Now that the dust has settled, can somebody tell me if Ryzen is a meme?

Now that the dust has settled, can somebody tell me if Ryzen is a meme?
I'm looking to upgrade my Intel Ivy Bridge from 2012, but the R7 2700X has almost the exact same single thread score...
cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
Should I just give Intel my hard earned shekels after all?

Attached: AMD-Zen2-e1541776520789.jpg (659x439, 25K)

get intel, it's better

>I'm looking to upgrade my Intel Ivy Bridge from 2012, but the R7 2700X has almost the exact same single thread score...
Will Intel shills ever tire of lying?

Attached: untitled-12.png (682x908, 52K)

lol passmark

I'm not an Intel shill. I am legitimately looking for a nice CPU upgrade. Why are the scores on Passmark so different to that pic?

pic related is my current CPU (4670) and R7 2700X.

Attached: 4670.png (671x66, 8K)

oh shit nigger

Attached: ohshitnigger.png (682x922, 52K)

As someone who went from a 4690 to a 2700x your deluded.
Your CPU stutters under load and is 100% in almost every game

Indeed this. Corelets fail to realize even if the STP is the same, other loads can fuck off so the heavier hitting loads gain more effective STP from not fighting.

Yes, absolutely. That's why I want to upgrade. It's nearly always at 30% utilisation or more, even at idle.
But if the 2700X has the same single-thread performance score, how much better is actually going to be? Isn't most software still only single-thread anyway?

Depends on the application desu most if not all games and productivity programs are heavily multithreaded
Nothing is entirely dependent on a single core anymore if your upgrading from a quad core you will notice the difference immediately even sitting idle in windies
Plus multitasking is a breeze I can run 2+ games at the same time plus stream unzip tonnes of browser tabs in the background

More threads equals less fighting for resources equals smoother performance

Your processor is fine for now. But if you really want to upgrade, wait for Zen2

Also is a trash measure

it isn't fine by any means. It seriously struggles to cope with 2018 workloads. I will wait for Zen 2.

>Now that the dust has settled
amd's about to release the most revolutionary processor design since nehalem and you're saying that the dust has settled?

It's just a joke. What revolutionary design are you referring to?

>intel
lol

Attached: 1544989814656.png (914x678, 191K)

>muh gorillion cores!!!
enjoy having half your cores sitting at 0% while having trash singe thread performance
Buy the 9700k instead of whatever poozen garbage you were thinking of buying

It's not a meme, it's just a bit overhyped due to contrast with how bad FX series was. AMD for a while seemed like it was done for as a mainsteam x86 CPU maker.

It's still a good architecture with brilliant bang for buck ratio. Having said that, if you have lots of money and want an absolute fastest CPU for whatever needs you have, you go Intel. However, if you want to get the most out of a somewhat limited budget, you're probably better off with AMD.

If you're a richfag and don't give a fuck about money you go for a 9900K. Everything else Intel is overpriced and not worth it.

>muh single coars
>multicore doesn't matter
|
|>

Intel gives the best performance and doesn't have compatibility issues with rams and gpus like ryzen has. Don't be a jew, spend a few more bucks and get a good and reliable Intel cpu.

>Buying a literal oven

nah m8

based and redpilled

Housefires are a good thing.

Attached: 1539296460877.jpg (474x415, 37K)

Pretty much this.

Everyone on the planet is buying Ryzen because Intel is old and shit. Simple.

I'd rather have half the threads idle than have whatever I'm doing start stuttering because a random background process decided to start revving up.

9980XE > 2990WX

Stutters are a good thing.

Attached: 1514937277489.jpg (626x657, 81K)

>pissmark

>28 > 32
you can't actually be this retarded can you

I went from 4670k to a ryzen 1600x.

Mainly because i game PUBG and i was getting stuttering and low fps, my 1080ti was being used at around 30%

Upgraded to 1600, overclocked it to 4ghz.

gpu usage is now 60% and im gettin way higher fps, altough i had stuttering to begin with it was related to my 1080ti being faulty.

Now i can just imagine what a 2700x that has 10% higher clocks and better IPC compared to my 1600x but im guessing 10-15% higher performance in gaming meaning about 30ish % higher fps compared to the i5.

>people still rely on pissmark
>for anything

lmao.

What do you suggest instead of PassMark?

The AMD CPU only excels at multithreaded Blender and Cinebench tests. If you zoom out and assume that you want the best of everything after paying an astounding premium for this class of hardware, then the Intel CPU is a better fit all around. It doesn't have a crazy high score in C4D, but it keeps a steady pace everywhere. Each processor has its benefits, but the Intel processor does offer the best balance of single- and multi-threaded performance, largely because you won't encounter the few worrying performance hiccups born of the Threadripper 2990WX's unique design.

Literally any other benchmark is more objective than passmark. Anything else, just choose absolutely anything else.

you're not supposed to copy directly from the pdf they give you retard.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

With 4 fewer cores, Intel achieves comparable results with AMD. They can squeeze more juice/nm. It has a higher boost clock, lower TDP, wider RAM support, better resale value.

I'm currently on a 2500k, I suggest waiting for Zen2. It'll be a missive upgrade, probably only 7 months away.

they really can't, it has a 255w tdp baseline compared to amds 180w, puts less cores in that tdp, can't overclock nearly as far, sucks up more than 500w under avx 512, and underperforms compared to the 2990wx in every other metric except single threaded operations which holy shit why are you buying ultra hedt chips just to play games.

Not to mention costlier and requires an ungodly number of power connectors and cooling just to run.

[software that shows amd better than intel] of course

Like what? Give me an example.

Why would I support a jewish company? Are you guys from Jow Forums really supporting a jewish company? I know you all browse Jow Forums so don't fucking even go there.

guess what, haswell, broadwell, and skylake also have almost the exact same single thread score...;)

I suspect that you're being heavily biased, misinformed, or a liar. Because that Intel CPU has a baseline TDP of 165W, not as you stated. Also, the power consumption you posted is either false or extremely niche-cherry-picked—when in reality you should be making a median of all workflows, not just a single one (as I've already stated in my previous message). If I were to use the same logic, you can rest assured that AMD also crosses 500W in specific workloads that have to power 4 more cores. And finally, in regards to the performance metrics, only rendering programs outperform the Intel CPU, and underperform in many other aspects, even cheaper AMD versions like the 2950X; which is a big disappointment after paying almost $2k for it, $100 less than for Intel. I don't know if you still have to restart your computer every time you'd use an Adobe product or for gayming, maybe AMD has patched it since, but what's the point of paying for 32 cores if you're only using half of it?

Attached: 102800.png (650x250, 29K)

Its a meme 20$ aliexpress 6core xeons from 2010 perform better than the best most OC 8core zen2 that costs 15x as much

People simply hyped it to hate on Intel

>intelfag doesn't know how computer works