OLED is a meme

>OLED is a meme

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 16.03.17.png (647x656, 482K)

1m is nothing though

Why does panel tech suck so much?
Why can't we have a tech with high response times, good viewing angles, deepest darkest blacks, and no backlight bleeding shit.

1 mil sets, not dollars, idiot.

I believe it was called CRT.

1m SALES is nothing

there are 125m people in Japan, probably 50-60m households. 1 in 50 are 'poised' to get a single OLED TV, with OLED being shilled as 'the best' since like 2015?

Yep. OLED is a meme.

CRTs degrade and give literal eye cancer, also have visible distortion effects. They're bulky as fuck so big ones are out of the question unless you lease a mobile crane to transport it and break down a wall in your house to fit it into.

Plasma

Title
>Japan manufacturers going to sell 1m

Story
>LG is ready sell boatloads of OLED panels
???

SED

remember how well the Pet Rockā„¢ sold? popularity is not synonymous with functionality.

image burning

do oleds still rot and burn out some colors faster than others?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE OLED MONITORS WHY IS EVERY 21:9 FUCKING VA IPS TN SHIT

They are small. Cinema needs big screen.

I've had a CRT my whole life. I was thinking about getting an OLED tv to finally upgrade my life, Should I do it?

Attached: current_setup.jpg (3162x2448, 765K)

OLED production isn't profitable. Even Samsung gave up on making OLED TVs.

fpbp, 1 million units is fucking nothing compared to other technologies, particularly LCD's

total tv sales in 2017 were 223 MILLION units.

OLED is not even close to a single percent of the market share.

Blurry

Get a VA panel instead.

we need to shill the burn in harder so OLED price would drop

How does the image retention on OLED panels compare to the burn-in on Plasma panels? I still have an old plasma screen that looks fantastic, only slight problem is image retention if I play a game on it for a long time, but even that is nearly eliminated by not using the "vivid" image setting.

This is the correct answer.

waiting for that user to shoot this down with 3 words or less cause idk shit about this

OLEDs only burn in if you keep the same image on in any part of the screen for a LONG time (probably a day or so non-stop would do it), but anecdotally speaking, most people never get burn in after years of usage, while for others some slight burn in happens after a year or so.
However, you can only really notice it on a white background.

New meme: Defining the subpixel count as the new resolution.

Attached: Alt-Right activist Jordan B Peterson recruiting two new members at the alhamdula school exhibition.j (1080x712, 88K)

I can already see it: Advertising WRGB the best way.

>"Buy our shit, it has white pixels" - cumpanies
>"hurr why? I don't le get it. I must consume iPhone instead." - customers

vs.

>"Buy our shit, it has 25% more pixels"
>"hurr durr okay, here's my shekels, LG!"

How can I feel so empty inside yet comfy while looking at this picture?

roll

I have a 55 in 4k LED TV that's burning the shit out of my eyes and I need a new TV. Should I go with OLED or stick with my original plan of buying a smaller 4k LED TV?

>shit blacks
>flickering and bad response times
>image burn in
>shit power consumption and heat output
They're the exact opposite of what OP asked for. Bad technology that died for a reason

thanks user, whats a good ~50" VA tv?

The average OLED TV is worth far more than the average LCD though, don't forget that.