At what age did you start using Linux?
>zoomer edition

Attached: 1519099304327.jpg (670x335, 56K)

Never. When Linux supports all the gaymes I play effectively like Windows then I will.

Around 16 I got interested in Linux but I only got around installing around a year later. I tried to get a Ubuntu CD in the mail but it never arrived. Also the only computer I had was also used by my mom for work and I couldn't mess with it.

installed it once, then uninstalled again... still use it on my server though.

would be great if unity wasn't dropped and if it had real applications.

>t. 19

14, but only started using it as my main OS around age 22.

>zoomers
I first used it in 2005 when I was 19, I did some data recovery with a live CD. I first installed it on a system and used it regularly in 2009 or so.

Attached: 1514669530847.jpg (973x599, 248K)

i think i'd be about 14 then

was given a new pc and it came with windows ME, and that wasn't something that could stand to exist

my first distro was ubuntu 12.04 LTS
rate me

20. windows 10 is just intolerable.

11 or 12. Our government used to develop its own distro

Ubuntu 12.04 was shite.

10.04, now that was a release.

around kernel 2.0.38.

15 and by 17 I needed something productive so I installed windows

26 now
I regret everything

(I'm almost 20)

Just this year. 22

I firts tried out when i was 7 but didn't understand anything and just played super tux because it came preinstalled with it. Only started using it again when i was 15 and it became my main os when I was 16.

am 26 now
regret nothing

Best Korea?

>First installed it on a Chromebook in high school
>got scared due to terrible dpi scaling and not knowing any of the application names
>went back to chrome OS
>installed it on a raspberry pi in college
>installed it on my laptop and used it for around two years
>went through a few distros, mainly Ubuntu, arch, and Manjaro
>grew increasingly unimpressed with support for creative applications and games, as well as complications with doing everyday tasks
>switched to windows on desktop and macOS on laptop around age 21
>never looked back

I was born in 93, the same year i went full slack after tons of distrohops

Somewhere around 21, stopped around 25
linux is joke

>t. casual who wanted to seem like a 1337 h4x0r

>At what age did you start using Linux?
In 2006, so I was around 19-20.

>install ubuntu
>can't adjust mouse acceleration without fucking around with config files
>uninstall ubuntu

Started at 14, stopped at 16. Nvidia optimus effectively killed Linux for me.

11, and now im 18. i couldnt find a gf so i got programming socks and found a bf. linux made me a faggot

at 12, uhu linux
nowadays I am using windows exclusively

t. 21

I tried linux when I was 13 or 14, 7.smt or 8.smt i think it was. Never used till I inherited my dads broken screen laptop which i hooked to a monitor and used is as a desktop with linux mint, which it eventually broke.

Since then I installed it in several of my devices, used for disk recovery and wifi hacking some live usb, but never really used it in a day to day basis.

About 17; I never liked Windows and was shit at IT, then two lads in my college came in with something called Arch Linux on their laptops.
Looked interesting, so I burned an Ubuntu DVD and installed it on my then laptop, the atrocious Dell D630.
Been a Linux user ever since, currently on Debian after: Fedora, CentOS, Arch and Gentoo.
>Why not MacOS?
I'd never touched MacOS till about two months ago (doing a reinstall on someone's MacMini) because neither me nor anyone around me could afford anything MacOS ran on.

like 28 or 29 years old. currently i am 32

i tried linux much earlier but never stuck with it until fairly recently. the reason was that linux never had a decent media player until mpv. that's one of the main reasons i was still using windows. i now use linux

Attached: 43371276_257472828301713_7875455752834383872_n.jpg (480x480, 57K)

I know it was ubuntu 8.04, so I must have been 10 or 11.

21yo here. I think my first time was in elementary school, but it was around late middle school / early high school that I got serious about it and used it full time.

Why do you fear config files? They are universal, consistent, predictable, configurable without needing a display.

