/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: da465317c915135bdc44f92ca2b41612.jpg (1250x1786, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/
warwickacoustics.com/headphones/collection/technology/reference/#ess-sabre-reference-dac
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-audio-gd-r2r11-dac-amp.5779/
head-fi.org/threads/massdrop-x-focal-elex-review-measurements.867615/page-53#post-14241247
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tits

S T A X
T
A
X

Weboob

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 1545265019908[1].jpg (745x480, 42K)

nigger dick

Stax incels on suicide watch

Where are her feet?

>S T A X
Objectively garbage. Read

6.2” wh*teboi “penis” was rated lower in blind tests than a 6.3” nigger dick
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/

LOL, wh*te “penis” is literally cuckold garbage

You seem to have a rather obvious fixation on the male genital, are you perhaps a raging homosexual?

You seem to have a rather obvious fixation on Stax, are you perhaps a raging staxlet?

Threadly reminder that the Chad Sonoma 1 is the only static worth getting, everything else is garbage that only poorfag staxlets buy. Look at this masterful non chink plastic feeling/looking, actually comfortable piece of art. Truly gods gift for your ears.

Attached: 20180202122918_Review_Sonoma_Model_One_5.jpg (1500x1200, 378K)

I am looking to buy my first pair of open back headphones, which is better, the Sennheiser HD 598SR or the Sennheiser HD 599?

No I'm just not gay

They are very similar to each other but lack in bass a little which the hd 579 has

>5k$
Just get good speakers and build a sound room.

Too bothersome

warwickacoustics.com/headphones/collection/technology/reference/#ess-sabre-reference-dac
>Due to the need for DSP to achieve the target frequency response, all incoming analog signals must first be converted to digital. This is undertaken in a multi-channel 32-bit/384 kHz AKM Premium ADC chip

they're garbage, they couldn't get them to sound good so they need to DSP the shit out of the signal

Works on my machine ;p

Cute!

Fuck off

then why do you suck nigger dick

broken by design

same shit as genelec monitors
need tons of dsp processing to sound decent

I think you are confused as YOU are the one happily sucking on a dick

post mudcannons

>t. triggered sennheiser incel

are K702 good for a boomer? He says he diesn't like the pressure from closed backs

Pulled the trigger on the Takstar Pro 82 from China. Validate (or make me regret) my purchase, Jow Forums.

I'm poor as shit and I would never buy chink garbage.

Everything else (that wasn't a huge jump in budget) seemed to have serious drawbacks.

You can grab ATH-AD700x for under 100 bucks or save a bit for DT 770/880. All of those are excellent headphones with a very fair price.

Is that the best you can do? Or did i *snap* your nerves with my superior german skills. Even in WWII the japs were below us.

cringe

Just admit already that sennheiser is the best

>ATH-AD700x
>$190 in Germany
CRAAAWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

Attached: 1544033971592.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

>tfw no comfy k712s because they are expensive and probably not worth replacing current 6xxs

Attached: 1483555702780.gif (400x300, 553K)

Get cheap beyers locally then. Chink garbage invariably has shit build quality and will break in no time. Even expensive chink garbage like hifiman isn't an exception. By continously buying trash you only end up spending more.

Repent

Attached: enlightenstax.png (1200x756, 597K)

If i had to make a top tier list..

Stax l300/l700/007
Senn hd800(s) / mod / EQ
Hd660
Dt1990
K712 pro
Hd 600/650

Wish i could put the k712's higher... :(

I would put the dt 1990 in front of the 660

I want more answers.

What headphones are worth buying in the $500+ range? Already have stax, LCD2C. LCDX. HD 800, DT 1990 written down to check out.

I enjoy the k712 for what they are u don't need them to be better than other headphones. Their looks comfort and sound quality always brings me back to them even though i have headphones that are considered to be better. Others have the same effect with the hd600 or other headphones.

The AkG sound signature is unique, so it can be fun to listen to even when you have listened to better.

damn, she looks just like me!

