Get code monkey job

>get code monkey job
>show up on Monday for first day
>they give me a desk next to HR, across the office from th rest of the devs
>Do a few on boarding meetings with HR that just explain the company and product and shit
>no one from the development team comes to talk to me
>no one tells me what I should be doing, can't even find the code repository

I've literally just been browsing Jow Forums doing nothing the past few days. Bored af. Only getting paid 55k a year should I just ride it out until I find a new job? Hopefully soon I can start working from home I'll get some bank to literally be doing nothing.

How many or you fags actually have jobs in tech?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x359, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/image/YHsgN5Mf7GkCJWUyqzPRkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You pretty much do nothing for the first few days, that's common for all jobs.

Get a job in servers literally do nothing

This is normal. If you are attractive you should go flirt with the girls in hr.

Jobs where you do nothing suck. It's not satisfying and you feel like you're wasting your time

How the fuck is this normal? Take charge, go and talk to the devs yourself.

Don't do this. Do exactly what they tell you and just take it easy.

Get off your ass and prove yourself user

>dumb frogposter
>bullshit story
>ban evading autist
checks out
>warosu.org/g/image/YHsgN5Mf7GkCJWUyqzPRkw

They're probably expecting you to get everything setup on your PC and then ask for some tasks. Risk doing nothing if you feel like you can get away with it.

>not working on your personal projects in the mean time
cuck

And immediately get fired for sexual harassment.

You idiot you must convince them you're a friend and to be trusted, not go flirting as literally the first thing you say to them on the first week, if they think you're a friend they won't report you at least.

Only unattractive (aka "creeps") get fired for that.

I was fired from Tech Support job and because my uncle i got job as street-sweeper in the same place. It was really bad, some old dick shouted at me for sweeping badly, and cleaning lady was laughing at. Then i started to pursue CS degree so i would never had to shit like this again. I am sophomore now

OP is a low-tier code monkey getting shit pay at a cubicle farm, doubt he has game lmao

I have optional work from home, but they lure you into the office with the free Grubhub lunch.

Wish I worked with a pajeet

You'll have to deal with shit like that as a programmer too

I used to have jobs like that: nothing to do for days on end, and good money for it. Good times.

You need to take some kind of initiative. Idleness isn't sustainable.

It's a test you nigger. They want to see if you have any agency and can figure things out on your own. You are failing.

Sounds comfy user.
It sometimes takes me massive amounts of time to figure something out for work. It's not that I'm slacking but when I look at my achievements at the end of the day and the time I have spent. I just feels like : "Hwo the fuck can this be profitable for my company", "Why am I still working here".

Then I check my bank account and see the transaction with my salary.
Yep, I survived antother month. I remind myself the company is still looking for extra team members and I feel safe again.

I work from home btw.

Attached: delthis.jpg (489x499, 25K)

OP here, so you think they would be mad if I started working on my own projects?

It's all pajeets and fat boomers. I'm unironoclly probably one of the most attractive and definitely the most Jow Forums person I have seen here so far. There is one QT in HR who sits across from me facing the other direction. whats but she is probably a few years older than me (I'm 22). Yeah I have no game what's a good opener. Of course all my meetings were with the gay guy and the old lady.

In my current job I did nothing for the whole first month. Even now, there are some days where absolutely no tasks are given to me.

I work in a consulting firm

Seriously, fuck the current employment model. Pulling down a cool 86k to talk about football with boomer moms and dads because they want me around when they all take their six weeks of vacation. UBI when

Do you ask your superiors for tasks if you are idle?

Never do this. Best case scenario you look overly ambitious and restless.

This, they're watching you OP.

i got fired for doing this at my last job
was literally begging them for more work because i finish everything they ask me too fast
i was apparently an annoying nag and they didnt need anything else done so they just ended the contract.

based

yea i make 60k. in the last month wrote about 50 lines of code. have to go into the office though. eat rice and beans and don't do anything but stare at the wall in my apartment so I will hopefully be able to retire early. going into the office sucks cock.

Attached: 1540759900710.jpg (623x702, 177K)

>Rhyming shit with shit
What the shit?

Op im IT at a small firm,. I literally just install random shit on the raspberry pis I bought for the office and log it as preventive work.
I almost went full retarded and incredible PBX and was about to buy a trunk with my own money and use the yealinks here to see if it was cheaper but I got bored and moved on.
Yesterday my boss had me remove spyware from his smartphone

>hey, want to review my code in my office?

>street-sweeper
> "so i would never had to shit like this again"
Missing word or literal t. Poo

Older women closer to their thirties are superior to women in their early 20s, they are more mature and most have quit their bullshit phase already and have more experience in life.
I love getting old pussy, (not ancient tho)
I'd say go for it.

Accidental same fag
Meant for

This.

If you take initiative, they’re going to be really fucking annoyed with you, especially the agile master, because they have to revise their current project plans to include you in them.

wait it out, maybe do a personal project (on a private repo) while you have free time.

When the agile master approaches you, that’s when you’ll be brought onto the team proper.

That's usually how it is for entry level positions the first month. Experienced people, they're willing to put to work right away after giving them a mountain of documentations and the repository and a week to take it in, but for entry level it always seems to go "we don't trust him yet, we'll let him learn a little by having him not do anything whatsoever." Don't ask me the logic of it; I'm just a mid-level guy.