Like a month ago as my main os

13 to 14
I learned about this weird thing called Linux on the internet years prior but didn't think much of it
Then, when driving home from a road trip, it just burst into my head for some reason
A flashed Ubuntu onto a flash drive and started playing with it
From there I saw there were many distros one in particular being Arch linux
Of course I didn't have the skill nor nerve yet to install it, so instead I tried Manjaro
After that though, I went full Arch. The install is what gave me my initial terminal chops

never, shit's garbage

16 or 17 I guess. It was because my pc is too shitty to run blender properly on Windows. I heard that blender runs better on Linux, so I tried Ubuntu. It was comfy.

hi zoomer

12, started with that distro chooser site that recommended me Mandriva, good old kde4 crashes

I'm confused as to whether this is a joke

Ubuntu 8.04

nice siz

5 years ago. I was 14 at the time
fun fact: My first distro was fedora Because my father used it at work.

14 because I was an autist even in middle school. Been using it full-time since 15.
KDE has an option for a "flat" acceleration curve. As far as I can tell it's 0 acceleration.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

When I was 15. I'm 25 now and it's all I use.

Attached: 1516490615958.png (1024x910, 88K)

no I just put it in a virtual machine. now i use superior generic OS windows and boot up the virtual machine whenever some autist requires linux related garbage

>started using linux when 15
Bad habits start young

Well I haven't had a single problem with it the entire time I've used it. Windows and Mac OS on the other hand are different stories.

RH9 in my teens, Gentoo in College, fucked around with Gentoo, FreeBSD and Fedora ever since. Still primarily on Windows though. I have to work sometimes.

around 13 or 14. Ubuntu with 14 LTS, everything felt snappier and the fonts were nicer than on windows

GPU support on laptops is literally all that's stopping me from migrating. I don't even give a shit about games, I just want my hardware to work.

about the same age he realized he would never touch a boobie

Attached: starship_you_got_this.gif (250x136, 2.03M)

on whatever age i was allowed to own a computer.
I think I was 15 or something.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, Android, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Android system made useful by the Bionic corelibs, Toybox utilities and other open source software comprising a full OS designed for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Many users run a proprietary version of the Android system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Android which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Android system, developed by Google.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Android operating system: the whole system is basically Android with Linux added, or simply Android. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of Android.

>not just burning your own disk

15, friend sent me a disc
I still didn't complete "the Linux command line" book though

This

I guess somewhere around 14, with a disc containing Edubuntu 9.04.

Been curious about it ever since, and slowly it came to replace Windows for me since 2014.

14. eclipse wouldn't install on windows so i installed ubuntu instead. immediately got myself brainwashed w/ revolution os and my conversion was complete.

Installed Red Hat 6 on my mom's computer when I was about 14 or 15 (now 32). Couldn't get dialup to work. She was not happy. :(
Didn't really use it again til I was about 25.

installed ubuntu on my school laptop when i was 11, been using it on and off ever since
desktop still runs windows but all my laptops run linux

When I was 19 or 20. Now here I am, 5 years later, realizing what a waste of time it's generally been. Win10 is an absolutely putrid operating system, and there's a slew of things I miss about Linux, but I just don't have the time to autistically tweak things or fuck around with Wine/VMs anymore. Maybe in a few years things will be better, things have been looking up especially this past year or so.

When I was 29, used it for 2 months, missed my games and begged windows to take me back. Then I realized games are for cucks, switched back to Linux and haven't looked back.

My uncle graduated from cs and installed a unknown distro on my parents' desktop when I was like 4 or 5.

I must have been 12 or 13 when i first tried linux,
I was at a dinner party when the host over heard me talking to someone about ms-dos.
He pulled me aside gave me some books and loaned me his think-pad loaded up with Backtrack 4 (I think).
I have experienced the joys of installing Gentoo and Arch and I dont think i would trade any of it for any waifu.

2011 or 11 years old.
>t. Zoomer++

i started when i was 13yo with ubuntu 10.04, been using ubuntu as main distro until 10.04 ended it's support, then jumped a bit to debian, crunchbang, mint, bunsen and then did a brief return to ubuntu for ubuntu gnome 16.04, before gnome 3 turned full meme got off the ship to bunsen, used it as main desktop and then switched over mint mate 18 for both desktop and laptop, i currently run ubuntu mate 18.04 on my laptop as main OS cuz i'm using my laptop a lot more recently, desktop has dual booth with mint tessa mate and windows 7 for those few odd apps that bug out on wine