Job Thread

Your Job, Salary, Do you Like It?

Help Desk/Tech Support here. 2K USD/Month after taxes

Is there any reason to keep a job like this, other than earning less than average income?

Anyway, jobs thread

Attached: wagecage.jpg (753x1024, 175K)

Post the thread.

Attached: smugneutron.png (620x456, 49K)

Software attorney. A little over 200k. Being an attorney sucks, but it’s better than litigation or some other trash speciality.

>Your Job,
Title: Senior software engineer
What I do: R&D, embedded and system's programming at a company that makes hardware and software for shared-memory based networking.

>Salary,
~80k USD by today's exchange rate.

>Do you Like It?
Yes

Currently neet

Salary:
Grandparents give me 50 bucks when I visit them
I live in Australia so ask the jobs are web shit

Attached: 1518431384040.jpg (415x410, 41K)

What state?

Going back to school, but I was a junior software devloper (.net) making 60k

>I fucking hate enterprise coding and am trying to gtfo of the industry

Attached: 2432155677.jpg (300x300, 19K)

meant to say
>all the jobs are web shit
don't know how I'm supposed to be enthusiastic to an interviewer about JavaScript

A state that doesn’t border an ocean.

>you don't

Web shits need backends don't they?

QA Automation Engineer
£3400 GBP / $4300~ USD per month
I work remotely.

lucky for me is in Node.js hahahahahaha

In house compliance attorney for a company on the east coast and immigration side work applications/waivers. It's a ton of reading and a ton of waiting around for paperwork but at least it's not as stressful as litigation.

Was curious as to the state though.

I had a job doing automation. i HATED it and quit after 3 weeks

uipath, blueprism?

>I live in Australia so all the jobs are web shit
I feel you, most jobs in South America are webshit too, I regret not doing EE.
Backend is still webshit, just a little less shit, but nothing close to actual systems programming, telling you someone who worked over 2 years with backend in PHP.

Nice - I dabble in compliance since I’m in-house. And yeah, tons of reading. Beats carrying heavy boxes, I guess.

I don't mind it, it's all comfy and I've got years of experience in it on top of being a normal developer. It's building testing frameworks for various data ingestion services.

Full-stack dev, $90k-$105k a year.

I love it. Being able to do everything from sales meetings to specification, to implementation and deployment, it's great.

I don't need a boss or industry resources, I can directly transform time into money.

I'm a FANG senior compiler engineer.

It's pretty cool to work with so many highly skilled people. I learn new stuff every week, and basically never put in more than 40 hours.

>FANG senior compiler engineer
This means Facebook afaik.

Red Team for large aerospace company, $90k, love it.

Project/product manager, $4.2K/mo after taxes and deductions, it's easy

coming from a software background, i want to do this since i'm more E than I. I think i'd crush it. how to be PM from software background?

ahh true. I didn't hate it I guess but i felt like i could progress more easily as a full stack dev, since i have more exp with that .

how long have you been in the field?

Apple has a pile of llvm/clang/Swift/JSC people, Google has V8, Go, ART and some misc

... but yes ^^

473 US at month

Fuck, you gringos earn un chingo of money doing the same shit as me here, in this shitty country

Junior Software Engineer at just over 6k burgers / month.

Yes, lots of benefits -they pay for private health care, gym, parties n shit.
Guess country.

Web dev for insurance company. 130k/yr. it’s comfy.

I guess you could say embeddes full stack - from ASIC and processor design to firmware to compiler to userspace apps and a little bit of cloud.

120k. I don't enjoy it much anymore, but its more because I don't think what we're working on will help people much. I'm tired of consumer electronics.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm seriously interested in working for FB. However, I can't seem to get in contact with anyone other than silly recruiters that don't really understand what they are looking at. I was recently in contact with one, and she basically just followed a script and didn't answer any of my questions and wanted to schedule me for some entry-level programming interview.

How would I go about contacting the "right" people, and avoid the whole "please explain how to implement fizzbuzz" over the phone screening interviews? Or isn't that possible?

>Job
Mechanical engineer
>Pay
$73k a year current with annual raises
>Do you like it
Yep. Job isn't really too hard, and I get a fair amount of down time. People respect my job and company too.

I'm from a software engineering background as well. An opening showed up within my company that paid more than they were paying me as a dev, I read a few silicon valley meme books about what a product manager does, applied, and got it.

currently working at a QA tester for a car junk yard. 70k

All windows based application.
All applications self hosted. "Field engineering" team one guy is a washed up navy vet, whos a drunk, another guy is a flat earther
company trying to be "modern" but no solid processes in place, no proper documentation, a lot of the people who have been employed are on complete "cruise control seniority mode" teams wont talk to one another and shit breaks all the time during deployments, the deployment is literally a fucking confluence page with check boxes and @taguser to complete the steps. Went from a cushy six figure salary and playing around with docker and aws to this garbage fire. career in flames. ask me anything.

you need to move to another market hotshot, that's low pay for full stack

haha, you fucking shitskin poojet monkey

Are you fucking retarded? How are you going to solve problems at FB if you can't even get yourself to a goddamn interview.
Fuck off, fagit.

