Redpill me on the thinkpad

redpill me on the thinkpad

Attached: thonkpad.jpg (425x437, 28K)

found it

Attached: 1545324867192.jpg (425x437, 17K)

used thinkpads are cheap on ebay and are still powerful enough for general use thank you for reading this post you can close the thread now

Your best friend if you're a poor student.

We literally have a general for this.
Newfags, I swear.

fbpb

Pros:
Even recent ones can be found used at decent prices (bought a t470 at 500€ 10 months ago).
compared to the alternatives good keyboard, solid build and a usable trackpoint (game changer, if you'll start using it you won't be able to go back).
Good *nix compatibility.
Cons:
There's a chance you'll look like an autist to normies.

No

Cheap
Hard to break
Easy to repair
Good specs

Buying used laptops is disgusting, you are literally buying something that spends the majority of its life being used as a masturbation aid. If you want a ThinkPad get a modern new one

Baste n redpilled

>There's a chance you'll look like an autist to normies.
>he doesn't throw his money out the window, he has to be an autist

Attached: me2.jpg (485x297, 29K)

This is why you immediately buy a new keyboard though

That's why you only buy used from businesses that went bank-rupt so that everything is super-cheap and you can't jerk-off at work.

>you can't jerk-off at work
user, I...

t. underage/neet

No one gives a shit.

worth the money if you buy right
i'm torn between the t420 and t430 right now, just got one for my mom as a christmas present and i'm really liking it.

is it better to buy a t420 and upgrade the cpu or a t430 and upgrade the keyboard?

Attached: 4545.jpg (824x729, 59K)

>he thinks this is the posters opinion and doesnt realise that that is indeed how normals will see you, proving the autist point

Jow Forums after all

And most importantly, incredibly resilient and manly-size-hand friendly. Also has actual fucking wire LAN port. And the nipple.

Looks like shite. Next!

The T430 has two built in usb 3.0 ports if that's important to you.

Its looking like I will end up with a t430 with a classic keyboard
thanks man

>implying you are so important that strangers will bother to pay attention to your computer

They are the best machines I've ever had. That said, I used a T420 for some time and it worked well. It's starting to get a ibt slow now though. My company throws out T440s and T450s machines left and right so I have a dozen of those around. They are better in the sense that they are lighter, run for longer, and are much faster. You give up some versatility though.

I actually do that except I look for people with ThinkPads and give them cool guy points.
Tfw there's a girl in one of my classes with what looks to be a X230 with xx20 keyboard and she seems to be about as autistic as me.

this

Attached: green.jpg (168x300, 9K)

actually most normies are fascinated by the X201 because of the blinking lights they think it's a hacker's laptop

Consider the following:
There is an entire general on this board dedicated to them. Go there now, and the truth will set you free.

Take the blue pill

I hardly need a thinkpad for that

>he goes through life wanting to be a stranger to everybody

looking sociable and not like a sperg gives you an objective advantage when it comes to first impressions; contrary to the way it works in your head, those impressions do last and using a thinkpad or some other geeky niche quality product will gimp you socially.

you sound like a creep who can't mind his own business

you sound like you have no grasp on social interactions and the way people look at you.

It's a meme, get libreboot

using a laptop at a cafe or a library is not a social interaction. keep in mind we are talking about laptops, not suits

>Cheap
Well...

>Cons:
>There's a chance you'll look like a potential friend to actual autists.
ftfy

yeah you couldnt possibly want to befriend somebody who has previously seen you on your spergtop in a cafe or library, absolutely preposterous.

its not that big of a deal but straight up denying the negative social consequence of using something only tech savvy people would want to use or know about is textbook autist material

living in a city with a healthy mix of government, finance, tech, and academia, i've found my oldass laptop to be a net-positive as a first impression, to those i'd most want to impress (people from above-mentioned fields, not so much 1st-year university students at starbucks)

and the beauty of the thinkpad is that its design language hasn't deviated much since the one i use was released, so it may as well be brand new to most of these people people (and a secret show of power level to well-respected/paid greybeards who appreciate the same computing frugalism)

Probably the best laptops you can get second hand. If you don't care much about specs you can get good deals with first and second gen i-core thinkpads.

cant disagree with you, I'm looking at it from a student's perspective considering the first couple replies to this thread

I'm just saying there's no point in denying the effect it has on your first impressions (if you are in denial about this you probably are exactly the type of autist that normal people considering a thinkpad want to avoid looking like), good or bad depending on who it is we're talking about.

its not going to be even close to a dealbreaker unless its some hypebeast faggot or instagram whore, I was just discussing the fact that this will sometimes negatively impact the way people [even those you would typically befriend despite their shallow judgement of your laptop (most people are pretty shallow when it comes to little things like that)] will see you.