Post feet

>Budget
200€
>Location
Germany
>Source
My pc
>Type of headphone
Circumaural
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
Comfy for hours
>Sound signature
Don't know, I like a bit of bass, but I mostly just want clear sound
>Past headphones
4 cheap garbage gamer shit that all broke after 2 months, I'm so done with cheap garbage. Someone save me from this hell.
My options are
Seinheiser hd559 - 100€
hd569 - 115€
hd599 - 145€
Beyerdynamic dt770/custom one pro - 140€ each
Audio technica ath ad500x - 130€
ad700x - 166€
msr7 - 170€
Which one should I get and why?
Sorry for the long post

Can't you get the DT880 250ohms?

Which headphones pair is the closest thing to a X2, but instead closed and portable for €200? B&O H6 is a bit over but seems to fit the bill.

I only do cash on delivery so amazon is out. And no local shop has them, I looked everywhere. I looked through caseking, mindfactory, saturn, media markt and arlt.
So no, unless there's another site that does cod that I'm not aware of?

Try some ZMF stuff too.

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-audio-gd-r2r11-dac-amp.5779/
>Audio-gd r2r11
>Literally a 10bit DAC
Not even schiit is as garbage as this

Focal clear, Hifiman HE6(SE), HE5SE, Arya, fostex TH900/909, meze empyrean, ibasso SR1, ath adx5000 or 2000x if you can still find them, Denon ah-d5200, 7200 and 9200

Half of those are garbage, but I won't tell you which.

Anyone else use the Meze 99 Classics

>focal
*click*
>hifiman
*falls apart*

focal, meze, ibasso and denons

aye nigga

Attached: hpg.jpg (5643x7524, 3.68M)

Clear is the only one that doesn't clicks

There was some video posted on ASR about one of agd models in which some chinese dude showed that agd unit had high distortion levels only on maximum output level

Close.

Thomann or bax-shop?

By the way the American price for the Focal Elear is a steal these days. They're still over a thousand bucks after tax at home in Europe, and that only explains half the price difference.

All of them have this issue. Focal themselves confirmed the clear is affected too

th900/600 or d7k

Attached: DSC_0568.jpg (1496x1000, 231K)

head-fi.org/threads/massdrop-x-focal-elex-review-measurements.867615/page-53#post-14241247
>Finally, regarding Clear headphones, they have been designed like Utopia, Elear and Elex headphones and have the same mechanical clipping.

Ah thank you, I usually don't order online, so I didn't know where else to look
So the dt880 250ohm would be better?
Do I need any additional equipment or can I just plug it into my pc?
Never used high impedance headphones before.

No, they weren't worth buying in the first place and their price drop reflects that. Actually, focal themselves are just anal appearance and makes vendors display the fake ass msrp so people like you fall for it. Vendors will sell you them at significant discounts. Even during launch you could get the focal clear for $1k-1.1k *new* compared to it's msrp which is 1.5k. Focal is all fluff, they even sent tyll a unicorn utopia without it's shitty treble spike that every other utopia has measured with

Who cares? Cheaper units exist with more power output, smaller form factor, and better measurementd

anyone here own the DT1990? Opinions?

I do, they're better than HD 600 and also pretty + well built.

Thanks.
What about between it and Fidelio X2 and the Beyer DT1990? Anyone here can provide a comparison?

There are a lot of impressions of the DT1990 that contradict his. They have a treble spike which makes them very colored and fatiguing. Look at reviews on head-fi and reddit so you can have a better informed opinion than some random user who says nothing more than "they are better"

>look at head-fi and reddit
LOL

1990 has less niggerbass but the bass is more controlled and tighter. Mids and highs are better and overall they're considerably more revealing, which can be a minus if you listen to poorly recorded garbage. They're just a general step up, the build quality is also much better and they're not autistically bulky like X2.

The treble spike is a meme, they aren't anything like 990, they actually sound tamer than 880. Maybe it's related to amplifier.

By the way, a light EQ will make 1990 darker, lower highs and make them a bit less revealing. They can sound like a bassier HD 600 (still more resolving though).

Have any of you guys ever tested the Audio Technica AT2020?
Being wanting a good entry level condenser mic for a while now and i just found one for a good price.

X2's have the advantage that they sound good out of a smartphone too, of course an dac/amp makes them sound better but the difference is miniscule compared to the dt 1990. The only problem i have with them is finding replacement earpads, because phillips refuses to provide any even if you sent them in for repair. Beyerdynamics are easy to repair and the market is flooded with replacement parts.