It recruiter
I hate you bunch of manchilds

Attached: 1545132939003.png (492x503, 439K)

Title: Software Engineer 2 at a AAA game studio
Salary: $79,000 US a year including free healthcare, average 3k yearly bonus, and in an area where a 3 bedroom house costs 250k

Its okay, I get really tired of crunch times and having to constantly pick up someone elses mess

I write router firmware. $110k, four years out of college and on the job, although I've been contributing to wifi drivers in the kernel for six years so I started off a bit higher than most grads. I'm a corporate code monkey, but I'm doing cool shit and nobody bothers me too much. I also teach night classes at a local college, but that shit is pebbles.

Shut up becky, maybe you should have gotten a real degree instead of psychology or a generic business degree with no speciality. Try sucking dick should be easier

>Triple A game company
>75K+ Salary and house costs 250K+.
Quit lying m8, where the fuck do u live?

Also, protip: if you have a master's (and sometimes even a BS) in STEM, it is stupid easy to get a side gig teaching at a community or no name college. I was shocked, given all old classmates I hear bitching about the labor market in academia.

Central Florida

>have five years experience from the industry and a PhD, multiple publications with source code available publicly and even have code in the Linux kernel
Give me a single reason I should suffer through implementing FizzBuzz and waiting for them to assess which positions I would be most suited for when the recruiter obviously is too lazy and never even bothered Googling my name when she found my LinkedIn profile.

Data engineer
Salary & bonuses + profit sharing brings me to about $120k/yr

I like it. The question is when will the culture and/or engineering as a whole degrade in quality to the point where I'm either forced out or it won't benefit me to work here anymore? I'm still young in my career so I don't see the point in leaving right now since we're one of the few companies in ATL that pay well.

plz reccomend

It's your job to sell yourself, you lazy fucking retarded code monkey.

WebDev for a startup
Equity
Losing house so not so comfy.

Attached: wagecage.png (2000x2000, 3.64M)

Junior Software Developer; $50k.

It's my first job out of college and I love it so far (6 months in). I'm the only developer in a (civil engineering) company of about 200 people. I set my own hours and basically work on whatever projects I want. People are starved for software solutions so I feel valued.

What kind of job am I fit for? I am good at and enjoy creating automated systems for admin tasks. Like Any admin task. All with 0 human interference. Is there a place for me somewhere? I can’t imagine that there are no businesses that wouldn’t want to save money by replacing unreliable humans with reliable systems that don’t sleep.

I moved to Japan to work as a automotive software validation engineer.

The pay is shit, but never mind that.

Outside of work its fucking impossible to meet guys or girls and its driving me absolutely nuts.

Dont mention meetup or whatever all you find there is race traitors and pale white guys, or europeans on holiday.

The sun sets at 4pm and all anyone does is work on the weekdays.

What the fuck do i do?

audit junior (financial audit)
18k before taxes

tfw burger salaries are x4 yout salary

Systems Engineer.

72/year

It's not bad. No one bugs me and I just do one IT project after another.

Do the honorable thing

Germany?

I've never had a job in my life. I'm 29 and I still don't have my high school diploma. Though, I did graduate. Should I just get a McJob at this point?

get me a new job then.

Contractor - Literally my job title. I fucking hate it. General IT I do but have zero responsibility. 100K US after the conversation. 40% I spend in meetings 40% chasing retard Indian IT people, 15% on skype and email.

Japs are still in the stone age when it comes to software. Bad move on your part senpai.

Attached: 1541634966575.jpg (2896x4096, 1.1M)

Traffic Coordinator, $29K

my supervisor is a qt and im trying to sleep with her. our boss manages the broker dept, the largest account and consults senior sales/veeps, so i'm barely micromanaged. cant remember the last time i got yelled at for making a mistake.

on the other hand i'm currently in a pissing match with a few employees in my dept that tried to make me do their work while they played on their phones. they cant do shit because im terribly good at my job and management likes me.

Attached: 1544895398295.jpg (2048x1536, 695K)

Go to community college, do well, transfer into a decent school and get your degree while completing some internships. Your resume will be indistinguishable from a normal grad. You will have no gaps since nobody lists their high school on a resume. If anyone asks (highly unlikely), just make up some bullshit about working McJobs before you got your ass in gear and finished college.

Attached: 1522453866684.png (622x600, 353K)

>Your Job, Salary, Do you Like It?
.NET Developer
The place I work at is pretty laid back and the work is easy. The hours are shit, but everything else is good.

has/does anyone here work completely remote? I'm thinking about a job that would be %100 remote but I've worked in an office pretty much my entire career so far so I feel like it would be a bit of a shock... plus I kinda feel like I don't have that many friends (that actually live in my area) outside of my work friends so I'd lose that bit of social interaction

I'm devops making $130k/year btw
I hate my current work but really like the people I work with which has made it hard to leave :/

>Bartender
>I make like $5.00 an hr, but I'll make anywhere from $80-250 in tips.
>No, I don't like it anymore. It was fun when I was younger, but now that I'm getting older, this job has been making me depressed.

Been teaching myself code. Hopefully I can get good enough for a job at a tech company. I don't even care if I start off with shit pay. I just want to be able to leave my job and have a better life.

Attached: please just fucking kill me.jpg (489x599, 58K)