I'm gonna be using them only at my desk and with my cheapo turntable with a FiiO E10K and occasionally with a Bravo Audio V2

Takstar planar fucking when?

Attached: image.png (1536x1920, 1.58M)

Philips doesn't even sell replacement pads (the pads are top tier and long lasting though) and the headphones start falling apart after a few months. At first they look like they're well built but then you notice that it's chink tier deception. Cups become loose and you can't fix that, the lower portion of the headband unglues, paint easily rubs off.
There's also a "whooshing" sound when you turn your head around, the cable doesn't even lock and the way cabling is done is fucking stupid and impossible to fix if anything goes wrong.

Wait what? Is that an image from takstar?

It's from their 2017 catalogue pdf

I don't have that problem, my x2's are 4 years old and are still looking and working perfectly fine. it's the replacement earpad problem that pisses me of, its a great headphone designed to be a throwaway product.

Are there any news as to when will JDS Labs release a new DAC?
I want the EL DAC with a weeb engraving but not if it'll be obsolete within a few months

Engrave loli haha

Attached: image.jpg (2500x1767, 3.17M)

*sniffs headphone girl smelly feets*

Can't you fit Brainwavz stuff on them?
They have lots of pad models.

Yup. DT1990 owners in general here don't have any experience with headphones feel free to prove me wrong with your collection of headphones

Attached: muicee.png (473x443, 379K)

you're a cute anime girl user.

>Where the DT 1990 clearly falls behind the HD 600 is in the elevated treble. Some people say that it doesn't bother them, some say that it does, but either way it's about 15 dB above the midrange, which is significant. Does the elevated treble make these bad? That's where it gets even grayer. I personally find the stock signature painful to the point where I can't listen to it for more than a few minutes
>…and I still think that. The DT1990 isn’t a bad headphone, it’s just not one that’s compatible with me. I’ve been using the Analytical pads with them because I really, really don’t like the Balanced pads because they make them sound super muddy. The bass isn’t as clean as I’d like for a headphone in this price range, the midrange has this strange metallic tinge to it that sounds kind of robotic and glassy, and my treble sensitivities really, really don’t agree with the boosted treble. The treble combined with the strong clamp resulted in a small headache starting within the first five minutes of me using it.
>I tried using the DT1990 as my daily driver for about a month and had to send it back. The 8k spike makes the headphone ridiculously sibilant, and if you EQ that down to a reasonable level the mediocre soundstage collapses and the perceived detail takes a nose dive. The combination of the huge treble spike and how close the driver sits to your ear caused fatigue within 5 minutes of listening to anything other than rap and edm (which these excel at imo). I honestly don't see how anyone without considerable hearing loss can stomach that much treble. You have people bashing the original unmodded HD800 to no end for the harsh treble, yet the dt1990, which is far harsher, gets a free pass for some reason. I don't get the hype at all, and I like bright headphones.

me on the back with poky

Depends entirely on you. The X2's are cheaper but bulkier and spare parts are pretty much non existant. They sound great and can be driven very easily. The dt1990 are superior in every way but are more expensive, spare parts however are plenty available. Both are built like tanks, the dt 1990 is much sleeker though. I own the X2 and I'm very happy with it but I'm aware of it's shortcomings. Despite that i still haven't sold it and use it often, simply because my Smartphone can drive it which is very convenient.

>I knew it was bullshit when people were saying they were as neutral as HD600s but with subbass extension, thanks for proving all the idiots circlejerking these wrong :)
>I picked DT1990 over Sennheiser HD800 and HD600 cause its fun. The sound is not boring like HD650, everything is detailed and sounds exciting. Whoever says that DT1990 is neutral and aimed for monitor is complete bullshit. The only thing that fit for monitoring in DT1990 is to tell if your audio is sibilant or not.
>For people who used to comfortable sound of Sennheiser (especially HD650), DT1990 is treble cannon and will punish relaxed ears.

>unironically quoting some redditor

Yee haw

The X2's are tuned to work with their earpads others change the sound too much, the only ones i haven't tried are the round brainwavz xl velour pads, which look very similar to the X2's pads.

i fucking knew it. dt1990 and hd600 fags are unironic redditards

Attached: 1542676470917.png (800x800, 1.32M)